VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK groupies. I am just getting crazy now. As you know, I'm planning a vacation for June -- check in Sat and checkout the next Sat.

DH wants lots of relaxation and I want to do lots of stuff!

There were a few things I wanted to fit into the week and it wasn't working as smoothly as I would have liked.

I have a wacky idea! One of the things I really wanted to do was see the EL parade.

What if instead of arriving on Saturday, we arrive on Friday and stay one night at the Contemporary?!?! We could just bring in toothbrushes and clothes for overnight -- we could rest up after our drive and eat an early dinner, then WALK over to the MK for a couple of rides and the parade. I'm ordering our tickets from Undercover Tourist. Often there is no price difference for an extra ticket -- so I wouldn't feel bad using it on a half day.

Don't you think that would be cool? We could sleep in the next day, play around a little, then head over to the VWL! That would be Saturday. We could enjoy VWL that entire day, go to bed at a decent time, and be ready to hit Epcot on Sunday morning.

I'm sure it would set me back $300 or more, but it might be worth it! It would be so fun to surprise the kids by leaving a day earlier than expected. I also thing there are some 20 to 30% discounts on rooms right now. I called to inquire, but the lady said the systems were being "magically enhanced!" Too funny!

Hugs to all my groupies !! stopping by to say hello :wave2:.. Just booked a trip for October (so far away :rolleyes2) with a Bahama cruise at the end :hyper:. I don't know if I can wait 9 months so I also booked a trip for May ::yes:: shhhhhhhh.. hubby doesn't know yet...Heheheheee

miss you all

keliblue

Hugs to all my groupies !! stopping by to say hello :wave2:.. Just booked a trip for October (so far away :rolleyes2) with a Bahama cruise at the end :hyper:. I don't know if I can wait 9 months so I also booked a trip for May ::yes:: shhhhhhhh.. hubby doesn't know yet...Heheheheee

miss you all

keliblue

You sound like you operate the way I do!!!!!! Have fun planning!

bagsmom and blossomz
Thanks for the kind words, I was in a really dark spot yesterday, and just needed to vent. Lack of sleep can do some crazy things to your mind.

keliblue
Planning another trip is cool, esp. a secret one:goodvibes

bagsmom
Any extra time in WDW is a plus in my book, doesnt sound too off from what we do either.

bagsmom and blossomz
Thanks for the kind words, I was in a really dark spot yesterday, and just needed to vent. Lack of sleep can do some crazy things to your mind.

keliblue
Planning another trip is cool, esp. a secret one:goodvibes

bagsmom
Any extra time in WDW is a plus in my book, doesnt sound too off from what we do either.

Good morning Jimmy

I hope you had a good night last night. Rest and peace. You're a good man and a good friend.
You'll let us know if being the keeper of the thread is a job you're ready to give up, right?
I hope things will brighten up for you. Work will not be a burden. Jobs will be simpler than imagined.
And sleep is deep and rejuvenating. :hug:

JT you just vent all you want because you know I will before tax season is over. We are sitting here in the Galveston cruise terminal waiting to board the Disney Magic for a quick weekend cruise and then when I get back all you know what will happen. I had three clients call while we were driving down yesterday.
I hope all groupies are doing well.

And a very early happy birthday to WildernessDad since I will be out of Internet range on the 4th. I hope it is a great day for you.

JT you just vent all you want because you know I will before tax season is over. We are sitting here in the Galveston cruise terminal waiting to board the Disney Magic for a quick weekend cruise and then when I get back all you know what will happen. I had three clients call while we were driving down yesterday.
I hope all groupies are doing well.

And a very early happy birthday to WildernessDad since I will be out of Internet range on the 4th. I hope it is a great day for you.

Have a great cruise!

And Happy Birthday WildernessDad!!!

Where shall we eat???:goodvibes

I guess my point is as I sit here and reflect, God knew what He was doing as He allowed us the ability to buy into DVC, at least thats the way I view it. He knows our future, so I lean on Him, He knew where I would be in my life 10 yrs. after buying. If you would have asked me 10 yrs ago if I would be stressed, too busy to play golf, etc., or spend more time with friends and family, I would have said no way!

Jimmy...I understand completely and agree. Work environments in general seem to be substantially more stressful across the board than they were 20 or so years ago. I also agree with you 100% about utilizing DVC as an escape from the daily stress and am hoping to use it more than ever going forward for some trips for DW and I, even as we pull back on our park time.

As for stress at work? I always loved a sign my old boss used to have on his wall...

The floggings will continue until morale improves!
It has always stuck with me when I see how workplaces have changed over the years.

::yes::

:worried:

As for stress at work? I always loved a sign my old boss used to have on his wall...

The floggings will continue until morale improves!
It has always stuck with me when I see how workplaces have changed over the years.

::yes::

:worried:

This is so my company right now. Let's just say not a good time to work for a government contractor!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DLI !!!
I am so sorry I am late....work and school is devouring my soul I think !!! Jimmytammy.....completely understand....vent any time !!! I have a feeling many of us feel very similar.

Hope you had a GREAT day DLI !

vira5x-411-wdfront640.jpg

Folks
You are the best! Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words.
I think I am in a transitioning point in my career/our business that some tough choices need to be made, and if we head it in the wrong direction, it could begin the ending of it, and thats not my intent. Placing all your eggs in one basket is not smart, but in this case, I need too for some sanity/less stress. God has seen us this far, I know He wont let me down and will guide me in the way we need to go. He has provided the work behind us, my hope is He continues to provide the same in front of us.

Its just been a tough week, I know there will be more, but I so appreciate you folks allowing me a place to share my thoughts and you continue to support and lend an ear, sharing of yourselves. Its good to know there are others out there going through/gone through similar things that can relate. Its not good to go through life without sharing ups and downs. I like ups:thumbsup2, downs, not so much:(

103 days til our next WDW trip!! Now thats something to cheer about:banana::banana::banana:

Jimmy/Tammy -- I think the fact that you are able to articulate the stress is a great thing. That in itself will help you keep your sanity! That -- and Disney!

124 days till our trip!

OK -- I have decided I am going to do it!!!!!

Our original plan had us leaving home early on Saturday -- driving the 7 1/2 hrs. to Florida and arriving around 3 for check in at VWL.
We would have the evening to chill, but it wouldn't be that productive, since we'd be pooped from the day of driving and would need to get to bed early for a big day at Epcot on Sunday.

NEW SURPRISE PLAN!

My husband knows we will now be leaving early on Friday morning, but he doesn't know why or where we will go.

A few days before, we'll spring it on the kids that we get to leave a day sooner! That will be exciting. I will tease them unmercifully about the mystery destination!

In the car on Friday, I'll give out little paper clues -- "let's start our vacation off with a BANG!" "A short walk this evening would be MAGICAL." Stuff like that.

We will check into the Contemporary for that evening only! We will bring in just an overnight bag and maybe swimsuits. We can rest up and relax a while, then will just WALK RIGHT OVER to the Magic Kingdom for a few rides, the parade, and fireworks. The crowd calendar says the park will be a 5, so this should be a perfect time. We can walk back after.

The next day, we can go over to the Lodge as soon as we want, and will have the WHOLE DAY to get to know our wonderful home for the next week.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this! It's the icing on the cake!

The addition of the extra night will also take some of the planning pressure off for the next week. If we've already seen the fireworks from within the park, we can free up another night to have a more relaxed and less crowded time. OR if we did want to still be in the crowd at night, we could ride rides when everyone else is at the parade.

I cannot wait!:hyper::hyper::hyper::banana::banana::banana::hyper::hyper:

20 days until my first race event at WDW! I know it's only the 5K..but this is huge for me! Looking forward to wearing my Tinkerbell skirt and wings! :rotfl2:

Sounds like a great plan bagsmom---I would be excited too !!!!!

YOU GO BLOSSOMZ !!! I would love to do the 5K there one day !!!

20 days until my first race event at WDW! I know it's only the 5K..but this is huge for me! Looking forward to wearing my Tinkerbell skirt and wings! :rotfl2:

Wow -- running at WDW in a Tinkerbell costume -- you know, that might be wonderful enough to make all the sweating and huffing and puffing worth it!:)

I just noticed that the Tag Fairy has changed my tag.

He/she took away my 'semi-pixiedustless' and replaced it with 'I usually feel like I stepped in it'.

I didn't know they changed these :confused3.

Oh well, new year, new tag!:thumbsup2

You should feel honored to have a tag. I guess it shows that someone is reading your posts! :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter