Wait for HHI resale?

Debby7

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have experience with a purchasing HHI resale form Disney? If so could I ask how long your wait was before the points became available for purchase? We were put on the wait list for 100 September points a month ago and I am going nutty waiting. Hoping that if I had a time frame for my wait , I wouldn't be so anxious.

Also wondering If I should ask to buy first available , even if it is a different use year( if Disney will let you do that)

Thanks for your help and encouragement!

We have a Sept UY. When I wanted to add on HHI points in July 2012, they said people had been on the Sept UY waiting list since Oct 2011. I would have been behind them. Maybe they have less Sept. UY??
They had Oct UY available. I took Oct. The guide said some find a different UYs hard to manage and if you need to combine points, it counts as a transfer. We went with an Oct UY and got the points in a few days (in time to make June 2013 reservations @ 11 months).
I only use HHI for HHI @ 11 months, so no issues with different UY for me.

Fidelity has a 150 HHI Sept UY for sale right now. Its asking price is $60. PP .

It took me a little while to find the right Dec UY HHI contract.

Keep looking the resale market, you will find one !

Good Luck

After 7 weeks on the waiting list for 100 HHI Sept points direct from Disney, I called my guide and asked about other use years. Less than 48 hours later , I received a call offering me 100 HHI Oct use year ! Within two more days I had the points and could make my ressie for next May. So happy!

That is honestly the biggest benefit of buying 'resale' direct from Disney.
The price... ehh, yeah, not so great.

When we were in the market for HHI point, I called our guide, but she was out of the office for the week ( I think working on the Cruise Line), and after a somewhat lengthy discussion with another guide, his advice was BUY RESALE from the market, not from Disney.

Keep in mind, this was before the resale changes were to take place (we made an offer two days before the resale changes were announced).

I know I have told this story 1,000 times on here, but here it goes again.

The seller was asking $62 p/p - We offered $40. It was more about our budget and getting the same UY as our other contracts... but anyway... they came with with a counter offer of $500 more than our offer price. Offer accepted, and now we wish we owned ALL of our points at HHI! We just got back from a week there, and fell in love with it ALL over again due to the renovations! SUCH an amazing resort!!!

Enjoy your trip in May!!!! :banana:

After 7 weeks on the waiting list for 100 HHI Sept points direct from Disney, I called my guide and asked about other use years. Less than 48 hours later , I received a call offering me 100 HHI Oct use year ! Within two more days I had the points and could make my ressie for next May. So happy!

We love our HHI vacations! I am glad things worked out for you!

We bought resale and because of the way things are done in SC, it took 4+ months before we finally got the points!

We love our HHI vacations! I am glad things worked out for you!

We bought resale and because of the way things are done in SC, it took 4+ months before we finally got the points!

Thinking about resale for HHI. Why did it take 4 months?

I called my guide June 22nd to add on after I returned from my first trip to HHI because I loved it so much. :love: Was put on the waitlist. I called again to check on the status a month later, and nothing yet. While I was at WDW on August 7th I got a message from my guide that my points were in. I called to find out more, and when he found out I was at WDW he sent the DVC van to pick me up at BCV so I could come to the preview center at SSR to sign my contract. He was able to get 2014 points for me, and the points were in my account that day. I called MS, banked my points and made a reservation for next June before the van came to get me. :goodvibes

My guide was very surprised at how quick the points became available b/c he had told me it could take up to 4 months or more on the waitlist. But I'm now an owner at HHI! And it only took 7 weeks.

I thought about doing resale like I did for my previous contracts, but since the changes in purchasing resale I wanted everything consistent with my account, so I did this one through Disney.

I called my guide June 22nd to add on after I returned from my first trip to HHI because I loved it so much. :love: Was put on the waitlist. I called again to check on the status a month later, and nothing yet. While I was at WDW on August 7th I got a message from my guide that my points were in. I called to find out more, and when he found out I was at WDW he sent the DVC van to pick me up at BCV so I could come to the preview center at SSR to sign my contract. He was able to get 2014 points for me, and the points were in my account that day. I called MS, banked my points and made a reservation for next June before the van came to get me. :goodvibes

My guide was very surprised at how quick the points became available b/c he had told me it could take up to 4 months or more on the waitlist. But I'm now an owner at HHI! And it only took 7 weeks.

I thought about doing resale like I did for my previous contracts, but since the changes in purchasing resale I wanted everything consistent with my account, so I did this one through Disney.

Congrats ! :thumbsup2
Are they still doing the $105. PP promotion for HHI ?

We just made our July 2015 plans for HHI ..........like you, we cant wait !!!

We have 3 HH contracts (50, 25 and 50) bought via resale (for cheap). We were on the direct WL, to add more, for a bit but switched over to add on BWV points instead.

Just got back from HHI 3 days ago...very very glad we own points there as it is a beautiful resort and such a fun island. You will enjoy your points. Those room renovations are gorgeous.

Congrats ! :thumbsup2
Are they still doing the $105. PP promotion for HHI ?

We just made our July 2015 plans for HHI ..........like you, we cant wait !!!

Thanks! I was offered $105 per point plus a $7 per point discount, so $98 per point. Granted, not as good as the resale market, but for the long term peace of mind that I can use all of my points interchangeably for DCL or ABD if I eventually want to, it was worth it to me. Plus I got the 2014 points that I probably wouldn't have with resale, so now I'll be able to book my future trip to Aulani without banking, borrowing, or renting. :beach:

Already looking forward to going back to the relaxing low country!

Thanks! I was offered $105 per point plus a $7 per point discount, so $98 per point. Granted, not as good as the resale market, but for the long term peace of mind that I can use all of my points interchangeably for DCL or ABD if I eventually want to, it was worth it to me. Plus I got the 2014 points that I probably wouldn't have with resale, so now I'll be able to book my future trip to Aulani without banking, borrowing, or renting. :beach:

Already looking forward to going back to the relaxing low country!

Wow, I think you did great at $98. PP direct ! Awesome !!! :thumbsup2
I cant remember, :confused3 but if you buy direct, there is no closing cost too ???

I purchased HHI via resale, but it took 4 months to be done, was such a pita and the closing cost was a fortune (Like $600+ dollars) ! Seems like most of the brokers do not know squat about how the HHI resales are supposed to go down (closing, etc) . Glad I got it cheap ($50. PP for 220 loaded) , because it was not a fun road to go down. Now its all over , and mostly forgotten !

Have fun in HHI !

Direct does have some closing costs now, but very minimal compared to resale...I paid like $130 for my 55 point BWV contract. And ProudMommy, I do think the $98 is for current members...as the $7 off per point was what we got for the BWV (for adding 50 points or more) as a current member. HHI, though, is listed at $115pp...so I am not sure what the $10 off is (that makes it $105pp before the $7 off for current members). BWV is $130pp and I got the $7pp off and paid $123pp...back in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter