VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

thanks Sleepydog25! I just dont know what to do, move ourselves at the 7month mark which is sept 15th, or hang tight and hope for the best? We purposely requested near villa pool on our reservation when it was made may 15th. we hoped to have many relaxing days by this pool. Not newbies to WDW at all, this was to be our first WLV stay and not sure what to do.

If relaxing by the pool is a high priority, then I would definitely move the reservation at the seven month mark. I really think that for those of us who enjoy the setting and grounds of VWL, the next two years won't be a great time to visit our home. Personally, while I thoroughly enjoy VWL quiet and seclusion, I think that we would still rather stay there than most other places.

The next couple of years may be a good time for VWL owners to sample other DVC resorts at WDW. We've stayed in all of them except the Poly villas and each has its own unique charm and appeal. We go twice a year, so maybe I'm talking about 4-5 trips of this inconvenience? Not too bad in the scheme of things. :)

Julie,

The AMA Waterway trip report is most excellent. I especially like the architecture photos of the buildings. The roof lines, windows, archways and steeples are impressive. Makes one wonder how they built them especially considering it is all on uneven ground. Keep them coming!

greg

we go yearly and have since 97, some years 2x. This will be our last trip as a family of 4 before oldest graduates High school. We had planned an 8 day trip with only 3 park days. We have loved AKV, but wanted the setting and feel of WL for this trip. Last 2 were at BWV. Just trying to decide if we should stick it out, or if we move to another studio... which should we pick. I understand things undergo construction, watched many disney expansion project in the parks for years. Just never stayed in the midst of one in a deluxe. Guess we have a few weeks to make a final decision.

we go yearly and have since 97, some years 2x. This will be our last trip as a family of 4 before oldest graduates High school. We had planned an 8 day trip with only 3 park days. We have loved AKV, but wanted the setting and feel of WL for this trip. Last 2 were at BWV. Just trying to decide if we should stick it out, or if we move to another studio... which should we pick. I understand things undergo construction, watched many disney expansion project in the parks for years. Just never stayed in the midst of one in a deluxe. Guess we have a few weeks to make a final decision.

At this point, there is just a ton of uncertainty around what the construction will look and sound like at WL/VWL. If you are looking for other places for a trip with not a lot of park visits, then I'd suggest SSR. Downtown Disney and the Springs are great places to eat and spend time browsing shops, etc.

BCV could be a choice if you anticipate a lot of pool time.

Thanks Granny! I like to hear all different point of views. BCV as of now isnt even available for our dates, only partial availability. and we are not interested in OKW or SSR. BLT studios I hear are very small, VGF and Poly are out of our price range sadly so that leaves AKV at 116 points and BWV 132 points which are affordable and still available. OR we could risk staying at WLV which was 127 points. I know we have 3 weeks or so till our 7 month mark so listing all the pros and cons are what we are doing now. Thanks again!!

Thanks Granny! I like to hear all different point of views. BCV as of now isnt even available for our dates, only partial availability. and we are not interested in OKW or SSR. BLT studios I hear are very small, VGF and Poly are out of our price range sadly so that leaves AKV at 116 points and BWV 132 points which are affordable and still available. OR we could risk staying at WLV which was 127 points. I know we have 3 weeks or so till our 7 month mark so listing all the pros and cons are what we are doing now. Thanks again!!
Tough decision to be sure given your 7-month point is before the serious construction begins. I will say that we've enjoyed AKV in the past, especially since we nearly always drive down thus have quick transportation. Plus, the architecture will, of course, remind you of VWL. As for BLT, while a bit smaller, their convenience factor is hard to beat: walk to MK, the monorail, and TOWL. We've had lake side view both times we've stayed there and loved it. You can see all of EWP and have a clear view of the pool area which made allowing my 14-year old go to the pool alone easier since I could actually see her there. lol Yep, I spied a bit. :rolleyes1 I wouldn't worry too much over your decision--you'll enjoy wherever you wind up.

AKV is my favorite next to WL. I wish it had more boats ... err ... any boats. :) OKW was pretty good too, but we like being in the MK area because, duh, I'm a princess.

15 Days until VWL for me!!! :jumping1:

Just cancelled a DL trip and added this trip about 3-4 weeks ago when it started coming out about the full force of the renovations that would be going on. I'm still unhappy about all of the work and decided I'd sneak in a "good bye to Hidden Springs" trip! Also having a WDW AP and needing to buy DL tickets rather evened out (actually improved on) the additional travel costs to fly across the country vs to S. Cal. While Sept weather is so not a favorite I intend to spend the worst part of the day by the Springs or staying cool and calm at our beloved lodge. (That's assuming I can resist the pull of just one more ride at the parks!) :laughing: And I look forward to catching the Frozen Fireworks at DHS which I've never seen. The first couple of months this summer were virtually a loss for me as I was down with all the most tiring and wearing symptoms of what is now diagnosed Graves Disease. Looking back the symptoms first started appearing while we were on our May SWW trip. Been feeling better although still trying to find the right dose of medication - last test showed me swinging form hyperthyroid to hypothryoid so apparently I'm a bit unusual and respond quickly to the medication. Still I now am playing catch up at a frantic pace so thought a little solo trip R&R at VWL would be a good thing to throw into the mix. :beach: I foresee a fair number of pictures of the pool and trees.

Very nice! Enjoy! I wish I could have found a way to sneak in one more trip pre construction but there was just no way. I will make a point to get over there next month while I'm down for my conference. I need to sit on that beach one more time before construction starts.

Julie,

The AMA Waterway trip report is most excellent. I especially like the architecture photos of the buildings. The roof lines, windows, archways and steeples are impressive. Makes one wonder how they built them especially considering it is all on uneven ground. Keep them coming!

greg

Thank you very much Greg! It's fun going through the photos again. The architecture was one of the things I love most & they did it without all our modern tools. The windows I love. The cathedrals amazing. Maybe I should post a few photos here? I don't want to clog the thread with non VWL posts but I could post a few of the best photos if anyone wants to see. What say you groupies?

Dang it I thought I quoted Eliza's post about single digits & hot flashes. :laughing: You crack me up Eliza! Enjoy your trip.

Hi...curious? How will this work? Do you pay at the store inside the Disney Park? Or will it charge it to a credit card you store on the site? Standard shipping rates? If you purchase multiple items over a span of say....a week....will it give you one single bulk shipping rate? Thanks for this info Kathy. Couldn't find details on the links.

The architecture was one of the things I love most & they did it without all our modern tools. The windows I love. The cathedrals amazing. Maybe I should post a few photos here? I don't want to clog the thread with non VWL posts but I could post a few of the best photos if anyone wants to see. What say you groupies?
I say go for it! I would love to see some of the pics. We are an equal opportunity photo watcher group, says I.

During the latter part of the Poly work (although they are still working on the quiet pool there too) someone posted a picture that stood out to me. A couple people were sitting on their lounge chairs on the beach with a loader or backhoe behind them and the green construction fence. If you feel comfortable with something like that being very possible while your have your resort time then stay at VWL. Our other main go to resorts are BWV, AKV and BLT although with 4 of you I think I'd skip BLT and select one of the others if you decide to move. Although I will say that for a resort stay OKW would be high on my list. It's sooooo peaceful and has the nice boat ride to DTD.

I think for this coming trip, our final before our oldest graduates we wanted something relaxing and no construction :) so my guess is that we will decide between AKV Jambo house, or BWV pool/garden view and request village green. I wish that Poly or GF wasnt so much $$$$$$

I Only wonder if Disney is calling people with reservations and offering to move them is just for Oct-Jan peeps? We booked in may before this announcement so the construction wasnt even made aware at that point

Thank you very much Greg! It's fun going through the photos again. The architecture was one of the things I love most & they did it without all our modern tools. The windows I love. The cathedrals amazing. Maybe I should post a few photos here? I don't want to clog the thread with non VWL posts but I could post a few of the best photos if anyone wants to see. What say you groupies?

Julie, I would think that most of us here would not mind some pics. The ones I saw are very good and I found them quite interesting. They don't look anything like lake buena vista that is for sure, but they are stunning to see. You must have an awesome cell phone camera!

I think for this coming trip, our final before our oldest graduates we wanted something relaxing and no construction :) so my guess is that we will decide between AKV Jambo house, or BWV pool/garden view and request village green. I wish that Poly or GF wasnt so much $$$$$$

I agree with you. We booked ten night for July 2016, or the magic season. Ten nights at VWL is 178 points. Ten nights at the Poly....... 238. So if one were to buy 60 points from a broker or another DVC members at $12 (which is probably low; $15 is better guess??), it would cost $720. That is two round trips on United from Chicago-O'Hare. The monorail is handy for sure. But the boat ride very nice, and we almost always use it instead of riding the bus. We get three more nights at Lodge for the similar number of points. It is little wonder to me why we always wind up back at VWL. As much as I would like to try other resorts, we always go to our home resort. BEST bang for the buck. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Julie, I'd love to see some of your photos. We have a young German relative staying with us at the moment. DDad and I have had the family to Europe on 2 occasions. I agree the architecture, cathedrals or domes and the quaintness of the villages is wonderful. Believe it or not, we also found walking thru the cemeteries to be enjoyable. Reading the headstones and seeing the history is something we in the US just don't have. Post away!

Ok I'll post some pictures. I'll try to get to it tonight but if not definitely by the weekend.

Julie, I too am up for seeing some pics. I have a bunch on my phone from our England trip but this pesky lack of computer savvy is getting in my way:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter