VWL Housekeeping

tecodis

Mouseketeer
I recently stayed at VWL 1br villa under two separate, consecutive reservations. The first night was an AP rate and the following 4 nights were points. I was able to get the front desk block the room so I didn't have to move out after night one. Worked perfect. What didn't go as well was housekeeping.

Since I wasn't checking out on day 2 as their records probably showed, I left a note on the floor of the foyer. It notified housekeeping that we were not checking out and I just wanted T&T service and to be sure to leave toiletries and a new Kleenex box. We only had one set of toiletries (soap & shampoo) and no extra Kleenex box upon check-in. BTW, it seems this isn't the first time VWL has only supplied one set of toiletries upon arrival in a one bedroom. Never had that issue at any of the other DVC resorts one bedrooms.

Upon our return in the evening, the note was still on the floor and NOTHING had been done. The wet towels were still lumped in a pile, no trash had been emptied and not soap was left.

I wonder what the heck happened? Did they see the note and just walk out? Did they not understand the note? Did they not care? Did they get notice I wasn't checking out and just didn't bother entering (I have my doubts on that though)? I don't know.
:confused3

I didn't call anyone about it. It was too late and it wasn't really that big of a deal. It just seems the housekeeping service at VWL is the worst of the Disney resorts I've stayed at.

I recently stayed at VWL 1br villa under two separate, consecutive reservations. The first night was an AP rate and the following 4 nights were points. I was able to get the front desk block the room so I didn't have to move out after night one. Worked perfect. What didn't go as well was housekeeping.

Since I wasn't checking out on day 2 as their records probably showed, I left a note on the floor of the foyer. It notified housekeeping that we were not checking out and I just wanted T&T service and to be sure to leave toiletries and a new Kleenex box. We only had one set of toiletries (soap & shampoo) and no extra Kleenex box upon check-in. BTW, it seems this isn't the first time VWL has only supplied one set of toiletries upon arrival in a one bedroom. Never had that issue at any of the other DVC resorts one bedrooms.

Upon our return in the evening, the note was still on the floor and NOTHING had been done. The wet towels were still lumped in a pile, no trash had been emptied and not soap was left.

I wonder what the heck happened? Did they see the note and just walk out? Did they not understand the note? Did they not care? Did they get notice I wasn't checking out and just didn't bother entering (I have my doubts on that though)? I don't know.

I didn't call anyone about it. It was too late and it wasn't really that big of a deal. It just seems the housekeeping service at VWL is the worst of the Disney resorts I've stayed at.

My bet is they did not have you on the list for housekeeping since they blocked you to stay in the same room. You should have called the next day. How are they going to improve service if there are no reports?

Anytime I have stayed in a 1 bedroom there was only 1 set of toiletries.

One month ago we had a split stay between a 1BR at BWV and a 1BR at VWL. We only had one set of toiletries at both locations. We often stay in 1BR's and I don't recall that being unusual for the rooms that have 1 bath. :confused: For 1BR's that have 2 bathrooms then there have been toiletries in both.

I'd also guess that they did not have your room listed for service as I'm skeptical they would come in and do nothing.

All in all we have had great Mousekeeping at VWL. We have noticed we get shorted on toilet paper, etc. I doubt this fault of ind. mousekeepers but rather doing what they are told.

Is it possible that since they linked the reservations that your trash and towel day was on day 4? Did you eventually get T&T on another day?

Why did you expect T & T on the second day of your trip? If you had linked the reservations as you explained, the first morning was day 2. You weren't entitled to T & T that day.
We have always received one set of toiletries per bathroom. That too is correct.
Sorry you misunderstood and were disappointed.

Why did you expect T & T on the second day of your trip? If you had linked the reservations as you explained, the first morning was day 2. You weren't entitled to T & T that day.
We have always received one set of toiletries per bathroom. That too is correct.
Sorry you misunderstood and were disappointed.

I don't think an AP rate and a DVC points rate can be officially linked, only a DVC member discount. If they had to get new key cards on the second day, it was not officially linked and they should have got a full cleaning as a checkout. If they did not have to get new keys, then it was linked.

The only time I ever did it was at OKW. I had 5 nights on points then an AP rate for Friday night. I had them "note" both reservations that I wanted to stay in the same room. I had to get new keys on Friday morning and we did get a full cleaning on Friday.

I don't think an AP rate and a DVC points rate can be officially linked, only a DVC member discount. If they had to get new key cards on the second day, it was not officially linked and they should have got a full cleaning as a checkout. If they did not have to get new keys, then it was linked.

Correct - we had to get new cards on day two so I was expecting a full clean that day.

We got T&T service on day 4 of the DVC point reservation - not day 4 from original check-in.

Standad or not - it seems silly to have one bath soap for a room with a seperate shower and tub. I can't imagine that couldn't be afforded under the exisiting member dues!
:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!