Wait a minute, I'm 40, when did this happen? Nicki & Todd LIVE reviews! Completed!

Ok, darnit, I'm going back to the Contempo next week to get the apple cupcake...It looks super tasty. Shaking my head at Todd about the cinnamon roll. The Nutella lid story reminds me of my trip to the grocery store the other day when the clerk made sure to tell me that a bag of popcorn I had previously bought was recalled. Told him I had already eaten it and he said, "well, I guess you didn't die then." Nice. :)

Jill in CO

Dinner was not my pick, it was Todd's, Teppen Edo. He loves hibachi and requested it, even though they do not serve the same stuff as our local place and is much more expensive and do not take the TIW I booked it anyways.

On the way in we needed to try a new beer, Purple Haze. I didnt like the Purple Haze but he did, we both agree Berry Weiss is better

mknight005.jpg

mknight004.jpg

mknight006.jpg

Over to Teppen Edo and we were seated right away. Here is the menu, dont see one online anywhere

mknight008.jpg

mknight009.jpg

mknight010.jpg

mknight011.jpg

mknight012.jpg

mknight013.jpg

mknight014.jpg

mknight018.jpg

We both had ice green tea and normally we really enjoy this but these tasted like plain water

mknight020.jpg

We each had a salad, one with ginger dressing which DH liked and I didnt and one with creamy sesame that tasted like peanut sauce and again DH liked it and I didnt. So guess who ate both salads?

mknight021.jpg

mknight022.jpg

The sauces from top to bottom are yummy yummy sauce (a creamy garlicky sauce for fish), spicy mustard and ginger. I didnt like any of them but Todd liked the mustard.

mknight023.jpg

mknight028.jpg

mknight032.jpg

mknight035.jpg

I had the shrimp and asked for no rice or noodles but please give me extra veggies. They said no. I asked if they had broccoli, they said yes. I asked if I could have that. They said no. I was getting frustrated, Todd said if we pay for the broccoli can I have it, they had to check with the manager and they said yes, for $2 I can have it. FINE, all I wanted was some freakin veggies!

mknight036.jpg

mknight037.jpg

mknight041.jpg

My veggies were great but they do not use any butter here and I really missed the garlic butter my hibachi place uses. The shrimp were great, cooked perfectly. I gave the mushrooms to DH because they were just too mushy

Todd had the chicken and shrimp. He ignored the plain rice, said the noodles were ok but he loved his veggies and the rest of his meal

mknight039.jpg

mknight042.jpg

The food was good, the show was fun and he enjoyed it so that was all that mattered...it was his only pick, or was it?

So the question is: are we keeping this for our trip together in December? I don't understand why Disney doesn't serve mor veggies (personally, I don't care for them, but I know a lof people do).

After dinner I ran the poor boy ragged as I was in search of Photopass people so I can get some pictures taken...hey, this 40th birthday is going down in history! I look younger now then I did 5 years ago and I want everyone to know it :lmao:

Todd: Nic, slow down, you are too fast for me!

Yes, I have a habit of bobbing and weaving in and out of people and crowds when I am on a mission!

What stopped me dead in my tracks was the Pointer Sisters were just starting and I loved them as a kid so we had to see them. I was singing my little head off and all the people around me were too...it was awesome! So much better than Hanson was last night

After the concert I was thristy so we stopped in Italy for my favorite drink, Rosa Regale and a bite of dark chocolate. Todd didnt want any, he had other items in mind. More for me!

mknight043.jpg

Did you know Germany is right next to Italy? That means the caramel is so close!

mknight045.jpg

mknight047.jpg

mknight046.jpg

mknight048.jpg

He had the chocolate and caramel covered pretzel, very fresh and he said it was excellent!

mknight049.jpg

On his way out of the countries he had the med size of Berry Weiss and quickly drained it..told him he should have ordered the big one but he never listens to me!

mknight050.jpg

As we were leaving the park I saw a PP person in from of the fountain in front of Spaceship earth. He was just standing there doing nothing so I asked if he could take our picture. He said, " I guess"

Well I guess he couldnt because he took one picture...thats it just one! He tried to give me the card back but I said oh no, you need to take more than that. The lazy bones took 1 more and when I checked them tonight they are both out of focus and blurry!

ARRRGGGG! Do you know how hard it is to get my husband to take pictures and they have to come out fuzzy! Oh well there is always another day and night!

On the bus ride back to the POFQ I told him this could be our last bus ride of the trip

Todd: Why, are you planning on driving from now on?

Me: No, we are going to the YC tomorrow

Todd: Oh yeah, we can sleep in then right?

Me: Now why would you think that?

Todd: Because we cannot check in at the YC at the crack of dawn nutcase (that is his pet name for me)

Me: But I have breakfast at Olivias and then I thought Bell Services can hold our luggage and we can go back to Epcot...(more rambling and babbling)

Todd: (Puts his fingers on my mouth to shut me up) If you let me sleep in I will not need a nap in the afternoon

Me: Do you think I was born yesterday?

Todd: Can you at least cancel breakfast because if we eat big in the am we cannot snack when we get to Epcot

Me: Ok fine, you win

Todd: Who are you kidding? I have never won with you ever

Me: But you won me

Todd: You are a real prize thats for sure

Did anyone ride that bus back to POFQ and see a man having a coughing fit from a sharp elbow to the gut? :rolleyes1

So I caved, yes we are sleeping in, yes I cancelled Olivia's. The plan is to sleep in, have breakfast in the resort, pack the car and drive to YC, hopefully get a room and drop our stuff and speedwalk to Epcot for more F&W loving!

Thank you! I've been hoping to see a detailed review of that spiced apple cupcake, and oh boy did yours deliver. I wish I could fly down to Orlando right now to taste it. :laughing: Too bad it took some disappointments at MK's Bakery and Sleepy Hollow until you finally tasted something enjoyable.

I'm glad to see that Babycakes still has the french toastie cupcake! It was great. :thumbsup2

That cupcake, oh boy you would love that cupcake! I think you should come down to try it...then I get to read your reviews again!

Bongo's looks great! It's definitely going on my list (but I'll save it for when I'm old enough to order a mojito :laughing:).

It was a wonderful meal...how soon until you can have the rum ;)

Woah, what a bad start to the day in MK! I'm shocked by the apathy at Sleepy Hollow...why yes, we left part of a LID in your $6 WAFFLE, would you like to finish eating it? Adds some zinc to your blood! I mean really?! That waffle was number one on a list of things I wanted to try that I never got to this time, now I'm not so intrigued anymore! Sheesh!

But ohhhhh that cupcake looks like such an excellent pay-off. What a great combination of flavors!!

Oh yeah, I was p'od to say the least! I was lucky I bit on the metal instead of having it cut my mouth or gums...but I did taste metal for a while and that stunk! So sorry I missed you guys this trip, maybe next time!

I would have been hightailing it to the front of the park and guest relations immediatey about the issue with the waffle. There is no excuse for that at all.

Toddleduck, when are you going to learn about that darn cinammon roll? :lmao::lmao:
ues

I was close to doing that but Todd, Mr. Calm, Cool and Collected, told me to let it go. If it was more serious I would have been all up in it!

Maybe you can stop him from ordering it this Dec?

Ok, darnit, I'm going back to the Contempo next week to get the apple cupcake...It looks super tasty. Shaking my head at Todd about the cinnamon roll. The Nutella lid story reminds me of my trip to the grocery store the other day when the clerk made sure to tell me that a bag of popcorn I had previously bought was recalled. Told him I had already eaten it and he said, "well, I guess you didn't die then." Nice. :)

Jill in CO

Jill, get two! They are wondeful! What a jerk! I hate it when people think they are funny but you want to knock some sense into them!

So the question is: are we keeping this for our trip together in December? I don't understand why Disney doesn't serve mor veggies (personally, I don't care for them, but I know a lof people do).

Yes we are...the food is very good and everyone will be happy....just bring an extra $2 for my broccoli ;)

So sorry you have had problems getting the food to cooperate today! Everything looks good! You have definitely sealed the deal on the cupcake for me! I was pretty sure I would get it, but now am positive! Will have to run back there...we have a CM ressie but it's 7:15 am...not carrying it around all day. Maybe after MK one afternoon?

Dinner was not my pick, it was Todd's, Teppen Edo. He loves hibachi and requested it, even though they do not serve the same stuff as our local place and is much more expensive and do not take the TIW I booked it anyways.

On the way in we needed to try a new beer, Purple Haze. I didnt like the Purple Haze but he did, we both agree Berry Weiss is better

mknight005.jpg

mknight004.jpg

mknight006.jpg

Over to Teppen Edo and we were seated right away. Here is the menu, dont see one online anywhere

mknight008.jpg

mknight009.jpg

mknight010.jpg

mknight011.jpg

mknight012.jpg

mknight013.jpg

mknight014.jpg

mknight018.jpg

We both had ice green tea and normally we really enjoy this but these tasted like plain water

mknight020.jpg

We each had a salad, one with ginger dressing which DH liked and I didnt and one with creamy sesame that tasted like peanut sauce and again DH liked it and I didnt. So guess who ate both salads?

mknight021.jpg

mknight022.jpg

The sauces from top to bottom are yummy yummy sauce (a creamy garlicky sauce for fish), spicy mustard and ginger. I didnt like any of them but Todd liked the mustard.

mknight023.jpg

mknight028.jpg

mknight032.jpg

mknight035.jpg

I had the shrimp and asked for no rice or noodles but please give me extra veggies. They said no. I asked if they had broccoli, they said yes. I asked if I could have that. They said no. I was getting frustrated, Todd said if we pay for the broccoli can I have it, they had to check with the manager and they said yes, for $2 I can have it. FINE, all I wanted was some freakin veggies!

mknight036.jpg

mknight037.jpg

mknight041.jpg

My veggies were great but they do not use any butter here and I really missed the garlic butter my hibachi place uses. The shrimp were great, cooked perfectly. I gave the mushrooms to DH because they were just too mushy. One thing that really bothered me was the place was freezing cold and my food turned to ice really quickly. Basically I had to speed eat it or eat it cold...either way is not fun

Todd had the chicken and shrimp. He ignored the plain rice, said the noodles were ok but he loved his veggies and the rest of his meal

mknight039.jpg

mknight042.jpg

The food was good, the show was fun and he enjoyed it so that was all that mattered...it was his only pick, or was it?

Where do you eat in town, Fujiyama or Daruma?

Hoping it's not that crowded there tomorrow as I'll be up tasting all the cocktails!
I've really enjoyed reading your reviews!

I am very disappointed in the reaction you got from the CM at Sleepy Hollow :sad2:

Sorry your breakfast attempts at MK were unsuccessful, but glad you had a wonderful cupcake from CR!!

scarlett haired brit here...i ve been lurking!!
wow, the experience of the lid is disgusting and the response is worse!!! (ps my fav bfast food is the cream cheese pretzels at Mk and they really cant mess those up!! lmao!!
cupcake looks awesome, ssadly they ll be gone when we return, tho we are going to do the monorail resorts for cupcakes with the kids one afternoon lmao (get the feeling we are looking for new challenges??;)
im gutted they wouldnt sub noodles for veg...honestly??? do veg cost that much in the US you cant sub them????

i too agree that wdw is contridictory, they go on about healthy eating and providing healthier snacks (im impressed by the jacket sweet potatoes and corn on the cob now) yet when u tried and make ur meal healthier they say no!!!!

keep going ohh and where is my BOG review!!

ps ur hubby has a french twin this side of the water... his reaction is so like my hubbys i can see whats coming!!!!

Sorry to read your Magic Kingdom morning breakfast was less than magical. What a bummer!!!!! Good thing the cupcake made up for it!!!!! We always enjoy Teppan Edo but I agree that I can get twice as much food at our local hibachi restaurant for lunch. It's Disney and to be expected I suppose. I know nothing about Bongos but that's not a surprise. My family are plain beef and chicken fans. They don't know what they're missing!!!!!!! Have a marvelous time at the YC!!!!! We were lucky enough and splurged this summer with BC conceirge. :cool1: It was wonderful and enjoyed by my husband and son (we usually stay at Pop). :) I have to say not traveling all over the place by bus is the best!!!!!! Have a great remainder of your trip!

We ate at Teppan Edo a few years ago and I was not that impressed as our local hibachi place is about 20 times better. Is it me or does that salad look like it came right out of a bag?

I am coming out of lurking to let you know that I love your reports! But more importantly you MUST try the grapefruit beer at the brewers collection booth by Germany. It is so light and refreshing. I think you will love it!

So sorry you have had problems getting the food to cooperate today! Everything looks good! You have definitely sealed the deal on the cupcake for me! I was pretty sure I would get it, but now am positive! Will have to run back there...we have a CM ressie but it's 7:15 am...not carrying it around all day. Maybe after MK one afternoon?

It def put a damper on the morning, thats for sure but the cupcake made up for it!

In about 7 months - now I just need to get a WDW trip on the calendar for summer 2013. :thumbsup2

Thats a good way to celebrate 21!

I'll bring an extra $4....I know how you love your broccoli. ;)

And make sure you give me your veggies because I know you dont like them ;)

Where do you eat in town, Fujiyama or Daruma?

Hoping it's not that crowded there tomorrow as I'll be up tasting all the cocktails!
I've really enjoyed reading your reviews!

Always Daruma, we do not like Fuji's at all. Epcot was great today, so glad you are enjoying the reviews

I am very disappointed in the reaction you got from the CM at Sleepy Hollow :sad2:

Sorry your breakfast attempts at MK were unsuccessful, but glad you had a wonderful cupcake from CR!!

You and me both! I hope to get to BWI Bakery soon and check out their cupcakes

scarlett haired brit here...i ve been lurking!!
wow, the experience of the lid is disgusting and the response is worse!!! (ps my fav bfast food is the cream cheese pretzels at Mk and they really cant mess those up!! lmao!!

I tried to get Todd to order one of those the other day but he doesnt like sweet pretzels...yet he will eat a chocolate covered one? :confused3

cupcake looks awesome, ssadly they ll be gone when we return, tho we are going to do the monorail resorts for cupcakes with the kids one afternoon lmao (get the feeling we are looking for new challenges??;)

It was excellent and so worth the trip over there

im gutted they wouldnt sub noodles for veg...honestly??? do veg cost that much in the US you cant sub them????

Yes this really bothered me too

i too agree that wdw is contridictory, they go on about healthy eating and providing healthier snacks (im impressed by the jacket sweet potatoes and corn on the cob now) yet when u tried and make ur meal healthier they say no!!!!

keep going ohh and where is my BOG review!!

ps ur hubby has a french twin this side of the water... his reaction is so like my hubbys i can see whats coming!!!!

BOG will be in Dec when we go back in just 6 weeks! I think there is alot of Todd in all of our husbands LOL!

Sorry to read your Magic Kingdom morning breakfast was less than magical. What a bummer!!!!! Good thing the cupcake made up for it!!!!! We always enjoy Teppan Edo but I agree that I can get twice as much food at our local hibachi restaurant for lunch. It's Disney and to be expected I suppose. I know nothing about Bongos but that's not a surprise. My family are plain beef and chicken fans. They don't know what they're missing!!!!!!! Have a marvelous time at the YC!!!!! We were lucky enough and splurged this summer with BC conceirge. :cool1: It was wonderful and enjoyed by my husband and son (we usually stay at Pop). :) I have to say not traveling all over the place by bus is the best!!!!!! Have a great remainder of your trip!

It was a total bummer! I knew I wasnt going to love Teppan Edo as much as our local place but DH enjoyed it. Bongos was incredible! THe YC is great so far and I love that I am done with buses!

We ate at Teppan Edo a few years ago and I was not that impressed as our local hibachi place is about 20 times better. Is it me or does that salad look like it came right out of a bag?

Thats how I feel every time we eat there. The lettuce was the saddest looking thing ever.

I am coming out of lurking to let you know that I love your reports! But more importantly you MUST try the grapefruit beer at the brewers collection booth by Germany. It is so light and refreshing. I think you will love it!

It is on my list trust me! I tried to get it today but they said it was warm and they will not serve it until it was at the correct temp. Will try again tonight

Ahoy from the Yacht Club! Wow do I ever love this place. Now dont get me wrong, I also love the POFQ but there is such a huge difference! THe linens are butter soft, the staff members are everywhere and so helpful. The room is huge and immaculate and the gift shop is crazy awesome, I see alot of clothes that I want in there, hmmm...Todd's sleeping, maybe I will just go down there and spend all his money :lmao:

I do like the food court and pool area better at POFQ, call me crazy but I do! Doesnt look like we will get any pool time because it is really gloomy and windy, rain tomorrow too. Great day for a park!

The ac works a million times better here than at the POFQ...it was so dry in that room, either too cold or too hot, no happy medium. The ac in the YC is perfect!

We arrived at 10am and I didnt expect the room to be ready, that was fine as we were going to Epcot anyways. They text me a little after 2pm that the room was ready. King bed, 2nd floor with a garden view...very nice!

On the way to the elevators I noticed a table with a large glass decanter full of ice water and lime and lemon slices...nice touch and it was so refreshing!

Thursday031.jpg

Thursday033.jpg

Thursday034.jpg

Thursday035.jpg

Thursday036.jpg

Thursday037.jpg

Thursday038.jpg

Thursday039.jpg

Thursday040.jpg

Despite the fact that I told Todd we could sleep in this morning we were both up at 7am. We hung out and watched tv for a bit then packed up the car and went to breakfast at the food court. It was a cloudy day, pretty humid too and the food court was packed.

When we walked in he said

Todd: Want to just go to Boma?

Me: Are you nuts, we have eating at the F&W to do today!

Todd: Sorry, I dont see the problem

But we didnt go to Boma, he was just kidding around, neither of us was that hungry to eat such a big meal :p

DH had OJ and coffee, I just had coffee. Long lines for everything but they moved quickly

At the oatmeal stand I asked if I could have a cup of berries...they gave me little containers of strawberries and raspberries. These were excellent! While in line for other food items it seemed like everyone was asking me where I got the fruit from...the poor guy behind the counter was getting mobbed with orders for just fruit :lmao:

Thursday001.jpg

Thursday003.jpg

Todd had a cinnamon bun that was under the heat lamp by the pancake station....better than the cold ones in the bakery area. He said it was warm and sticky and very good, exactly what he was looking for from the Main Street Bakery but didnt get. From now on he will get food court ones!

Thursday004.jpg

As if the sugar rush wasnt enough he had the french toast with bacon. Bacon was good he said, not rubbery and the french toast was ok, a bit limp but good

Thursday002.jpg

I had the same thing I had the other day, super creamy good scrambled eggs and sausages. I love this and could eat it all the time. The eggs look small but there is alot in there and DH had to help me finish them

Thursday005.jpg

We finished our coffee and away we went...to the Yacht Club and step on it!

After checking in at the YC we hopped the boat to Epcot, it was a little after 10am so we killed time at the Festival Center and as soon as the countries opened away we went!

Had to get some Voss water in Norway, I love this stuff...it was a super humid day so we bought 2 and drank them quickly. I tried to get pictures of the food cases but they were all wet from the condensation

Thursday006.jpg

Thursday007.jpg

Thursday008.jpg

Over to China, the F&W booth had pot stickers and DH loves them. He said they were very good and the sauce was a spicy sweet.

Thursday009.jpg

He then wanted more egg rolls, this time at Lotus Blossom Cafe, just pork and veggie though. He liked them but then again he never met an egg roll that he didnt like :rotfl2: I wanted the apple egg rolls but they no longer carry them :sad2:

Thursday013.jpg

Thursday010.jpg

Thursday011.jpg

Thursday012.jpg

Next stop, South Africa for spinach and paneer cheese pocket. This was huge! I didnt expect such a large serving and Todd doesnt eat spinach so I was on my own. This was excellent! I would def get this again, very creamy and a bit of a kick to it

Thursday014.jpg

Thursday015.jpg

I really wanted the grapefruit beer next but the CM said the beer was warm and they will not sell it until it was at the right temp so I have to wait on that. We skipped to the cheese booth and had the cheese fondue..YUCK! It was all beer and a hard little roll. Into the trash can you go

Thursday016.jpg

Thursday017.jpg

Zig zagging back to Germany for another amazing brat..the pretzel roll was ice cold...into the garbage you go! Say hi the fondue will ya

Thursday018.jpg

Poland for more Apple Vodka Frozen Ice Tea, YUM! More kielbasa and pierogi, DOUBLE YUM! Zapiekanki - toasted mushroom, caramelized onions and cheese with a spicy ketchup. Neither of us liked this, very greasy and the tons of ketchup killed it for us

Thursday020.jpg

Thursday021.jpg

Last stop on this eating train was Florida for the white corn Arepa with pork and cold corn salad. Todd loved the corn salad and the arepa while I liked the pork filling. The arepa was good but a bit greasy

Thursday022.jpg

Did I mention how warm and humid it was today? To kill time I asked what he wanted to do next

Me: Want to go hang around the BW?

Todd: Who are you kidding, you want to check out the cupcakes

Me: (Feigning surprise) No, I'm to full to give it a try. How about seeing a movie in China?

Todd: Can I sit?

Me: No. How about Canada?

Todd: Can I sit?

Me: No. How about France, you can sit there

Todd: Lead the way

I like the shows on the countries but man, France needs a complete makeover! It was close to two and our room wasnt ready yet.

Todd: I could go for the cave again

Me: You are still hungry?

Todd: Well what else do you want to do? You wanted to go back anyways

And that is how we made our return to Tutto Gusto! We walked in and the place was empty..within minutes it was slammed again

The placed us right in front of the food case, smart!

Thursday025.jpg

Thursday024.jpg

Shared a large bottle of Aqua Panna

Thursday023.jpg

Todd told me to order whatever, he had to go outside and take a call from work. First up, Olives! These are similar to the ones at Tutto Italia but they have red, brown and green ones, marinated in orange and lemon zest and very good olive oil

Thursday029.jpg

Cherry Tomatoes marinated in basil and olive oil...these were outstanding and just bursting with flavor

Thursday030.jpg

Eggplant capanata, oh dear Lord if this isnt the best thing I have ever had! Served chilled, it was loaded with roasted eggplant, celery, capers, onions, roasted red peppers, green olives and pine nuts. I was in heaven!

Thursday028.jpg

Lastly I picked a cheese that I cannot remember the name, starts with R. Super creamy, a cross between a goat cheese and brie. Do not eat it with the bread as you cannot taste the true flavor of the cheese. In fact we didnt eat any of the bread...well I take that back, Todd ate the bread from the tomatoes because it soaked up all the flavor

Thursday026.jpg

Thursday027.jpg

When Todd finally made it back to the table his eyes bugged out of his head

Todd: You ordered enough for an army! Who is going to eat all this?

Have no fear, we killed it! :lmao:

Another incredible experience! I wonder if we will get back here again? I sure hope so.

As we were waiting for the bill I received the text that our room was ready. THe plan was to hit the BWI Bakery beforehand but it was starting to rain so we just went back to the YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter