VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I'm a "newbie" on here, so I certainly don't feel like I've earned the right to say "Welcome!" to anyone.;)

But I feel ok about saying HELLO!

I feel like this cyber-place is like a happy little hang-out where we like-minded Disney goobers can be ourselves without being judged!:rotfl:

I've started making a bunch of different lists and putting them in a folder. I sat my husband down the other night. Said I wanted to discuss something with him. When I whipped out my tentative spreadsheet showing our week at Disney in June, he looked at me like I'd grown another head!

At least you folks who are married to other Disney-philes know that your spouses understand you.

If I disappear from the board, you'll know that my DH has had me committed due to excessive Disney Joy!:banana:

I just enjoy coming on here and hearing from everyone!

OK Fellow Groupies are you ready for this
( I'm almost afraid to put in in print....because I just may jinx it :scared1:)

Fingers crossed!
We are doing something different this year
because I will be spending 3+ months down in St Pete FL
with my daughter (Just about a two hour drive to our Happy Place)
We will be taking several short trips to the World ::yes::
2,3,or 4 night stays, a couple with friends who will be visiting
and a couple with just the Big Guy and Me.

We did try this last year but because of a
series of unfortunate events
we needed to cancel almost all of them.
Up side almost all of these trips were
booked with a combination of banked and holding points.

Wish us luck :wizard:

:cool1: starting with a 6 day happy dance :cool1:
Jan 21 and 22 at our Beloved VVL
The big guy and I are stopping at Disney on our way down
to St Pete Beach

Feb 11-14 BWV with a friend from home

March 11-15 BLT with another good friend from home

March 31-April 2 BLT Easter weekend (No room at the Lodge)

April 16-19 with the Big Guy celebrating A Big # Birthday for me!

Then Family Vacation in December
Dec 8-13 at our Beloved VWL studio for DD and Me
will need to add 2 BR Dec 12-16 at the 7 month window for the rest of the family

God Willing and the Creek Don't Rise :flower3:

feb 11-14 bwv with a friend from home

march 11-15 blt with another good friend from home

march 31-april 2 blt easter weekend (no room at the lodge)

april 16-19 with the big guy celebrating a big # birthday for me!

Then family vacation in december
dec 8-13 at our beloved vwl studio for dd and me
will need to add 2 br dec 12-16 at the 7 month window for the rest of the family

god willing and the creek don't rise :flower3:

nice plans!!

teapot -- I'm jealous!!!!!

Excessive Disney Joy -- well, in my opinion, no -- of course there's no such thing. After the first time I took him, though, I think he is just afraid. I am determined to give him the Disney vacation that will turn him into "one of us!"

Then, after we win the lottery, maybe we can be DVC members~! Hee hee!~

You know, I'm a "newbie" on here, so I certainly don't feel like I've earned the right to say "Welcome!" to anyone.;)

I feel like this cyber-place is like a happy little hang-out where we like-minded Disney goobers can be ourselves without being judged!:rotfl:

I've started making a bunch of different lists and putting them in a folder. I sat my husband down the other night. Said I wanted to discuss something with him. When I whipped out my tentative spreadsheet showing our week at Disney in June, he looked at me like I'd grown another head!

At least you folks who are married to other Disney-philes know that your spouses understand you.

If I disappear from the board, you'll know that my DH has had me committed due to excessive Disney Joy!:banana:

teapot -- I'm jealous!!!!!

Excessive Disney Joy -- well, in my opinion, no -- of course there's no such thing. After the first time I took him, though, I think he is just afraid. I am determined to give him the Disney vacation that will turn him into "one of us!"

Then, after we win the lottery, maybe we can be DVC members~! Hee hee!~

OK, I don't know about everyone else (although I am sure most will agree with me) but you gave up the newbie name a while back as far a I am concerned. You can welcome up a storm as far as I am concerned.

I was pulled into Disney by my DH. He got hooked when he was stationed at Patrick AFB at Cocoa Beach and he took us early in our marriage, then we waited a few years and as you can see from my signature, we have been back alot. The December trips and the Sept birthday trip are the only ones he has not been with us on. He is used to my lists and folders, in fact he will sit in his chair most evenings during the planning stage and ask me what is confirmed so far. This afternoon, he asked me when I was making our September reservations in California!!!

Joining DVC was his idea. I was nervous as all getout, but we made it work and his gift to me was getting me enough contracts and then some to meet my point goal!!

( I'm almost afraid to put in in print....because it just may jinx it :scared1:)

Fingers crossed!

we need to cancel almost all of them.

to St Pete Beach

will need to add 2 BR Dec 12-16 at the 7 month window for the rest of the family

We will totally pray for that creek to run steady and not rise. So glad our December trips are so close. Mine is Dec 3-14, just me and Kati this time.

bagsmom
Once a groupie, always a groupie...this statement is roughly defined as someone who joins us is an immediate part of this family, therefore you are entitled to join in any and all discussion, well wishing, etc. And if you go away for a spell and come back later, you are still a groupie. Too this day, no one has been exspelled;)

see below post :thumbsup2

OK, I don't know about everyone else (although I am sure most will agree with me) but you gave up the newbie name a while back as far a I am concerned. You can welcome up a storm as far as I am concerned.

...snip

This :thumbsup2

( I'm almost afraid to put in in print....because it just may jinx it :scared1:)

Fingers crossed!

we need to cancel almost all of them.

to St Pete Beach

Oh my gosh TP, this is awesome! Best wishes for a wonderful spring and Dec at WDW!! I'm GREEN!

teapot
That sounds like a great plan! I say if the creek rises, raise the bridge, or better yet, get a :boat:

Happy Birthday Blossomz!!

Counting down here. About 19 days until OKW. Hoping the nice weather lasts. I would love 80 degrees since it is currently about 11 degrees in WI with a windchill dropping it lower than that. Everything is covered in ice from some nice freezing rain we had on Saturday night as well.

Have had a rough start to the new year. A co-worker committed suicide. I work in a small business run by a 2nd cousin of mine. Only 4 employees, the owner and the owner's Dad. The owner's Dad is the one who passed. So we have had a rough couple of weeks. Please keep us all in your prayers.

I've haven't been very active on the boards lately. Trying to avoid all the FP+ drama. LOL

Hope you are all doing well!
Prayers from someone in the same cold as you! It is 19 degrees in Menomonee Falls this morning. Brrrr.

to St Pete Beach

Hey, we will miss you at BLT by literally one day! Dynaguy and I will be there March 16 to 23 with our two oldest nieces on their college spring break. Yup, they want to spend spring break with their aunt and uncle. I think it has something to do with me paying for everything... :rotfl2: But Dynaguy and I will be there all alone at AKV March 12-15 so maybe we could still run into you!

Also will overlap you in Dec when we are there Dec 4-11. Looking forward to the annual Dec groupie meet again!

We will totally pray for that creek to run steady and not rise. So glad our December trips are so close. Mine is Dec 3-14, just me and Kati this time.

I'm starting to see a groupie pattern here.... Dec 8 to 11 seems to be an overlap so far for at least 3 of us.

So I'm doing better at getting back to the DIS boards about once each week but still not as regular as I once was. My life still consists of knee rehab and a lot of extra sleep from the pain pills. I fall asleep at the computer, watching tv, even eating breakfast with my yogurt container in hand. (insert sleeping person icon here)

I am counting down the number of therapy sessions I have left because I hate them so much. Today is number 5. I will be done by the end of this month unless my therapist asks me to come longer and convinces me that I should. When I was there on Monday she put me on a recumbant bike for the first time now that I have both knees replaced (the right one was 4 weeks ago on Monday.) I didn't think I could do it but once I got it around the first time, it got easier. Still killed me, but not as bad as when she pushes the knee to bend with her hands.

So my therapist suggested that if I wanted to treat myself I should buy a recumbant bike to use indoors at home. She said they were $300 or $400 if you went to some place like Play it Again Sam so I was surprised. I was thinking they'd cost more, like a treadmill (which I hate.) Dynaguy did all the research for us yesterday and we went to the locally owned bike shop to sit on the Schwinn 250. I like it! We could have saved a little money by buying it from a chain but the local guy volunteered to assemble it for free and deliver it if it doesn't fit in our Pacifica. $500 later, we own a brand new recumbant bike! Now we have to clear a spot in the house for it but I'm actually looking forward to getting it. I am supposed to use it to build strength one day and then work on flexibility the next. Sounds like a good all around program for my knees and the sales guy said it was a very typical model used quite a bit by people in knee rehab from knee replacement. That's me! My goal is still to be able to walk the WDW parks without needing a scooter or cane. I don't think I'll be quite there for our next trip in March but I am going to try. And now I will have no excuse at all not to exercise because I won't have to leave my house to do it.

Nicole - sorry I put the wrong name to my sympathies before. Sometimes I get on here to read when I don't have enough time, then I goof!

I was terrified on Space Mountain when I was 15. My, oldest who will be 13 on our vacation, wants to try it too -- I'm not thrilled about it, really. Either DH or I will go with him, for moral support -- which ever one of us goes with him, I imagine we will be feeling pretty yucky after! Just can't do that stuff like we used to! We went to a kid's version of a theme park for a b-day party -- after a few rides, we were literally lying down on adjacent park benches with our children watching over their poor, sick parents! WDW could be pretty funny this summer! (Dramamine!)

You are in WI, right? I have family there! I love the change of seasons that you guys have. We have seasons, too, but almost never any snow.

Maybe part of the reason I love WL so much is that feeling of being in the northlands! :)

I am in WI. Port Washington, on Lake Michigan. Looks like we will be even colder next week! Very cold temps coming.

Laughing at the thought of you all laying on the benches. I used to love Space Mountain and would ride multiple times, now I find it too rough. We'll see if he feels as brave once we get to WDW.

Prayers from someone in the same cold as you! It is 19 degrees in Menomonee Falls this morning. Brrrr.

Looks like next week we will really be cold! Hope your knee rehab continues to go well. Take care.

Thank you all again for the prayers. I can feel the support. I'm at work today, things are slowing getting to a new normal. I like my job but dread coming in now. At least my brother is here as well, that helps. He's a good brother :)

I'm starting to see a groupie pattern here.... Dec 8 to 11 seems to be an overlap so far for at least 3 of us.

We usually arrive on Nov 30 or Dec 1, but Kati and I decided to leave a little later and stay later in hopes of more overlap. She looks forward to seeing the Groupies that come for Dec. I do too!!!

We have a cruise for 12/7 and are eying the week before (12/1/12/6).

Maybe I'll finally get to meet 2Kats!

We have a cruise for 12/7 and are eying the week before (12/1/12/6).

Maybe I'll finally get to meet 2Kats!

Oh do it! Son and I will be there over that weekend in Dec, just a quick trip as i dare not take him from school for more than 2 days (bad mom ... lol.) I'd love to meet you and 2Kats! ... as well as anyone else who may be around.

Oh do it! Son and I will be there over that weekend in Dec, just a quick trip as i dare not take him from school for more than 2 days (bad mom ... lol.) I'd love to meet you and 2Kats! ... as well as anyone else who may be around.

Mighty tempting......the problem is that Mr Muush may be getting a new job and vacations will take a hit.

Fingers crossed that it works out. I would love to meet 'the Bug'!:goodvibes

haven't put in my reservations yet so if we get a concensus going, I'll join. Sid and Rizzo can't come due to school and they'd better be studying for finals!!

Inkmahm -- Gosh, being able to walk the parks must be really great motivation! PT is rough. I did a bunch for my shoulder this year. Great news about the bike! I have family near Milwaukee and they cycle a lot out in the rural areas surrounding. I walk a lot, but don't do much when it's cold and yucky. I have a treadmill, but hate it.

Hey, for our indoor training, maybe we could get a video of WDW and pretend that we are walking and biking through the park!

Good luck for your continued rehab. You can do it!:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter