VWL Trip Report 5-31-2009

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by BWV Dreamin, Jun 6, 2009.

1. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

We arrived at VWL after being on the cruiseline bus for 2 hours! (Six stops along the way plus waiting for cruisers to board!) I will answer any cruise questions later, but don't want to comment till Blossom has gotten on board! Here is a pic of me with Cruisin Mickey!

[​IMG]

At 11:00a our room was not ready, but they had one available (not meeting any of our requests), so I denied it and said we would wait. So glad we did, it was an awesome room with a great view. It looked to have been newly refurbbed with a new mini fridge, new microwave, Corian counters, new carpet and beadspread. I especially like the little coffee table by the sofa (sure wish BWV had these!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Our view from 3543 studio;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crowds were light at the resort, we hardly saw anyone around our hallway, elevators were really fast! The quiet pools was heavenly most of the time, and the resort as a whole was very manecured with topiary, mulching, etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed the beach area as there was always a constant breeze and was very relaxing looking over the lake. At night, a musical light boat show happens around 9:30p and last for about 15 mins. Here are some more shots from around the resort;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course, I had to look for my groupie gathering chairs at VWL and BWV....lots of chairs available for our coffee and converstations...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We took the boat across to the contemporary, and got a few pics of BLT. We also toured inside the Contemporary (4th floor), and rode the monorail. I am not so sure I am going to like BLT, I’ll have to wait until I actually stay inside the DVC resort.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We did the Fort Wilderness Segway tour, and that was really fun. Here we are;
    [​IMG]

We only stayed 3 nights, but totally enjoyed this stay. We will be returning as it is now my DH’s fav resort (gasp!) over BWV!

4. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Gorgeous pictures! VWL is my favorite of all of the DVC's, even though I sometimes think AKV is vying for the position!

I also enjoyed the FW Segway tour. Last year, I did it with some friends!

Did you enjoy the cruise? We were a week ahead of you, and had a great time, booked another all family 3 nighter, only 17 months to wait for that one:rotfl:

Bobbi:goodvibes

5. KeepSwimmingDory

KeepSwimmingDory DIS Veteran

Great report! :thumbsup2 Beautiful pictures. I would love to do the Segway tour at FW.

What a peaceful view on the beach and of course I'd love to sit and rock in those chairs on the porch or lobby anytime!. :lovestruc

Glad you had such an awesome time and hope to hear about the cruise later.

6. DizDays

DizDays DVC & D23 Member

Thanks for sharing! The pictures are fabulous. It makes me want to try VWL!

7. Muushka

Muushka <font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped

Lots of great pictures :love:. Can't wait to hear about Captain Mickey!:yay:

8. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

WE all KNEW you'd love VWL!!! How could you not?! I cannot wait to go back there again!!:rolleyes1 DH loved it enough too that I might be able to talk him into a repeat visit before we finish trying the rest of the DVC's...hummmmm....something to think about!:rolleyes:

What about the cruise? Did you love that too? It was too short, wasn't it?? Did u rebook for another one while you were onboard?!?!

9. DiznyDi

DiznyDi If you remember, we are the rural folks

Thanks for sharing! I've enjoyed looking at your pictures. We're on dial-up and it's taken a l-o-n-g time to pull these in, but so worth it!

10. Corinne

Corinne DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Great TR and photos, BWV Dreamin! Love the one with you and Cruisin' Mickey! The Lodge is a great place, glad you enjoyed it. :)

11. GILL-WDW

GILL-WDW Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about the cruise... We are doing the same thing in 9 days. Cruise then on to VWL. WOW... 2 hours on the bus.

12. suzycute

suzycute DIS Veteran

Your pics are great! - I have never been to VWL but you have tempted me to have a look round when we go to WDW in September. Thanks for sharing your report :thumbsup2

13. DVC Mike

DVC Mike DVC & Photography for me! BLT/VGF/BWV DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Glad you enjoyed VWL! Too bad the cruise wasn't as enjoyable.

14. BigEeyore

BigEeyore DIS Veteran

Thanks for thr TR! Great pics! Look forward to hearing about your cruise too!

15. TammyNC

TammyNC <font color=red>WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team</font>

Enjoying reading your VWL stay report and loved the pics. Can't wait to hear how your cruise went.

16. IAMaGR8DISMOM

IAMaGR8DISMOM If I pay for Disney can we do whatever I want?

What is the minimum age requirement to do the FW Segway tour?

Thanks

17. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

16 yrs old and less than 250 lbs.

18. Kelblum

Kelblum DIS Veteran

Thanks for your post!! We are going in Oct/Nov and have never stayed there before and are SOOOO excited now!!! Thanks!:worship: