VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hello Groupies :wave:

Well, we're back and survived. You know what was so weird to us? How much we enjoyed NOT going into the parks!

We had a great time in spite of the parks. The 3 girls with us were so good I started wondering if they were really 12, 12, and 14! Never complained. Never whined. Never asked for anything and always said thank you and smiled. Sheesh if I had known kids could be that good I may have had a few of my own! Mr Muush and I were the only ones to snag the 7 Dwarfs Train ride (early bird....) so we let the twins borrow our bands and they loved it. Thank you who ever told me to grab that first thing. Our Thanksgiving dinner for 11 worked out great. 2 villas with full kitchens next door to one another. One got really messy with prep and we just all scooted over to the clean one. Snap! Perfect!

Before everyone arrived we drove over to WL and looked for ourselves. I felt a little sick to my stomach. It looked like a missile testing zone. Ugh. I just hope that it all comes together when it is finished.

Granny, all that talk about the mixer? I brought it and left the beaters at home! So I bought mashed potatoes already mashed.

No Groupie meet yet, right? I hope it is a grand meet! Say, next year we'll be in FL on or around 12/8/17, just in case one is brewing.

DDad, (I think it was you), can I give you our secret Cape May for breakfast tip? If your reservation is the last one in the AM, (usually around 10-10:30, at least that is what it used to be), the place is nearly empty and the characters are looking to entertain. We've seen character tackle character! They are so bored they won't leave you alone! Great fun.

Have a great weekend Groupies.

I just popped in to check on you guys and look who I found Muushka!
We both seem to wander back at the same time :santa:

Hello Groupies :wave:
Hope all is well and that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving

It's December and I was thinking of guys
I'm sure many of you are heading down soon
?? Groupie Meet ??
We miss going to our Happy Place early in December
maybe next year.
We are heading down in January for a family vacation
It will be Joey's first visit to see Mickey
Yes I'm now a Grandmother it's the best!!! :goodvibes

J-O-Y (and Mr Teapot) MERRY CHRISTMAS! So glad you stopped by to say hello. We do need to co-ordinate our vacation schedules better - its been tooooooo long!

J-O-Y (and Mr Teapot) MERRY CHRISTMAS! So glad you stopped by to say hello. We do need to co-ordinate our vacation schedules better - its been tooooooo long!

Oh you're so right way toooo long !!!
We have so much to catch up on :santa:

Kathy...thanks for the reminder. Unfortunately I bought my AP several months ago and before the promotion. So only 12 months for me unless the CM that turns the voucher into a pass throws a little pixie dust my way. :)

Granny, i bought mine several months ago also, but when I got my card she told me that it would not expire until Dec 31 (I got it when we got here on Nov 30) and that I had 13 months. I told Kati we needed to come next December also. Just have to figure out how to justify that many trips in one year. I am here now, I come again in May, September after a cruise and we take another cruise in January. Wonder what my boss would say if I did take some more time in Dec 17????

That would be sweet! Hopefully the CM who activates it is aware of this! Thanks, Kathy. :)

I think a CM would have to purposely change the date to 12 months. So if that's what you get then you would have to have made Mickey mad somehow. Spray painting some cabins perhaps? :rolleyes1

I think a CM would have to purposely change the date to 12 months. So if that's what you get then you would have to have made Mickey mad somehow. Spray painting some cabins perhaps? :rolleyes1

Well, I can't promise that won't happen at some point. :rolleyes:

But the 13 month thing would work out great for us this time and we should be able to make BHGM 2 (the sequel) if that comes about. :)

11 days and counting! Is there a pack-n-play in the 2 bedroom units? We have a 2 bedroom lock off and a dedicated two bedroom but need only one pack n play. Is the closet large enough to set the pack n play up in? The closets look pretty large in the drawings.

Hi Joy! :wave2: Nice to see you.

11 days and counting! Is there a pack-n-play in the 2 bedroom units? We have a 2 bedroom lock off and a dedicated two bedroom but need only one pack n play. Is the closet large enough to set the pack n play up in? The closets look pretty large in the drawings.

There's a pack n play in all the units. I've never had a lockoff but if the closets are the same size as all the others I suppose you could put the pack n play in there. It might be a little tight but it would probably fit.

Happy Sunday groupie friends! :goodvibes

I think the master bedroom closet is smaller in the lock-offs than in the dedicated 2BR. We've stayed in each but for some reason I'm remembering the walk-in closet being smaller in the lock-off version. In any event, you should have a pack n play in each unit. If for any reason they aren't in there, a quick call to housekeeping should remedy that.

As for the closet being large enough, I've read that people have done this. It does mean you have to put it away every day to be able to actually use the closet for clothes and such. Sounds like you have a very large group heading to WDW...have a great time! :)

We stay in 1 BRs a lot and the closets vary a lot. Some you might be able to and others there would be no way so it's hard to say which you'd get in the lockoff. The lockoff is the only 2br type we've done at VWL so I can't comment on the dedicated.

I think the master bedroom closet is smaller in the lock-offs than in the dedicated 2BR. We've stayed in each but for some reason I'm remembering the walk-in closet being smaller in the lock-off version. In any event, you should have a pack n play in each unit. If for any reason they aren't in there, a quick call to housekeeping should remedy that.

As for the closet being large enough, I've read that people have done this. It does mean you have to put it away every day to be able to actually use the closet for clothes and such. Sounds like you have a very large group heading to WDW...have a great time! :)
Thank you. 13 of us, 7 of them are WDW newbies and I have planned the whole thing for them. The WDW nerd I am gave them a WDW 101 presentation on Thanksgiving... they know nothing and don't seem to want to. Wish us luck. I made the best decisions I could and hoping they have a wonderful time!

Thank you. 13 of us, 7 of them are WDW newbies and I have planned the whole thing for them. The WDW nerd I am gave them a WDW 101 presentation on Thanksgiving... they know nothing and don't seem to want to. Wish us luck. I made the best decisions I could and hoping they have a wonderful time!

From my experience it's not always bad that they don't want to know anything.....if they are willing to follow your suggestions. :rotfl:I have family like that and we have great trips. Now if they are like my sister they will end up thinking they know and then spinning their wheels and yours and patience will be key. But that's nothing new with her so I've had practice. lol :hug: Good luck!

Speaking of groups - our Lightside race trip to DL in January took a dramatic change over Thanksgiving. DH and I did not travel to the great north (aka Minnesota) for the holiday and during that time my sisters other two adult children and their spouse and boyfriend decided to come along doubling our group! I tried adding their names yesterday but apparently even DVC is in disbelief as it didn't take and I have to call back or will maybe email to do it all again.

We still need 2 more to reach our capacity on the villa though but it will be the largest group we've had in one suite. :crowded:

We still need 2 more to reach our capacity on the villa though but it will be the largest group we've had in one suite. :crowded:

Ugh. DW & I really value our space on vacation...that's why we bought DVC in the first place and haven't done a studio yet for the two of us. Sounds like you have 8 people now...is that in a 2BR? Ugh again. Good luck!

Ugh. DW & I really value our space on vacation...that's why we bought DVC in the first place and haven't done a studio yet for the two of us. Sounds like you have 8 people now...is that in a 2BR? Ugh again. Good luck!

I know! I originally had the 2BR for 3!!! Wouldn't even do a 1BR for that. lol DH and I usually do a 1BR for the two of us too - it's also been a big appeal of DVC for us. Ah well - I said I get a real bed and the rest can fit in as they wish. It's just 7 at the moment as DH won't be coming along. And I don't think my other nieces husband will be coming but I guess I can't figure anything is certain. VGC has 3 bathrooms so it's definitely one of the better 2BR's to do this......... I love to see them so that's good, but it was a holiday surprise for sure!

Hey Muush!! Here I am
I have MIA for a few days, can't believe I haven't been on here in a few days, its my happy place at home
Thanks for all the great ides on QS places folks.
2 1/2 more days and we will hit the road. Trying to get to Kingsland GA for an over night stay Wed. night before hitting the road early for BWV and Epcot

Just something to get all those about to head to WDW ready:

20161113_184308_zpsuab33fx2.jpg

20161113_121631_zpskk4zbqce.jpg

20161113_144914_zps6gdrthj7.jpg

20161115_112554_zpsibb4lrkk.jpg

20161115_120432_zpskn7eoxdt.jpg

20161115_120659_zpswy4saqab.jpg

20161115_123031_zpsg9oshwzt.jpg

20161115_205604_zpswspztipg.jpg

20161115_210944_zpsrzej3zhx.jpg

20161115_211903_zps7m3pswpa.jpg

20161115_211620_zps8f8iaj5p.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter