Wagons not allowed in WDW?

I asked the same question a few months ago and it was no. Disney is the only park I have ever been to since having kids that doesn't allow wagons! Our local Holiday World actually rents wagons for their park and it can be every bit as crowded as Disney. :confused3:

We purchased a Volo McClaren stroller for our trip instead. It holds a child up to 55 lbs. You can also rent strollers from Disney (can get very expensive) or an outside agency.

We noticed several people with rolling coolers during our trip 3 weeks ago. I was really surprised. I saw a couple families turned away by security with wagons.

Our local Holiday World actually rents wagons for their park and it can be every bit as crowded as Disney. :confused3:

I wish they'd stop. The wagons weren't a problem back when nobody went to HW, but every year it gets more and more crowded and the wagons are a tripping hazard. Fortunately, most people chose the ones you push in front of you instead of the ones you pull behind you.

What dimension is this WDW located in. It cannot be the one that I visit. I have never seen a drag behind wagon or cooler ever at any of the parks. I have seen an occasional suitcase and even that bewildered me until I realized that they were being pulled by CM's (job related, I think).

If Security is allowing them through...I think the Lawyers would like to have a word with them real quick.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Never have seen/had issues with people using wagons, skateboards, heelies, suitacases, coolers, etc.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Never have seen/had issues with people using wagons, skateboards, heelies, suitacases, coolers, etc.

Is it possible the coolers might have come in on a stroller (not rolling?) so the bag check didn't realize it was a cooler of the rolling variety?

We got to MK early one morning and the van next to us was unloading a wagon, luckily one of the parking attendants saw and came over to let them know they were not allowed to bring it into the parks. I was going to say something becuase it would really stink to drag that thing on the boat and then be told to take it back to your car. The parking attendant said they get in trouble for not catching people but sometimes they slip through and then are turned away at the parks and all heck breaks loose.

I've been seeing more people using those as strollers, even around town. But I have only seen them *pushed*, not pulled, so other than how odd they look, I don't have a problem with them. They just look awkward for the parent!

Actually they are very easy to push. When DD were smaller and we would do to our local zoo I prefered it over my more expensive double.

Denise in MI

I asked the same question a few months ago and it was no. Disney is the only park I have ever been to since having kids that doesn't allow wagons! Our local Holiday World actually rents wagons for their park and it can be every bit as crowded as Disney. :confused3:

We purchased a Volo McClaren stroller for our trip instead. It holds a child up to 55 lbs. You can also rent strollers from Disney (can get very expensive) or an outside agency.

I wish they'd stop. The wagons weren't a problem back when nobody went to HW, but every year it gets more and more crowded and the wagons are a tripping hazard. Fortunately, most people chose the ones you push in front of you instead of the ones you pull behind you.

I completely agree about Holiday World. In fact, it's the park I was referencing earlier.

We gave up on the wagon about halfway through. By the time we got there, everyone had rented out the push wagons, so our only choice was a pull-behind. It got in the way of traffic flow, and I couldn't keep an eye on DD. Not a good option at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter