VWL use year & MB availability?

WDWguru

aka tivogirl, keeper of the live WDW webcams at ht
Just a quick question as we're considering adding on at VWL. We already own two BWV contracts and one VWL contract, all September use year. Couldn't get a guide on the phone today, so am hoping somebody here has the answers.

Anyone know if September use year is available at VWL? We're looking at 100-150 points.

Anyone know if they're doing the $10 magical beginnings at VWL? I've read multiple times the amounts for BCV, HH and Vero but no mention if this is offered at VWL as well.

Our other option is of course resale, which we've done before. With the buy back now so high and, if available, MB, it's only going to save us a few hundred bucks over buying direct, so we're looking into that first.

We just got back from Disney on Friday and did a 50 point add-on at VWL. Our use year is August and they were getting very close to selling out for August. They told us Magical Beginnings was for a minimum of 100 points at BCV and VWL.

OHHHHHH NOOOOOO!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Littlestar I wish I hadn't read your post! I got back 1/31 and called my guide on 2/3 and she told me August was almost sold out and she expected it to be gone by the end of that week! She gave me the 100 point MB speech, which I decided against, but then I was thinking maybe I should just do 50 points without MB instead...Oh man....now I've got that add-on itch again!:(

We were going to add-on VWL and were told the MB was $5 per pt. June use year, if that makes a difference.

Anniet,

Disney had to check just to make sure we could still add the 50. Seems like they said around 300 or so left for August if I understood our guide correctly.

Kim, I also have a September use year, and it is sold out at VWL. I was on the waitlist for only a couple of months and was just called last week that my name came up. We did not buy.The timing was not good because my husband recently had back surgery, and we just bought an addon at BWVs after being on BWV's waitlist for almost a year. Have your guide put you on the waitlist asap. Your name may come up before the MB is gone.

Thanks for all your help! Becky, do you have any idea how many points were available to you? I'm a little worried as we're wanting 150, although we'd live with 100 right now.

No, Kim I did not ask since we could not buy. I think the BWVs had two contracts of 40 and 100. We only bought 50 because we have 175 at BWV, now 225, 130 at VWL, and 110 at HH. Wish we could have bought another 50 at VWL. Did you read the posts from a member about resales? According to the poster, a guide said that Disney is buying a lot of resales. If this is true, it is only a matter of time before your name would come up. Some on the list before you may not be able to buy at this time.

Good news! We got a call back from our guide this morning and they DO have September use year available at VWL! She said they had 1000 points - so either something opened up or they've bought a LOT of resales back in the last few weeks.

I just told DH to give her the yes and our paperwork should be on the way! Woohoo!! That'll make 300 VWL and 400 BWV -- I'm a happy camper! :teeth:

We just did an add on at VWL on 2/15 150 points with a September use year. I am not sure how many points are still
available in September.
Hope this helps.

Irene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter