VWL Trip Report

BuzzandWoody

Driving with my Doom Buggy
Went for 2 nights. 1st time in a studio there.
I LOVE VWL!!!

We arrived at about noon. We requested non smoking. A smoking room was avail. I looked at the map for location and thought oh well it's mid way second floor. that'll do.

We just wanted to get our stuff to room and head out.

Room did not smell too bad! Dh said it was okay. Then I noticed it was HA. I am not hanicapped and thought oh well the shower is nicely tiled. This will do!
and it did. The water splashed on floor. No big deal. No counter space. No big deal. (although I did whine a few times:teeth: )
VWL is our home and although I love OKW the studio at OKW just seems cramped and this was nice to have the room during the day.

The 2nd and 3rd day the smell of smoke was VERY noticable!

The view was NOT of the lake too. Not bad by any means.

I like the way you have privacy with the patios at OKW. No two are directly right next to each other.

My big complaint was with the Electic Water Parade. :mad:
We decided since kids were tired to go back to the room instead of Illuminations. Big mistake, but maybe not.

I got the Cr@p bitten out of me by bugs!!!

And the parade was so short! NOT was it was last time we were there. To top it off a boat got right in the way. DH screamed at them to no avail.

I have read that maybe parts of it were damaged with the hurricanes. I will not take the extra effort to see that again.

Anyone ever notice the gator they place on the beach at night. Or was that real:earseek: :earseek:

My 8 year old can't stop talking about it.

BWV in Dec, then back to OKW.

Oh I almost forgot MNSSHP It was the best!!!!

We will be there next year. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Leaving the kids at G'moms for one night and do the F&W festival too. Wish we could have spent more time!!!

Des

We too fell in love with WL in September. Although, we loved the Water Pageant.

I'm very curious about that alligator, though! It wouldn't surprise me to find out that it was real!

Hi,

Thanks for the report!!! Glad you had a great time!!!

Allison

Sounds great except for the fact it was a smoking room. The fact that the smell comes back will make me think twice about ever accepting one (unless I have to).

HBC

Well I now realize it was a real gator. It was huge. And not because I am not used to seeing gators!! Which was the reply I got. "you're just not used to seeing them"

I called the Lodge and asked if it was real. No fake one's on the beach. It was real. It was REAL close.
I just wanted them to know that we saw it and it wasn't afraid of us.

The gal asked, why would you think it was fake.

Uhmm, at Disney, at the Lodge. Fake Geyser. fake moose prints.
The shear size of it, it couldn't possibly be real!
The laugh is on us!

:eek:

I enjoyed your trip report, esp the leaping from topic to topic:teeth: Did you see the big gator at night? :eek: :earseek: I wouldn't have loved that, no sireee

Glad you had fun, sorry for the smoky room though!

Lisa:sunny:

Yikes! :eek: We'll be sure to stay off the beach at night....and I always thought that would be a great place to watch the water pageant! LOL

And to think that as we were riding the boat to Ft. Wilderness, I looked over to the WL beach and said to my DH, "Remember the time we were here and the girls made that alligator out of sand on the beach?" Yikes! Now there's a REAL one there!

Once upon a time, our sons wanted to try water skiing. We were on an extended family vacation and their DAunt paid for them to go out of the marina at FW. Well, about 1/2 through the lesson/rental, both boys seemed to be uncomfortable, and in the end rode on the tube. Apparently it dawned on both of them that there were probably alligators in the water, and they felt safer on the tube.

In October we were in MK for MNSSHP and by the River boat there was an alligator just staying in the water, this was by the boardwalk footpath. It didn't move other than bob it's head with the river current. DH went over to a CM, asked if it was real, and he said "Yes, they take it away but it always comes back." ;)

We WERE going to watch the EWP from the beach next week, now I'm not so sure.

We're only going to be at VWL for 1 night after the cruise, but we are so excited! 3 months in a row, we'll be at DVC!

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter