VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, JT! We're actually in GA. But I LOVE Tennessee!I have directions to the WinnDixie from my guidebook. That's a great idea! I was also thinking about the food court. They have cold sandwiches and salads, don't they? We are so excited to go there!

Can't wait -- can't wait -- can't wait!:dance3:

Yes, Roaring Forks has wonderful salads, and cold sandwiches as well as I remember. Check out their menu.

Hi - We are not groupies yet, but are very excited to be planning to be there (fingers crossed!) 8/3-8/9. Can't wait to read everything in this thread & get up to speed on this resort.

That's funny!

Re the big touring groups -- would it have worked to go to another attraction, then backtrack after they were done? Or were there just too many of them? Trying to plan a strategy!

Oh -- Nicoal - thanks for the tip about the tickets on the room key. I think I'll make an effort to do this, if possible.

The groups were everywhere. I guess we could have avoided them sometimes by going to another attraction, but what is to say that another group wasn't at that attraction....oh well.

I believe in a couple months, you will have to have your tickets on your room key or the new wristband.

Thanks Liz!
BTW, Tues night is the big night:cool1:
sechem32, wfc4life and the jimmytammy family are headed to see Mary Poppins show in Durham!! Cant wait!!

Have a great time.

Hey Jimmy,
I've got a vacation planned. :cool1: Hooray. We snagged a last minute at Saratoga springs.
3/17-3/22.
A bit bittersweet as it will be the first one without the old guy but we're really looking forward to it.
Wish it was at the lodge but boy I can't wait to see the world.

OK, so after two long years, we're finally heading back to the world. Jeez, I need to hear some disney music. I know I'll be smiling at the first wdw sign.

So I'm posting a photo contest. (sorry guys, no prize here ;)) Post a picture of an "entrance".

It could be an entrance to the lodge, to the world itself, to a park, restaurant or any thing. Any thing that makes you say "Yeah, I'm here!!! :goodvibes)

DSCF0982.jpg

wlventrance.jpg

DSC_0536_zpsfd86fa8d.jpg

25229beachclub-med.jpg

DSCF0621.jpg

1st day at his new home.
IMG_0486.jpg

Dante has won DH's heart.
IMG_0537.jpg

Lovin' the snow!
IMG_0592.jpg

Hangin' with the family - 16 months old now.
IMG_1479.jpg

OK, so after two long years, we're finally heading back to the world. Jeez, I need to hear some disney music. I know I'll be smiling at the first wdw sign.

So I'm posting a photo contest. (sorry guys, no prize here ;)) Post a picture of an "entrance".

It could be an entrance to the lodge, to the world itself, to a park, restaurant or any thing. Any thing that makes you say "Yeah, I'm here!!! :goodvibes)

Eliza, so glad you are going back and just love your quote in your signature. :grouphug:

Oooh, I wanna play. I'm going to cheat a little as some of these are DBFs photos. You can click on the links to see larger sizes.

5D3_6922.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_7227.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_7446.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_7101.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

Animal Kindgom Lodge by Kathy_Ford, on Flickr

Have a great time.

Hey Jimmy,
I've got a vacation planned. :cool1: Hooray. We snagged a last minute at Saratoga springs.
3/17-3/22.
A bit bittersweet as it will be the first one without the old guy but we're really looking forward to it.
Wish it was at the lodge but boy I can't wait to see the world.

Yay! :cool1: So glad you booked a trip to the world. Will the boys be with you?

sechem32, wfc4life and the jimmytammy family have a fun time tonight!

twinmom108 that pup Dante is so cute. I want him. So badly.

Please post that handsome boy any time you can!

I love all the entrance pictures!

DSCF0982.jpg

wlventrance.jpg

DSC_0536_zpsfd86fa8d.jpg

25229beachclub-med.jpg

DSCF0621.jpg

Congrats on the upcoming trip! Great photos :)

Hi - We are not groupies yet, but are very excited to be planning to be there (fingers crossed!) 8/3-8/9. Can't wait to read everything in this thread & get up to speed on this resort.

:welcome:

But as we told someone a couple of pages back, once you post and have a love of the lodge, you are a groupie!!

If you have any questions, ask away, someone should be able to answer you.

Eliza, so glad you are going back and just love your quote in your signature. :grouphug:

Oooh, I wanna play. I'm going to cheat a little as some of these are DBFs photos. You can click on the links to see larger sizes.

5D3_6922.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_7227.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_7446.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_7101.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

Animal Kindgom Lodge by Kathy_Ford, on Flickr

Love your photos, Kathy. Makes me homesick for the "world". We don't get to go every year, so we often will go for a week or two like we just did in December. Luckily enough I am planning a trip to WDW in October for Food & Wine! This time instead of it being a Family or just me & DH trip, I'm going with a girlfriend who's never been to any Disney park ever. :cheer2: It's going to be so much fun seeing the parks through the eyes of a newbie!

Thanks for all the nice comments about our puppy. Dante is the proverbial PWC & quite the character. If you know anything about Corgis then you know... "Once you begin to train them, they'll have You trained in no time.":rotfl: He certainly is a joy to have. :love:

Love your photos, Kathy. Makes me homesick for the "world". We don't get to go every year, so we often will go for a week or two like we just did in December. Luckily enough I am planning a trip to WDW in October for Food & Wine! This time instead of it being a Family or just me & DH trip, I'm going with a girlfriend who's never been to any Disney park ever. :cheer2: It's going to be so much fun seeing the parks through the eyes of a newbie!

Thanks! But I can only take credit for one of them (the last one). HAHA. I think DBF takes a pretty nice shot! Biased? Probably. But I love to share them. hahaha

Thanks for all the nice comments about our puppy. Dante is the proverbial PWC & quite the character. If you know anything about Corgis then you know... "Once you begin to train them, they'll have You trained in no time.":rotfl: He certainly is a joy to have. :love:

Sharon -- HOW FUN to go to the World with a friend who has never been there! Wow! You'll have the thrill of seeing every wonderful thing through her first-time eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter