VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hey all! Signal OK right now,so had chance to scroll through past posts. Dizny Dad and Di, hugs and prayers to you folks and your DD. So sorry yall had to deal with this but glad she is on the mend.
Dad thanks for advise about but T says we won't b visiting Harrods as they would see us and lock doors
Granny thanks for the advice. The problem is I can't understand them they can't understand me so I can say what I want about us whooping em back in the day and they just smile. I was told the other day at a pub that I reminded the lady of Forrest Gump the,way I talked I guess I left a lasting impression when I told her the box of chocolates story

Hi there! We are planning a trip next July and worried about all the construction. Anyone know if some of the villas facing the villa pool side will be closed? I can't imagine anyone would want to stay there will all the potential noise and dust. Thanks!
Welcome, cmdg! This is Sleepydog using luv's new laptop so bear with me as I learn to type all over again. All the information now beyond the released plans is pure speculation. However, my guess is the villas facing the pool will not be closed nor certainly those away from the main "action." The pool work is supposed to be done within a few months, and even if it isn't (which I figure), I doubt they'd close rooms anyway since a) only a handful of rooms actually look out to the Hidden Springs pool and b) the work won't affect the rooms other than noise which will likely kick in after most folks are awake. I'm not aware of them closing any rooms during the refurb of the main pool. We generally tend to be in the parks early, so construction noise won't affect us too much. We'll be there in Feb and don't plan to move. Whether you move is up to you and the availability elsewhere, but I wouldn't discount the Lodge/Villas too quickly. The primary magic of the lobby, the theming in the main lodge, the restaurants, the boat to MK, and other things will still be there. Either way, enjoy your stay!

Welcome, cmdg! This is Sleepydog using luv's new laptop so bear with me as I learn to type all over again. All the information now beyond the released plans is pure speculation. However, my guess is the villas facing the pool will not be closed nor certainly those away from the main "action." The pool work is supposed to be done within a few months, and even if it isn't (which I figure), I doubt they'd close rooms anyway since a) only a handful of rooms actually look out to the Hidden Springs pool and b) the work won't affect the rooms other than noise which will likely kick in after most folks are awake. I'm not aware of them closing any rooms during the refurb of the main pool. We generally tend to be in the parks early, so construction noise won't affect us too much. We'll be there in Feb and don't plan to move. Whether you move is up to you and the availability elsewhere, but I wouldn't discount the Lodge/Villas too quickly. The primary magic of the lobby, the theming in the main lodge, the restaurants, the boat to MK, and other things will still be there. Either way, enjoy your stay!

I totally agree! We LOVE the lobby, and my son loved the train theme in the villa lobby - he even calls WL the train hotel :) Looks like the 1br may be a good choice for us after all then! We will definitely need to come back for midday naps, but will request a room on the opposite side of the construction.

So we are past the 31 day point so my plans are final. We were able to get our first two nights at the lodge. I am so happy to be able to have our first stayasDVC members at the lodge-- even though it's only two four six nights I'm excited. The other 4 will be at BLT. Finally feels real!!

Can someone clarify how many people can stay in one 2-bedroom villa? We have 5 adults and 4 kids (10, 5, 3 and 3). Thanks.

So we are past the 31 day point so my plans are final. We were able to get our first two nights at the lodge. I am so happy to be able to have our first stayasDVC members at the lodge-- even though it's only two four six nights I'm excited. The other 4 will be at BLT. Finally feels real!!
Congrats! Walking into the Lobby as DVC members has special feel to it. . .at least to us. Two nights there is better than no nights there. We've enjoyed our stays at BLT, as well. Love the access to MK, TOWL, and the monorail. Both times we've had a room overlooking the lake, and being able to watch EWP from the balcony was very enjoyable. Have a great vacation!

OK Groupies, we're back.... and I really feel 'out of the loop'.

Many thanks for your concerns, prayers and kind words during our recent personal little crisis while in WDW. DDad has given you most of the info. Disney extended every courtesy to us that they could - which I will be forever grateful. We were assigned a handicapped room. We didn't need a handicapped room but, oh well. This room turned out to be a Godsend for us! As the pain increased, our daughter's only comfort came from sitting on the seat in the oversized roll-in shower with the water blasting her as hot as she could stand it. I worked with 3 different managers as our situation progressed into an emergency and we needed to extend our stay. The night mgr opened the Fantasia Market for me at about 3 AM to see if there was anything available for us. When there was not, she put me in a taxi that took me to a 24-hour Walgreen. The driver was given instruction to wait and bring me back - all at cost to Disney. In addition to providing daily transportation to and from the hospital, Disney had a gift delivered to our room. Unnecessary, certainly. They just wanted to add a little bit of magic to an unfortunate turn of events.

I booked a lakeview room so we could be on a higher floor. Our room was 8014 - 10th floor.....and we had a perfect view of the Magic Kingdom looking left. Looking right was the lake. We were able to watch the fireworks from the balcony every night. While we had expected to visit the TOWL at least once, with the location of our room and the perfect view of the fireworks we simply stayed in the room.

While BLT is no Lodge, we really enjoyed our stay. We liked walking to the Magic Kingdom and having monorail access. Neither of us are huge eaters and after DDaughters experience she really wasn't eating much. We found the quick service to have enough variety that we ate most meals there. The variety of soup offered was exceptional. Only one offering per night, but we did not experience the same soup twice during our stay.

Should we have another shorter stay I wouldn't hesitate to book BLT. Longer stays, my heart is still at the Lodge.

I've not read all of the discussion related to the construction and relocation of guests so am somewhat confused by what is happening.

We are at the Lodge Oct 12-16 (2-bdrm). We have received a letter stating the construction and noise will be kept between the hours of 9 AM and 6 PM.

We return to the Lodge Dec 12-19 (1-bdrm). At this time we have received no letter and no phone call. Are we required to make alternate arrangements? If we receive no call, is it safe to assume we'll have a room in the Villas? Any suggestions on how we should proceed?

I've not read all of the discussion related to the construction and relocation of guests so am somewhat confused by what is happening.

We are at the Lodge Oct 12-16 (2-bdrm). We have received a letter stating the construction and noise will be kept between the hours of 9 AM and 6 PM.

We return to the Lodge Dec 12-19 (1-bdrm). At this time we have received no letter and no phone call. Are we required to make alternate arrangements? If we receive no call, is it safe to assume we'll have a room in the Villas? Any suggestions on how we should proceed?

I'm very grateful you were at Disney when this happened. Anywhere else and the dice would have been rolled differently. Disney wins in the people category every time. :)

It sounds to me like Disney is not forcing folks to move, but trying to preempt complaints by reaching out to those booked there to discuss other options. If you want to stay, and I would, they will allow you to.

Glad you could make the most of your trip DiznyDi and both you and DD are back safe and sound! Technically your October trip is prior to the Oct. 26 "start date", so you won't have many options with that reservation although you could certainly discuss them with MS. As for your Dec trip, you are not required to make alternate arrangements. If you are concerned, I would proactively call MS and ask for a Supervisor and discuss your options. You could stay put if you'd like as many have (including me). If there is availability elsewhere and that is something you'd like to consider then they can do that to. If the alternate accomodations cost more points, they have been "gifting" the additional points so it won't cost you anything additional. Also, if you'd like to stay put, they have been offering some compensation for any inconvenience you may sustain, some of which included fast passes, memory maker, water park tickts, park hoppers, or room folio credit. Personally, I have a Thanksgiving trip and two February 2016 trips for family members that I have discussed with MS and been very happy with the resolutions and all of us are looking forward to being at the lodge.

.... We'll be there in Feb and don't plan to move. Whether you move is up to you and the availability elsewhere, but I wouldn't discount the Lodge/Villas too quickly. The primary magic of the lobby, the theming in the main lodge, the restaurants, the boat to MK, and other things will still be there. Either way, enjoy your stay!

Here Here :). Sandy and I are booked 11-2015, AND 4-2016. As soon as our 11 month window opens up for 11-2016? We're booking. On a side note - tomorrow, our PRIMARY home gets a new replacement skylight. There will be noise. The cats will be upset. The reality of keeping one's home up :). Construction at the Lodge? To us, it's the same thing :). We are sticking :).

Hi all hope everyone is doig well.

Was able to get a split stay for Christmas 3 days VWL 3 days AKL so happy my first response was able to be undone, partly.

Never changed February so I'll be there president's week also. Can't wait.

I need a WL fix. Nuff said, except that I hope that all of my fellow groupies are healthy, wealthy and wise.

I can fortunately say I've got 2 of 3 of these.:sunny:

Hi all hope everyone is doig well.

Was able to get a split stay for Christmas 3 days VWL 3 days AKL so happy my first response was able to be undone, partly.

Never changed February so I'll be there president's week also. Can't wait.

I can fortunately say I've got 2 of 3 of these.:sunny:
You'll enjoy both as WL has the best lobby and I rank AKL as the third best (GF comes in at #2). While I am not thrilled with the construction idea in the least, I don't think the bother will be too much except as slight eyesore for a couple of years much like Poly has been.

Good Morning Groupies!
Many thanks for the clarification of construction and options. At least now I have some information if/when a call is received.

Welcome TLPL and cmdg :welcome: Always a pleasure to have new groupies join our little corner of the Dis.

JT hope you and the family and enjoying your European adventure. While I have never been to England, DDad has. We have visited Germany and surrounding areas on numerous occasions. I am in awe of the history represented. We particularly enjoyed visiting the churches/cathedrals and the spectacular castles of 'mad' King Ludwig.

If any of you follow Julie on FB, after a missed flight and a re-booking on a different airline, her luggage didn't make it. After several days her luggage did indeed turn up, but what a hassle! Julie, I hope you're enjoying your holiday adventure! I'm looking forward to your report and your pictures too.

circhead, glad you were able to resurrect a few days at the Lodge! Now you can put your mind at ease and plan your trip accordingly. Great news!

Enjoy your day!

Congrats Lakegirl! I can't wait to see pics of your trip. I actually changed my entire trip to BCV with the construction looming.

Hello,

I signed a contract for VWL after 5 years of thinking about it. I should have points right around the 7 months mark before our June trip. We have a family trip planned for Dec. 2016. If I reserve a 2 bedroom in January for next December and it is unknown who is going, would you suggest I get a 2 bedroom lock off? Are you able to alter the reservation later and just have the 1 bedroom or the studio? If so, how close to the reservation can you make these changes? We have December u/y. Thanks I am VERY new to this... 24 hours in fact! :)

Hi everyone! Well, when we got the call we decided to stay at our lodge and was very happy to get 6 days of parkhopper. I even received the confirmation email yesterday and added them to my MDE. I still kind of can't believe how easily they offered it. I can't imagine we will regret the decision to stay. Some people are reporting that GS is telling people they are closing the pool side of the villas. I'm not sure I believe that, but who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter