VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Firstly, Hi everyone! I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this thread but I'm so glad I did! Like minded people finally! Myself and DW stayed at the lodge last Dec and came home DVC members as a consequence! It's just about the closest place I've ever found to my idea of heaven!

To answer your question about the view, I was wondering myself so I put together a very crude virtual reality view using Google Earth so everyone can see the potential views for the cabins, if you want to check it out the link is:

On the plus side you definitely still have the feeling of being in the wilderness with all the trees in close proximity but it doesn't look like there will be any firework watching going on.

I have soooo many questions for all you knowledgable lodge folk but il wait for the cabin histeria to die down a bit first! Lovely to meet you all!

WELCOME to the VWL Groupies thread, lawsy5! I think that what you like about WL/VWL you will also like about this thread...it is a peaceful haven in the craziness of the DISBoards.

Your "crude" video graphic is really impressive! And just makes me more homesick for VWL than I already was! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Lastly, don't wait for the hubbub to die down...if you've got questions then go ahead and ask them. I think you'll find us more than happy to share opinions and tips about our favorite place. :)

:banana: WELCOME lawsy5! :banana:

Love of the Lodge is all you need to fit right in! Pull up a bush and be comfortable (sorry, you'll catch up soon enough!)

. . . . . Moonshine...mmmmm, the enterpriser in me is coming out, Moose Moonshine has ring to it . . . . . . . . We got up early this AM(which we never do here at WDW)to do the Train Tour. It was great and highly recommend it! . . . . . . . . .

Think they'll sell Mooseshine in the Mercantile once the additions are in place; we may need it.

And, WOW, the Steam Train Tour - great tour! A little long toward the end with so much history (probably depends on which conductor leads the tour), but a tour not to miss! Steaming the train and pictures in the engineer's cab is a great memory for us!

As to being able to see the Fireworks - seeing them over the trees and through the buildings is just as valid as having a Lake View room at The Lodge.

What is the train tour?
As Dad mentioned, it is a tour of the Steam Trains in MK, starts before park opening, lasts 3 hours and takes you on a guided tour behind the scenes plus onstage, fills in gaps with history of how WDW acquired them, process they go through each day to get them running, explains a steam engine, and finishes off with how Walts love of trains led to Disneyland and WDW. Very good IMO, DVCers get discount, and I will def. do again someday!

Anyone eaten the appetizers recently at Territory Lounge? We are thinking going over tonight, takes some pics around "home" and get into TL to try these. Menu looks really appealing, but we would have eaten at San Angel around 3 so may order 2 apps. Any recommendations? BLT Flatbread is off since we can get that at TOTWL

Anyone eaten the appetizers recently at Territory Lounge? We are thinking going over tonight, takes some pics around "home" and get into TL to try these. Menu looks really appealing, but we would have eaten at San Angel around 3 so may order 2 apps. Any recommendations? BLT Flatbread is off since we can get that at TOTWL

We were there last week, 4 adults. We ordered the nachos, chicken wings and the flatbread. Nachos and wings were fabulous, flatbread was great, but not as good as the other 2. TL has the best appetizers of all lounges, and we have been to them all. :drinking:

Last edited:
If you like mushroom soup, the Portobello Soup from the Artist Point is available in the lounge! It is very delicious and has a small dash of chive oil & Portobello mushroom pieces on top. Mmmmmmmmmm! We have not been to the Artist Point restaurant since we discovered that you can order the soup in the TL and spend a lot less money.

As Dad mentioned, it is a tour of the Steam Trains in MK, starts before park opening, lasts 3 hours and takes you on a guided tour behind the scenes plus onstage, fills in gaps with history of how WDW acquired them, process they go through each day to get them running, explains a steam engine, and finishes off with how Walts love of trains led to Disneyland and WDW. Very good IMO, DVCers get discount, and I will def. do again someday!
Sounds great!! Will have to do on kids free trip in about 8 years! Thanks for the info!

Well all this talk of passing jugs of moonshine and pictures of drunken moose on their back swigging booze, coupled with my anger and depression from last weekend was too much for me to handle. I went to the bar and drank last night. there goes almost seven years of sobriety, right down the drain.

Bartender!! Another round over here!

We were there last week, 4 adults. We ordered the nachos, chicken wings and the flatbread. Nachos and wings were fabulous, flatbread was great, but not as good as the other 2. TL has the best appetizers of all lounges, and we have been to them all. :drinking:

Jimmy -- we had the chicken wings in December and they were very good. It was our first time there, we watched the Pats game. We really enjoyed it, and our server was fantastic!

Greg, you get right back on that wagon, your sobriety is well worth more than our little fits of tantrum over the Lodge:) We are here for you.

I went to the Lodge tonight, did a little digging to no avail. The DVC guy didnt fill me in much until I showed him DVC Mikes pics, then he let me know that he did know a little, based on what his DW showed him last week. He said he knew as much as we do, and when called into a meeting, thats when he would know more. Also said that we DISers tend to know about as much and almost as soon as they know. He went on to say knowing an Imagineer, they have been known to decide on something, change, decide again, change and decide once more. So until we see ground breaking, dont panic.

I for one am still sending in my letter of disapproval!!

So the question is pertaining to the renovations-- Are the existing rooms in the lodge (non DVC rooms) all studios? I would assume so--- in which case, there is a good chance that if they are converted to DVC, they will remain studios, as they did at the Poly. This will leave a similar addition as what was done there, which will greatly increase the demand for one and two bedroom units. I hope they do a conversion like AKV, but don't hold much hope. I wonder if the new restaurant will also house a club level lounge for the cabin occupants.... something that may have been missed at the Poly......

Greg, you get right back on that wagon, your sobriety is well worth more than our little fits of tantrum over the Lodge:) We are here for you.. . . . . .

Indeed we are, Greg, but be careful here . . . Going cold turkey could cause other issues, so go slow . . . a few sips of Mooshine a day may just be what is needed, at least until the construction is completed.

So the news is out, Disney has banned selfie-sticks. Gee, who would have thought holding those things outside of any ride constituted a violation of the "keep all hands and feet inside of the car" rule.

Well all this talk of passing jugs of moonshine and pictures of drunken moose on their back swigging booze, coupled with my anger and depression from last weekend was too much for me to handle. I went to the bar and drank last night. there goes almost seven years of sobriety, right down the drain.

Bartender!! Another round over here!

Nope, no "down the drain". the great thing about being a "groupie" greg is that we are all "young" enough to love Disney and "old" enough to have made enough mistakes to fill space ship earth.
Besides you know the funny thing about that ole proverbial "wagon", it's made of heavy duty timber, sort of like our lodge so no matter how many times we fall off, it weathers the storms and sets the breaks while we climb right back on.

Thanks for your concern everyone. I wouldn't give up sobriety over something like that. The Lord always helps me whenever things get too bad.
I have to poke fun at myself, as it helps me stay humble. Besides my wife would end up with the house and the DVC contracts and I would have nowhere to sleep. I must confess though, that the mouse on his back still trying to drink did bring back some unpleasant memories. Some of us just don't know when to stop!

I went on-line the other day to some of the resale websites and there are very few VWL contract offers. I also receive email from the Timeshare Store at least weekly, some time twice each week. They list new offers for each resort in the email. I watch the mail to keep my finger on pulse of resale prices in order to see if there is movement up or down in secondary market. The last two emails had nothing new listed for the Lodge. Also, on the "other site" there was a very long thread debating where all of this might be going. One DVC resort or two at WL, will they refurb the main building or not, some cabins are CRO or none at all, contract extensions and at what price. It went on for a long time. The general consensus for all was the price on VWL contracts is going to go up. So I guess that is good if one did elect to bail out later on.

Viki was up last night planning our calendar as we prepare to leave. School ending and final exams, graduation parties and packing. It is a very busy time for us leading up to vacation. We are going to try to enjoy everything and make the most our our time at the best resort on the property. The rest of all this will sort itself out in good time I suppose.

Last edited:
I wll let the pictures do the talking:teeth:Watching Dream Along With Mickey with
L to R Alan(AnnieTs DH), AnnieT, TammyNC, Capt. D, wfc4life and sechem32

AnnieT enjoying her BDay cake at The Wave

Greg, so glad you are still fighting the good fight. We are family here, you always have us too turn to. Praying for your continued success in this realm of your life. He is way bigger than any of our problems, keep leaning on Him.

And I will share more pics
This shot of WL taken from walkway between BLT and Contemp, notice just before American Flag being removed for dayGreat shot of Will n Liz, we had just been "Chriscoed" as we call it. They had secretly purchased The Whitesells some Dole Whips and FloatsGhiradelli, nuff said
Plaza Ice Cream, nuff said:flower1:

KAT4DISNEY and her DH GordonVia Napoli
Met up with Jill(cheer4bison)by sheer luck after getting off boat from WL at BLT.

Also, by sheer luck, we ran into rusafee1183 yesterday at Epcot. She was celebrating with her sis who turned 21 yesterday. Told her to be sure and visit back here, we would love to see her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter