Wait a minute, I'm 40, when did this happen? Nicki & Todd LIVE reviews! Completed!

LOVE Sci Fi Dine In review. I'll be eating there in about 40 days and I can't wait! I had heard about the fried pickles but hadn't seen or heard a review - so thanks for that as well.

And way to go with your man's magic ability to be seated anytime, anywhere! He makes me want to give it a try.

Hi Nicki,
I really enjoyed all of your reviews. I always look forward to them. They really give me my Disney food fix that I so desperately need!!! Thanks for taking your time to write all of these. Have a safe trip home and I'll be looking forward to your next trip!!
Joan

Just getting caught up! The Berry Weiss and the grapefruit beer were some of my favorites too! And we were at Epcot on Friday and DHS on Saturday, too! :thumbsup2

So many comments, where do I start?!

I have to make it back over to your report and catch up!

First I am in AWE by Todd's ability to get reservations wherever he goes. That's insane! I can't even imagine a walk-up at LC...last time we ate there we had a half-hour wait WITH a reservation! :laughing:

I should start calling him Midas!

Your Nine Dragons meal looks soooo good! I was so pleasantly surprised when we ate there! It's cool that you champion some of the less popular restaurants!

We really love this place!

Tutto Italia in your pics looks fantastic. I'm annoyed with you for putting yet another restaurant onto my radar, WHEN am I ever supposed to get through this list?! :lmao: I kid, I kid. We ate there in 2010 and I didn't enjoy it much, but I think I ordered wrong for my tastes. The zucchini, meatballs, and veggies look like a completely perfect meal to me! I need to learn to get creative like you and customize meals when they're not exactly how I'd want them!

I am so glad we ate there twice, and I loved the veggies both times. I have learned to ask if you dont want something or do want something different...9 out of 10 you can get it

Aaaaaand lastly, I have to laugh at your comments about how suddenly cold it is. :lmao: It's FINALLY feeling like fall! I'm loving it! Don't jinx us! :cool2:

I was so cold coming home last night and today I have on pants and a long sleeve top!

You have had such a great trip! Via Napoli has never disappointed us so that will be a great way to end up!

I am impressed at your ability to document everything live! Have a safe trip home!

It was wonderful! I hope to update tonight

Awww, so sad that it is over. Looks like a fantastic trip! Really love your Tutto Italia meals. DS and I may try it in March. And I really hope that DH and I have a trip like yours down the road. Lots of relaxing and snacking! I tend to be more commando!

Safe Travels home!

It was a great trip and I cannot believe we are back to the real world! The more I relinquish control the better off we are..not too tired and still eating at great places!

Hello gorgeous! Your live report (well, I've missed most of the live part at this point, but I was actually THERE, so that counts for something right?) actually got me to log on the Dis again. :rotfl:

Aw shucks, you make me blush! It was so good to see you!

I just have to say that the only (and it is not insignificant) drawback about the Boardwalk resorts is the lack of food courts. When we stayed at Art of Animation, I realized how darn convienent they are, especially if they're open late. I recall one night when we were at the Beach Club and wanted dinner late and there was NOTHING. Ugh.

I totally agree with this, there needs to be more CS at the Epcot resorts. The MK resorts have nice food courts

Texas de Brazil sounds fantastic. And you probably hit it right on the head: Ohana, but better! Lol.

It is my favorite!

Really want to see Argo. It looks fantastic. And your veggie plate looks delish. I have to say that its never even crossed my mind to go to the movies while I'm at Disney, but it isn't a bad idea. I can put it on the list for next time. Its perfect for an afternoon when maybe you don't just want to nap, but don't want to go schlepping around a park, either.

Argo was great, so glad we saw that and I loved the veggies. I wish we had more time to go back and see another movie...we rarely get to the movies at home with us working all the time, usually just do the Netflix thing

I love Citrico's, but haven't been back since last February, when we had an amazing meal with incredible service from start to finish. That said, I haven't rushed back because I think I'd pobably order the exact same thing, and while that swordfish is delicious, I have a sneaking suspicion that if I tried really hard I could replicate that dish at home. Minus the triangle shaped pasta, of course. Although I suppose ziti would be a fine replacement. That's kinda my overall problem with Italian food; if I can do it at home, why bother you know?

Todd always orders the short ribs, why mess with perfection?

I had the shrimp the first time I went to Citrico's, way back in 2010. I agree that it just isn't that spectacular. Pretty bland, if you ask me.

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks so

Breakfast at Kona looks great. I love Kona and wish I could have fit it in either of my last trips. I think I love breakfast and dinner there about equally. Sorry about the pumpkin pancakes. Don't know if this helps, but Trader Joe's makes an excellent pumpkin pancake mix that they only sell in the fall. Its wonderful!

I love Kona, pumpkin or not lol!

Double fisting the egg rolls! Love it!

He did that a few times this trip!

I had a late reservation at La Hacienda San Angel this past April and got to chatting with my adorable server. Turns out SAI, La Hacienda, and the Maya Grill are all operated by the same people. Who knew?

I never knew that, we do not like LH or SAI but love Maya, go figure!

It also seems as though food quality throughout WDW has improved in the last year or so. When went in February of 2011 with Max and my Mom, and then again that July, good meals were hard to come by. But I had fantastic meals everytime in 2012.

I know the prices sure have gone up..WOW they so expensive now!

The fried ice cream looks incredible. I love fried ice cream...and churros...and, well, anything that involves cinnamon.

He really enjoyed it

I was not able to hit any of the F+W booths on the Canada end and I was bummed...really wanted to try that spanakopita. I love it.

Oh man, Canada and Greece were our favorites

What? I don't even score a mention in your write-up of your China experience??? ;) Ha. I also agree that rum drink was fantastic.

Oops, My bad! I will fix that tonight! Glad to have you back on the Dis!

I"m about half way through here and I need to stop for the time being. Got a hurricane to prepare for. Lol.

Be back soon, though!

Be safe, I hope this Frankenstorm passed you by!

I cannot believe you are going home today...it seems you just got there. But in being selfish I will say I'm glad because we are now at 39 days before we are at Disney together celebrating Mark's 60th birthday and Christmas together. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I cannot believe our man got yet another walk up. Unbelievable.

The photopass photos are great. But now, where is the picture of you with the full and/or empty beer glass???? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

11 days sure does go by fast huh? Cannot wait for Xmas! Those beer pics were for you only lol!

Seriously..how does Todd do it??? I wish I had that luck!
Looks like you guys had a great time, even though it got a little chilly!

Now if he could just pick winning lottery tickets!

Hi, Good Morning Just want to tell you what beautiful pictures of you and
Todd such a good looking couple. Safe trip home and thanks again for your very entertaining trip report. Will be looking forward to you and Kathys in Dec. Elaine

Thank you Elaine!

I started reading your dinning report a few days ago, but just had time now to comment. It's been so awesome reading about the amazing meals you've have. Everything from Tutto Gusto looks amazing! I too am a huge olive fan! I defiantly want to try the eggplant caponata. In reality I kind of want to try then entire menu ;) Have a safe trip home, i'm sorry to see the live reports end.

So glad you enjoyed them...the olives rocked! I could not stop eating them

I love the France photo in front of the fountain! So pretty! Enjoy your last few hours!

Thats my favorite too!

LOVE Sci Fi Dine In review. I'll be eating there in about 40 days and I can't wait! I had heard about the fried pickles but hadn't seen or heard a review - so thanks for that as well.

And way to go with your man's magic ability to be seated anytime, anywhere! He makes me want to give it a try.

The pickles were awesome and it seemed like the entire restaurant was ordering them!

Hi Nicki,
I really enjoyed all of your reviews. I always look forward to them. They really give me my Disney food fix that I so desperately need!!! Thanks for taking your time to write all of these. Have a safe trip home and I'll be looking forward to your next trip!!
Joan

Happy to help Joan!

Just getting caught up! The Berry Weiss and the grapefruit beer were some of my favorites too! And we were at Epcot on Friday and DHS on Saturday, too! :thumbsup2

We drank so much of those 2 beers, I hope I left some for our F&W goers!

Thanks for doing this live report! ^.^ I love reading about Disney trips. They always give me a smile and a memory to recall. I appreciate your willingness to take time out of your vacation to brag about (I mean share!) your dining adventures :)

Oh I've soooo enjoyed reading your reviews! (not quite done yet but almost!)

You have me totally drooling about the TG wine cellar selections! I added that to our list for January!

I really love what a great sport your DH is! It's so fun to see all of your cute pics of him making crazy food faces and reading about his antics.

Even with alllll the trips we've made I've never done a dining report but I love reading them! Every trip I promise myself that "this time" I will. Maybe January will be the magic trip. :lmao:

Can't wait to hear how your Christmas trip goes!

I don't know what Nicki had, but Germany makes a wonderful grapefruit/wheat beer blend called Schoefferhofer. YUM!
yep thats it, i found my picture of the germany beer stand and after schoefferhofer, it says grapefruit.:thumbsup2

thanks

Thanks for doing this live report! ^.^ I love reading about Disney trips. They always give me a smile and a memory to recall. I appreciate your willingness to take time out of your vacation to brag about (I mean share!) your dining adventures :)

Thanks for reading it!

Oh I've soooo enjoyed reading your reviews! (not quite done yet but almost!)

You have me totally drooling about the TG wine cellar selections! I added that to our list for January!

I really love what a great sport your DH is! It's so fun to see all of your cute pics of him making crazy food faces and reading about his antics.

Even with alllll the trips we've made I've never done a dining report but I love reading them! Every trip I promise myself that "this time" I will. Maybe January will be the magic trip. :lmao:

Can't wait to hear how your Christmas trip goes!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! TG was incredible, wish we had more time to snack there!

Todd is a crack up! I just love him so much!

You should do a dining review, I would love to read it!

do you remmeber what the name of that grapefruit beer was?

I don't know what Nicki had, but Germany makes a wonderful grapefruit/wheat beer blend called Schoefferhofer. YUM!

yep thats it, i found my picture of the germany beer stand and after schoefferhofer, it says grapefruit.:thumbsup2

thanks

That is the one! It was excellent...going to Total Wine and More this weekend and hopefully they will have it

Ok time for the last day reviews. We slept in and could not decide what we wanted for breakfast, Sunshine Seasons, Boardwalk Bakery or Beach Club Market Place. BCM was closer so we went with that.

The weather was a bit sunny, cool and breezy. The Marketplace wasnt that busy.

lastday001.jpg

I loved that they had flavored syrups to add to your coffee and tea.

lastday002.jpg

We had coffee and juice, large selection of items here

Todd wanted a breakfast sandwich on a bagel but they were out of everything except cinnamon raisin...that didnt sound too good with eggs cheese and bacon. He really loved this, he subbed the provolone for american cheese, lots of bacon in that sandwich and it was on sourdough bread that they put on a panini machine. Instead of potato casserole he had berry yogurt with berries and almonds.

lastday001.jpg

lastday004.jpg

lastday005.jpg

I had a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon since they didnt have sausage. The eggs were awesome but the bacon was nasty, too hard and smokey

lastday003.jpg

It was nice eating there, I would do it again, they have a outside seating area and a few tables inside.

After a nice breakfast we made our way over to Epcot for a final goodbye and a final meal. I saved the best for last and booked Via Napoli for Todd. He loves the pizza here and I love the sauce!

Me: Hey, why are you walking so fast?

Todd: Its pizza time!

Me: We just ate breakfast and our reservation isnt for 2 hours!

Todd: Lets get in line early!

Poor thing, always thinking of his tummy!

Such cutie patootie waiters and they all dote on me and ignore my husband :lmao:

We shared a large bottle of Aqua Panna, I love this water!

I started with a salad, excellent! Lots of mixed greens, diced cucumbers, paper thin sliced fennel, tomatoes and string beans with a light red wine vinegar dressing and topped with a slice of real honest to goodness parmesan cheese. I loved this! DH not so much. Pretty large serving too, filled me up.

lastday015.jpg

lastday016.jpg

I knew we were going to get a margherita pizza but the boy still had a trick up his sleeve

Todd: We are getting the large

Me: Why? I will just nibble on one slice

Todd: Look into my eyes, deeper...deeper...we are getting the large

The look in his eyes was that of pizza dough spinning in the air, tons of sauce smothering that dough and topped with cheese that bubbles up in the hot oven. Nothing else was on his mind in that moment, certainly not common sense

Me: Ok fine...you can order the large but I am not leaving any slice behind so you have to eat it all

Todd: Silly woman, why would I leave behind a scrap of this delicious pie?

So we ordered the large...OH MAN, this as good and I think it is because of the sauce but he says its the dough. Whatever it is, it is perfection!

lastday017.jpg

Look at that happy man inhaling his pizza

lastday018.jpg

The server was kind enough to bring me a side of sauce to smother my slices in...I could just drink this stuff, yes it is that good! It was so good I had 2 slices!

lastday019.jpg

Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal, it was the best place to end our dining adventures.

I know you all want to know if Todd finished that pie..well yes...but not all at the table. We took 2 slices home and he ate it in the car around Sarasota :rotfl:

It was time to leave, head back to the YC and grab the car.

Todd: I know this sounds nuts but I am sorta happy to be going home

Me: Yeah, I know what you mean

Todd: But we are coming back soon so that is awesome!

Me: Yup, but there is no naps on this trip

Todd: So we are going commando style? Oy!

And that concludes the great dining adventures of Nicki and Todd, 40th birthday edition!

I am so glad that many of you enjoyed the reviews and added commentary, it was a blast writing it.

Please come back in December when I start my next set of reviews. It wont be live but it will be a deluxe set of reviews as I will be taking pictures and comments from 6 people! Yes 6! KatMark (Kathy) and her husband Mark, their son Andy and his girlfriend Des will all be at WDW for the holidays in just 36 days!

This is a surprise 60th birthday trip for Mark...not only doesnt he know he is going but he will not know that Todd and I are going to show up!

See you soon!

What a perfect way to end the report - that pizza looks fantastic. And it's so exciting that you'll be back in WDW so soon! Can't wait for the next set of reviews. :goodvibes

Wohoo! Awesome reviews, I'm sad you're finished, but can't wait for your December reviews! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for sharing! :flower3:

Let me also add that I too am sad you are finished but in a little over a month you can start again!!! Have a great Thanksgiving and "see" you in December. Elaine:)

ive seen them do halfs on pizza there, plain cheese/pep etc...but wondering if they could do that with the margharita pizza?

and your pictures makes me want to eat there more next trip, we only had one day in epcot, and we chose to do lunch and dinner at the booths this trip...wich was a great plan.

Nice timing, my next review is of Via Napoli as well! It was our first time and we looooooooved it! Your salad looks so, so good, too bad we hadn't tried anything all wholesome like that during our meal there! :lmao:

I'm sad your live reviews are over but so excited you've got another trip right around the corner! :yay: Your reviews are hilarious and it seems like so much work to do them live, but you rock it out each time! And you pick such interesting restaurants, I can't wait for your next lineup. Good thing you've got Todd's magic, ADRs can get crazy during the holidays but we all know he definitely doesn't need any! :lmao:

Great reviews, as always, my dear. Love the pic of Todd eating his pizza.

Now the question is: do we just chuck all of our ADR's in 37 days and let Todd walk us in each and every day? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, this is going to be THE BEST TRIP EVER!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter