Wait a minute, I'm 40, when did this happen? Nicki & Todd LIVE reviews! Completed!

As we said goodbye to MK, no worries we are coming back in 41 days, who's counting though right? DH realized we had to ride a bus! ACK! I told him no more buses :lmao:

Lucky for me a bus pulled up fast, but it was a BW/Swan/Dolphin bus. Would he notice? Yes

Todd: Is this your way of getting me to the bakery?

Me: Well no, but now that you mention it

Todd: You are a devious little thing you know that?

Me: YUP!

We hopped the bus and a few minutes later showed up at the bakery. The BW was empty at 2pm and the sun was out but it was still super windy. Once inside the bakery I could not make up my mind as to what I wanted...well you see why right?

frimorning034.jpg

frimorning035.jpg

frimorning036.jpg

frimorning037.jpg

Me: What do you want?

Todd: Get whatever you want, I will eat what you dont

Me: THey dont have a pumpkin cupcake, what a bummer

Todd: Get a different cupcake

Me: Which one, strawberry or mocha

This is where he leaned over me and said the to the CM

Can you please give my indecisive wife a strawberry AND mocha cupcake

I just look at him like :confused3

His response was, lets take one for the Diser team and tell them all about it! :thumbsup2

The mocha was excellent, very light and moist, very creamy whipped topping and a nice coffee flavor. This is more like a after dinner dessert if you know what I mean

frimorning038.jpg

frimorning040.jpg

The strawberry one was the winner, although both were fantastic. This one was moist, sweet but not overly, super light and cream whipped topping and just very fresh berry tasting

frimorning039.jpg

frimorning041.jpg

After our treat we came back to the room for a break. We cancelled our Yachtsman dinner last night after LC dinner because neither of us wanted another large steak meal..no worries, we will go there on Saturday night. So far the plan tonight is Capts Grill right in our resort and then go to Epcot for bit...unless its a mad house!

I love reading your dining reviews, you guys are so cute. Only Todd can get a walk in at LeCellier.

Hope the rain hasn't started in Orlando yet! We've been having a soaker today!

That's awesome you were able to get into Le Cellier! I guess making it a 2 credit dinner meal definitely helped. And I love your comment to the table next to you, I would have done the same thing! :laughing:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, time for lots of tasty treats!

Ok.... I am sooooo envious of your dining experiences! We are planning for our upcoming trip in Dec. and in the process of making a food budget. It might be rude of me to ask, and please don't answer if you are offended, but what was your budget for food/drinks on this trip? I would love to make a similar suggestion to DH so that we can enjoy eating what we want, when we want it!

Shocking that u just walked into LC!!! Nice!!! Good for you for telling the butt talk man to shut it!!! :lmao::rotfl::lmao: Both DH & I enjoyed that story!!

& the 3rd great review on the strawberry cupcake!!! We have only had the cookie ice cream sandwich @ MSB so we gotta sample some bakery treats this time!!!

Hey just read your post just back from WDW. I got my grapefruit beer served warm. It was great. If you like beers warm

Wow- Todd is the king of walk ups. I know everyone here is saying that, but- REALLY, Nicki! It's completely amazing!!!

We are headed there in a week and a half- for the first time (Pods and I) since it was (Are you sitting down?) a CAFETERIA! :crazy: I KNOW! :sad2: I have been there for lunch, but not with Pods. So I am glad to hear you both liked it so much. :thumbsup2

And your strawberry cupcake? I showed it to My DS15, Tyler- he is IN! We were just having a conversation about BW bakery the other day, and I was telling him he's going to really like it there...now he knows for sure- thanks!

Also- I have a question- where is the beer that you've been trying? I mean, which booth for the grapefruit and the berry one? Near AA?

Thanks- looking forward to that funnel cake, too- glad you had it with the ice cream to remind me about that! I totally forgot to get there last year...

I love reading your dining reviews, you guys are so cute. Only Todd can get a walk in at LeCellier.

Thank you! I was shocked he was able to get us in!

Hope the rain hasn't started in Orlando yet! We've been having a soaker today!

That's awesome you were able to get into Le Cellier! I guess making it a 2 credit dinner meal definitely helped. And I love your comment to the table next to you, I would have done the same thing! :laughing:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, time for lots of tasty treats!

It drizzled a bit this morning but so far that was it. I think you are right, 2 TS places tend to open up the day before you want them. My horrible table neighbors..they were nothing compared to what I saw tonight!

Ok.... I am sooooo envious of your dining experiences! We are planning for our upcoming trip in Dec. and in the process of making a food budget. It might be rude of me to ask, and please don't answer if you are offended, but what was your budget for food/drinks on this trip? I would love to make a similar suggestion to DH so that we can enjoy eating what we want, when we want it!

I will PM you in a second

Wow, that is amazing even for Todd...a walk up at LC!

Jill in CO

If he didnt think he was the walk in MAN before he totally does now!

You have got to be kidding me?????? Maybe it's not a bad idea for Todd to try to get us a walk-up at CP in 41 days after all. The man is the DIS God of walk-ups. Seriously, I am floored.

I'm so glad you had a good meal at LeCellier. As you know, we were very disappointed in our meal last year September, but maybe I'll try to make an ADR for lunch next August (no, I am not trying a walk-up unless Todd is with me...oh wait, he will be for a few days :scratchin).

I called Mark and told him what you posted and he said to tell you:

FISHIES are the best. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

There is no living with him now ;) We both enjoyed LC so much, the meat was fantastic!

Nicki,
OMG!! That pumpkin funnel cake looks incredible!! I'm gaining weight just looking at all these pictures!! Todds so lucky getting into
restaurants without ADRs. I might have to take him on my next vacation!!
Joan

I thought I would gain too but I have us running to death, as Todd puts it, so we are def burning off what we eat! I should start renting Todd out for WDW vacations :lmao:

I will have that pumpkin funnel cake next week or else! ;)

Jill in CO

You must get it with ice cream!

Shocking that u just walked into LC!!! Nice!!! Good for you for telling the butt talk man to shut it!!! :lmao::rotfl::lmao: Both DH & I enjoyed that story!!

& the 3rd great review on the strawberry cupcake!!! We have only had the cookie ice cream sandwich @ MSB so we gotta sample some bakery treats this time!!!

Now you know how I felt! That idiot man, he drove me nuts...who talks like that when you are so close to other diners? I love that strawberry cupcake, its like a strawberry shortcake only better!

Hey just read your post just back from WDW. I got my grapefruit beer served warm. It was great. If you like beers warm

I do not like beer to begin with so in order to drink it I prefer it icy cold

Wow- Todd is the king of walk ups. I know everyone here is saying that, but- REALLY, Nicki! It's completely amazing!!!

And dont think he isnt calling himself just that! :rotfl2:

We are headed there in a week and a half- for the first time (Pods and I) since it was (Are you sitting down?) a CAFETERIA! :crazy: I KNOW! :sad2: I have been there for lunch, but not with Pods. So I am glad to hear you both liked it so much. :thumbsup2

Oh my, that is wild!

And your strawberry cupcake? I showed it to My DS15, Tyler- he is IN! We were just having a conversation about BW bakery the other day, and I was telling him he's going to really like it there...now he knows for sure- thanks!

Get two, they are too wonderful to share and if he didnt order the mocha one as well I would have fought him to the last forkful!

Also- I have a question- where is the beer that you've been trying? I mean, which booth for the grapefruit and the berry one? Near AA?

The grapefruit one, yum, is by the Germany food booth and the Berry Weiss and Purple Haze is in the front entrance to the countries, next to the Hawaii food booth

Thanks- looking forward to that funnel cake, too- glad you had it with the ice cream to remind me about that! I totally forgot to get there last year...

Dont forget it this year!

Just got in from shutting Epcot down! Yes, the boy had a long enough nap to stay out late and party with his wife lol!

Tonights dinner plans didnt go as expected. For one thing he woke up wanting to go back to Epcot..I'm sorry hon, do you feel ok? You do know its Friday night and the weekenders are moving in, Epcot will be insane. Yes he knew but wanted to go anyways...he tried to butter me up with more nighttime photopass pictures...I was hooked, line and sinker!

Problem was we had dinner reservations at Capt Grill. He didnt want that, he wanted to eat in the countries again. Oy, this is going to be a challenge!

Lucky us, the boat was waiting as we left the YC. It was cloudy and super breezy but no rain. Do you have any idea how hard it is to take PP pictures with you hair blowing all over? At MK today the PP CM took a few pics as I am fighting my hair and the last one he took was perfect, except my eyes were closed!

As we entered a very busy Epcot I hear

Todd: I think I made a mistake, we are not going to walk into any place tonight are we?

Me: Should have listened when I told you that an hour ago

Todd: What do we know is always available?

Me: Morocco and China. I've always wanted to try Morocco, lets start there

Todd: Nah, China is better, they have that tea you like

I guess we are going to China :rolleyes1

The lobby was empty when we got there but the restaurant was loaded. Someone must have wore his NO RESERVATION halo today because they told him we could be seated now if that was ok...um yeah, its fine. I just have to deal with his gloating another night!

frinight004.jpg

frinight005.jpg

frinight006.jpg

frinight007.jpg

frinight008.jpg

frinight009.jpg

frinight010.jpg

We had the best server, Chou Hon, he was so attentive, friendly and very helpful. Both of us had the blackberry jasmine ice tea and Chou Hon never let our glasses get empty, it is delicious!

frinight011.jpg

frinight012.jpg

frinight013.jpg

Todd had the hot and sour soup but didnt care of it that much because it was loaded with cilantro.

frinight014.jpg

I had the sweet and sour cucumbers. These were nuts and in a good way! Very tender but still had a crunch to them, sweet and sour and a bit of heat and the red sauce you see is pureed strawberry, OMG that is the wildest combination but in a very good way. We both loved these

frinight015.jpg

The couple on the side of us were on their honeymoon and they were from Boston, my home town, and since we were basically sitting together as the tables are so close, we chatted the entire meal. The husband ordered this dish and let me take a picture of it...two bowls of noodles, little bowls of veggies and a bowl of minced chicken and you create your own flavors

frinight017.jpg

Ok back to our meals. Todd had the honey chicken and rice. He loved this and could not finish it all. He said it was very tender chicken, the batter was crispy and hot and the honey was perfect. We both enjoyed the little dish of the thinly sliced cucumbers, they were nice and salty

frinight018.jpg

I had the pepper beef. I didnt want rice so I asked our server if I could have extra peppers and onions. He said I could have noodles and I told him no, I do not eat those either and went to check with the chef...oy, not again. Have no fear, he came right back out and told me I could have more peppers and onions of they could make me broccoli...YES! I would love that! And its cheaper than Japan, China charged me just $1 :rotfl:

My meal was heaven on a plate! I love the veggies, they were cooked perfectly for me. The beef was terrific! Super tender, lots of flavor and just enough sauce. Todd was shocked by how wonderful it was and he helped me finish it, could not waste beef that good

frinight019.jpg

Both of us were full and we decided to grab coffee and take in the last concert time for Sister Hazel, it wasnt that full and we had alot of fun. The countries were loaded with people drinking and having a great time, nothing crazy and outrageous, just a lot of people period. The only thing that I saw that was and ewwww moment was on the way to the ladies room in America there was an guy and his family drinking at an outside table when he "lost" all the beer he drank...right as I walk by. :headache: I never saw a CM with sawdust appear out of nowhere like that :rolleyes: I guess this happens alot on the weekends :rotfl:

Lol I'm at the BC right now and got a cupcake from BW Bakery earlier too, I got the Oreo one and it was pretty good.

We also shut down Epcot tonight, it sure was busy but had a great atmosphere. Shame about the gross beer man lol

Your Le Cellier and Nine Dragons dinners look great!

While we were strolling through Epcot we talked about our last full day and what we should do

Me: Any clue what you want to do tomorrow?

Todd: I think a pool day is out because it looks like rain

Me: Epcot is out, its Saturday, too many locals

Todd: How about we sleep?

Me: You can sleep, I'll go out

Todd: And snack without me, never! Whats for dinner?

Me: Yachtsman, you made me cancel it the other night so I moved it

Todd: I dont feel like another big steak meal

:sad: I really wanted to eat there and I told him so

Todd: But arent we coming back with Kathy and the family and celebrating Mark's big birthday there

:santa: YES! He does listen when I tell him things

Me: How about HS, we didnt get there yet and they open at 8am tomorrow

Todd: What are we going to do that early?

Me: Eat cupcakes?

Todd: OK! But wait, what about dinner?

Always thinking of food :rotfl: I called WDW to cancel my Yachtsman and the woman told me I was fine, no $ penalty. As far as where we are going tomorrow night I have no clue. Maybe Il Mulino, Capt Grill or Bluezoo as they all have openings.

On the way back from Epcot we stopped at the BC to look at our PP pictures but they were too busy so we popped into the CS there. Todd wanted gelato only to find out they no longer sell it.

frinight020.jpg

frinight021.jpg

frinight023.jpg

frinight024.jpg

frinight025.jpg

frinight026.jpg

frinight027.jpg

frinight028.jpg

frinight029.jpg

You two are adorable! Favorite DIS couple!:)

Ew about the vomitting!! Was he drunk or just sick from something??

I had to laugh at your table neighbor's shirt at Nine Dragons!

You give that man of ours a big fat kiss from me and tell him I'm so happy he remembered where we are having dinner for Mark's surprise 60th birthday. I knew all along he paid attention. ;) And, what's with the "shadow"...are we preparing for the slightly chillier weather with the beard?

Dinner doesn't look too bad at the Chinese place; we've never been, would you recommend it for our August trip.

You guys look great.

Lol I'm at the BC right now and got a cupcake from BW Bakery earlier too, I got the Oreo one and it was pretty good.

We also shut down Epcot tonight, it sure was busy but had a great atmosphere. Shame about the gross beer man lol

Your Le Cellier and Nine Dragons dinners look great!

Might have walked back to the resort with you tonight ;) Both meals were excellent!

You two are adorable! Favorite DIS couple!:)

Ew about the vomitting!! Was he drunk or just sick from something??

I had to laugh at your table neighbor's shirt at Nine Dragons!

Thank you Rachel! Judging by the number of empty beer 22 oz glasses on the table I dont think he was sick lol! I have seen alot of people wearing those shirts on this trip

You give that man of ours a big fat kiss from me and tell him I'm so happy he remembered where we are having dinner for Mark's surprise 60th birthday. I knew all along he paid attention. ;) And, what's with the "shadow"...are we preparing for the slightly chillier weather with the beard?

Dinner doesn't look too bad at the Chinese place; we've never been, would you recommend it for our August trip.

You guys look great.

I strongly recommend Nine Dragons, we have been there twice with wonderful meals. And thanks, we clean up nice

Todd rules for vacation

1. I need a nap

2. Do not wake me from any nap unless we are in danger of missing dinner

3. I will snack whenever I want to

4. I must sleep in at least one day

5. I will not shave my face at all, I will keep my neck smooth but that is it

He will not give on the shaving thing...I think he was planning on keeping the facial hair, after cleaning it up a bit, until I told him he looks like Santa because some parts are coming in white.

His response? Thats my fault because being married to me is aging him. :p

I strongly recommend Nine Dragons, we have been there twice with wonderful meals. And thanks, we clean up nice

Todd rules for vacation

1. I need a nap

2. Do not wake me from any nap unless we are in danger of missing dinner

3. I will snack whenever I want to

4. I must sleep in at least one day

5. I will not shave my face at all, I will keep my neck smooth but that is it

He will not give on the shaving thing...I think he was planning on keeping the facial hair, after cleaning it up a bit, until I told him he looks like Santa because some parts are coming in white.

His response? Thats my fault because being married to me is aging him. :p

Tell him that his hair will be white after doing Disney with you and me and there will be NO napping.

I'll put Nine Dragons on the list.

Night night, sis.

Where do I start?!

Le Cellier? Todd must have a guy on the inside or some kind of Jedi mind control! The food there looks out of this world.

Cupcakes? Oh, Disney, thou cupcakes art as delicious as a sip of Oberon's ambrosia!

Pumpkin funnel cake? Hello, gorgeous, where have you been all my life ;)

Nine Dragons? Meh, I'm not a big Asian food fan, but it did look pretty good. :)

I think I'm going to go bakery hopping down there in April :D

Loving it as always!

The food from Nine Dragons sure looks yummy! Never been but might need to SOMEDAY! Probably without the DH though as I can't convince him that Chinese food is good. Silly Guy! I can't believe you got a walk up at LeCellier. By the end of your trip he's going to think he's the king of walk ups! He must ooze charming!!!!!!!! :) I was looking forward to your Yachtsman review. We've got an adr for December and I hope it lives up to our expectations!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the remainder of the vacation...........how do they go so fast???

Good Morning Nckie So enjoying your report. Thanks for keeping us entertained all week. Do hope you have good weather for your last full day. Here in NC we are waiting to see what Sandy brings. I drove down to our beach house just to experience it as the only tropical storm I ever was in was when we lived in West Palm in the 80's. (also to get the furniture off the deck). Thinking of staying the rest of the weekend as they are not predicting it to be too bad in our neck of the woods. Sorry I wrote a novel but thanks again and ENJOY TODAY!!! Elaine:)

Your photo with the pumpkins and the castle at MK was awesome!! Todd's happy eclair face is cute!

Nine Dragons is never on our radar but your meal looks great so I should probably consider it some time. I wonder if the strawberry sauce on your sweet/sour cucumbers app says something in Chinese?? Perhaps it says "these are really pickles!" That's cool that you were able to chat with folks from your hometown. :)

I hope you enjoy your last day or so there!

Nicki I never realized you were from Boston! We live about 20 minutes north. We thought about moving to Florida but it was all a little much with a new baby.
My DH doesn't shave either also agrees with Todd on naps and will drink beer as soon as they serve if he wants to lol.
Every time I read your reviews I change my dining plans. Now I may need to add China

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter