VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I found the list I saw although things can change:

• March 11 Starship featuring Mickey Thomas "We Built This City"
  • March 18 - 20 Little River Band "Lady"
  • March 25-27 Village People "Y.M.C.A."
  • April 1-3 Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone "I'm Henry the VIII, I Am"
  • April 8-10 The Guess Who "These Eyes"
  • April 15-17 Blood, Sweat & Tears "Spinning Wheel"
  • May 6-8 Gin Blossoms "Hey Jealousy"
  • May 27-30 The Spinners "Working My Way Back to You"

I found the list I saw although things can change:

• March 11 Starship featuring Mickey Thomas "We Built This City"
  • March 18 - 20 Little River Band "Lady"
  • March 25-27 Village People "Y.M.C.A."
  • April 1-3 Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone "I'm Henry the VIII, I Am"
  • April 8-10 The Guess Who "These Eyes"
  • April 15-17 Blood, Sweat & Tears "Spinning Wheel"
  • May 6-8 Gin Blossoms "Hey Jealousy"
  • May 27-30 The Spinners "Working My Way Back to You"
Thank you. Of course we will be there the weekend of the 22nd so I will have to be patient!!

We always go during the F & G, but since we have a cruise booked for June, we don't have a scheduled WDW trip until the Fall. :scared1:

My dad remains in the hospital and will probably be there for the rest of the week, he is now on dialysis, and while my mom is hoping this will be temporary, it is pretty clear it will not be. I just pray he gets his strength back.

Finally going to see the new Star Wars movie! Sechem32 and Wfc4life are joining us too, so it will be a mini groupie meet per se

Jimmy....my daughter & I went to see Star Wars last week. If you like the original trilogy then I think you'll like this one a lot! JJ Abrams does a great job of paying homage to the original movies while moving this one into a new story line. Enjoy! :darth::chewy:

Then - I looked at my boardwalk view waitlist which was set up thru the 27th and to go until 7 days out - I figured it had virtually no chance to come thru as it now was past the 30 day mark so I decided to just leave it and see. So, of course, it came thru on Wed! :rotfl2:Now I'm back to my dilemma - leave on the 26th and now have points in holding or stay thru the 27th. Moral of the story - even the most unlikely waitlist can fill. The other part of the story - Kathy is a very last minute planner! :beach:

Kathy...that's not a bad dilemma to have! :) And it's great that you were able to get your waitlist. I'm afraid we've given up on waitlists after batting 0-4 in the past. Maybe some day in the future we'll try again. Enjoy the conference!

When we were there three weeks ago, both were still missing, and I've not heard of them having returned in the interim. We'll be there in three more weeks and will let you know; plus, I plan to take some pics of the razing.

Slydog...Thanks for the detective work. I can't say I'm looking forward to the pictures but I'm holding out hope that things will be okay at our VWL when the dust clears in a couple of years. Thanks! :)

We always go during the F & G, but since we have a cruise booked for June, we don't have a scheduled WDW trip until the Fall. :scared1:

My dad remains in the hospital and will probably be there for the rest of the week, he is now on dialysis, and while my mom is hoping this will be temporary, it is pretty clear it will not be. I just pray he gets his strength back.

Corinne...prayers continuing for your father and your family.

Prayers for your dad and your family! :hug:

So has anyone out there had a Trigger Finger Release done? I developed a Trigger Finger (Left Hand Index Finger) about a month ago, and it QUICKLY became a useless finger, other than to point at things. I had never met anyone with such a thing, but understand it is common. Geeze Louise; this getting old thing can be surprising. I had the surgery done last Thursday and all is going great; two little stiches and a slightly swollen finger, but it is really healing nicely. I expected it to be a "sit in this Lazyboy chair and we'll be done in 5 minutes" kind of thing, but noooo; I had to be butt naked, had to use the whole operating room, with four people plus my surgeon in full gowns, head lights, and masks so I could not identify them in court. Not exactly what I expected; what a complicated and expensive deal for such a simple thing. As many of you do, I prepared by watching YouTube videos on the procedures. Most of those guys got to sit in the chair.

So has anyone out there had a Trigger Finger Release done? I developed a Trigger Finger (Left Hand Index Finger) about a month ago, and it QUICKLY became a useless finger, other than to point at things. I had never met anyone with such a thing, but understand it is common. Geeze Louise; this getting old thing can be surprising. I had the surgery done last Thursday and all is going great; two little stiches and a slightly swollen finger, but it is really healing nicely. I expected it to be a "sit in this Lazyboy chair and we'll be done in 5 minutes" kind of thing, but noooo; I had to be butt naked, had to use the whole operating room, with four people plus my surgeon in full gowns, head lights, and masks so I could not identify them in court. Not exactly what I expected; what a complicated and expensive deal for such a simple thing. As many of you do, I prepared by watching YouTube videos on the procedures. Most of those guys got to sit in the chair.

LOL, tell me about it Dad, I'm off to a MRI on the arthritic knee this Wednesday.

The old guy had the very same thing. very very common from what I understand. He swore he got it from using a hammer all the time, while I maintained he used a fishing pole more often than a hammer....:teeth:

After the surgery he had to wear a sheathe on his finger for a few weeks but that was about it. no laying around like third base for him either.

Glad you are on the mend.

So has anyone out there had a Trigger Finger Release done?

Can't say that I have had this one. Glad that the procedure seems to have gone well. As for all those folks operating on you....well you know they have to do something extra to justify the $50,000 hospital bill for that procedure! In any event, glad that you will be able to do more than point...but really isn't that all you need anyway with DiznyDi taking care of your every whim? :duck:

I definitely have to be careful what I wish for. Middle of last week I was up at Tahoe, walking around with just long sleeves on. Started thinking we really needed to get a nice storm or two. Today, we have 14-16 inches of snow at our house in the foothills in Reno. :rotfl2: Thanks El Nino!!!! :thumbsup2 Our poor horses were walking icicles last night but they liked playing in the snow yesterday.

18 more days and I'll be on a plane to MCO! :banana:

DDad - hope your "Trigger Finger" heals fast!

. . . . . . . glad that you will be able to do more than point...but really isn't that all you need anyway with DiznyDi taking care of your every whim? . . . .

She does know where you live, you know . . . but yeah. Luckily I have never had too many whims, just whines.

. . . . . . Today, we have 14-16 inches of snow at our house in the foothills in Reno. . . . . . Thanks El Nino!!!! . . . . . .

Just got to say that NE Ohio usually does very well with El Nino. Every El Nino year I can remember we have had a lot less snow and warmer temps than normal. This year we have had only 8.5" of snow to date (normally we average 30.5" by this time). Temps are again in the 50's this week. So sorry for those that suffer with El Nino, but NE Ohio loves it!

. . . . . DDad - hope your "Trigger Finger" heals fast!
Thanks so much!

Just got to say that NE Ohio usually does very well with El Nino. Every El Nino year I can remember we have had a lot less snow and warmer temps than normal. This year we have had only 8.5" of snow to date (normally we average 30.5" by this time). Temps are again in the 50's this week. So sorry for those that suffer with El Nino, but NE Ohio loves it!

It must be la Nina that gives us what I consider to be good winters - or whatever was going on the last 4 because they were practically perfect. Warm and little snow. Unfortunately that combination does not make for great water reserves in the summer here in the high desert so I'm willing to take an El Nino now and then. If not for the horses it really wouldn't be bad at all.

Nothing much to say here, but this CA girl is freezing out here. It's actually not that cold, but the winds feel like ice! It looks like the end of days out here. Tumbleweeds everywhere, power outages ... to say that California is not used to weather, any kind of weather, is an understatement!

@Lakegirl As for the ticker's not updating correctly, I noticed that on my last one. Some days it would update, some days it wouldn't. I can only guess that the site is busted?

Nothing much to say here, but this CA girl is freezing out here. It's actually not that cold, but the winds feel like ice! It looks like the end of days out here. Tumbleweeds everywhere, power outages ... to say that California is not used to weather, any kind of weather, is an understatement!

@Lakegirl As for the ticker's not updating correctly, I noticed that on my last one. Some days it would update, some days it wouldn't. I can only guess that the site is busted?
Thank you for responding. Yes I noticed earlier today it was working and I was so happy but now tonite...not so much!!

What are we doing below the "fold" on the Resort screen? Surely there is something to be excited about, talk about, hints to share, etc. We have a reputation to uphold!

57°F tomorrow in NE Ohio. Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today on Gobblers Knob, we Spring is just a few weeks away! Yeah!

Buckeye Chuck is another story, the rat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter