VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Wow, more birthday wishes. Many many thanks. I truly appreciate the sentiment!

Oh my Kathy. I think I have to agree with your friend about your bones. Wishing you quick healing! A road trip to NJ from TX, hhmmmm. Will you be doing any of the driving and is it your bad foot? It might be a nice break (no pun intended) from your hectic tax season. Im sure your granddaughter would love for you to witness her accomplishments. Tough decision.

Granny, that is just too funny! Appreciate the humor on this cold and gloomy Friday! See you soon!

Happy Anniversary Muush and Mr Muush!
Celebrate your day. I hope you have something fun planned.

Okay....Secret Agent Granny here...went over to WL today after breakfast and after intensive interrogation of a couple of CM's, it seems that the bus rumor is just that, a rumor. The MK bus from WL is a direct route. There is still the bus that runs between WL & FW...we saw that one come up to the bus stop as we walked by. But the MK bus appears to be just to and from WL at this point...though with the resort sharing on the other bus routes I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the FW sharing does happen at some point. But for now, it seems that it is still a direct shot! :)

Jimmy...we did see the cinnamon rolls at Trails End buffet along with all the other options, but we managed to pass on those today. We totally agree that it is an excellent breakfast buffet and a good value for the money. We pretty much loaded up on the regular stuff, with DW loving the freshly made Mickey waffles. I got my sweet fix with the bread pudding french toast. I think we might be hitting that place again before we go since we like the later morning (10:00 a.m.) breakfast and then that holds us over until dinner. I can tell you that we did fill ourselves up and that the walk to WL from there was a medical necessity after eating our fill! :)

Okay....Secret Agent Granny here...went over to WL today after breakfast and after intensive interrogation of a couple of CM's, it seems that the bus rumor is just that, a rumor. The MK bus from WL is a direct route. There is still the bus that runs between WL & FW...we saw that one come up to the bus stop as we walked by. But the MK bus appears to be just to and from WL at this point...though with the resort sharing on the other bus routes I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the FW sharing does happen at some point. But for now, it seems that it is still a direct shot! :)

Excellent job Granny! Whew!! It seems that I'm apparently one of the few here that even use that bus but we love the convenience of just walking out from the villas to the bus stop and heading right to MK on a bus that is never packed to standing room only. :sunny:

Glad you enjoyed Trails End. We usually eat there when we stay at VWL or BLT but recently we've switched to lunch and have liked some of the different options they serve. When we get seated in the upper part of the restaurant we've also had the same server who has been there for many years and we enjoy getting little tidbits from him - actually there are at least a couple of servers that have been there for a very long time. It's our little visit back to a different era at WDW.

Glad you enjoyed Trails End. We usually eat there when we stay at VWL or BLT but recently we've switched to lunch and have liked some of the different options they serve. When we get seated in the upper part of the restaurant we've also had the same server who has been there for many years and we enjoy getting little tidbits from him - actually there are at least a couple of servers that have been there for a very long time. It's our little visit back to a different era at WDW.

We were seated in the upper part and our server was Kenny. Just another cast member who seems like he's never had a bad day working there. :)

And you're right, it is kind of a throwback restaurant. Just some good food and nice rustic setting. We're looking forward to attending Hoop-de-doo Revue in a few days...which will also be our first time for that experience. We're working on new restaurants and experiences on the trip this time.

We were seated in the upper part and our server was Kenny. Just another cast member who seems like he's never had a bad day working there. :)

And you're right, it is kind of a throwback restaurant. Just some good food and nice rustic setting. We're looking forward to attending Hoop-de-doo Revue in a few days...which will also be our first time for that experience. We're working on new restaurants and experiences on the trip this time.
We love Kenny! He used to be a manager there many yrs back but he loves seeing lots of the same folks year after year waiting on them. He tells us about his grandkids and daughter everytime we see him.

Happy Anniversary Muush and Mr Muush!
Barb & Chuck, I hope you have an extra special day.

Oh my Kathy. I think I have to agree with your friend about your bones. Wishing you quick healing! A road trip to NJ from TX, hhmmmm. Will you be doing any of the driving and is it your bad foot? It might be a nice break (no pun intended) from your hectic tax season. Im sure your granddaughter would love for you to witness her accomplishments. Tough decision.

Right now the trip for me does not look promising. I have several things already on the calendar that I am not sure I can miss or reschedule. And yes, I am not really sure I could handle the road trip right now.

Hi Kathy! Hope that your foot heals up quickly and that you keep the other one healthy!!!! :crutches:

April is the time of year I say God Bless to my tax accountant. I'm afraid I'm not the most prompt of clients either although she might have wondered what was going on since I got things in to her while it was still March! :o

I am hopeful that I can keep the other one "stress" free!!

twokats
So sorry to hear of your injury, best wishes and Moose Dust to you for a quick recovery. And we understand the issue of tax season, you just make sure you visit when time allows. Once a groupie, always a groupie!

I think my time is more my own right now. I had 5 extensions, but so far no one has brought any to me, so until then!!!

Nice! I love HDDR! We've been 3x & plan to go again this year at Christmas. We've never done the Trails End breakfast. It was on our list for last Dec. but I ended up having to cancel. We'll try again this year. DS16 LOVES buffets. He'd eat at a buffet every day if he could.

So sorry I missed some birthdays!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LUV & DI!!!

[url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com][/URL]

Well done Secret agent Granny!!
Although you and Mz. G are way better agents than me, I'd have been spilling national security secrets for a cinnamon bun.

Muush, hope you and the Mr, had a great anniversary.

We loved HDDR but only have been one time. LOL, can't remember the food as Rizzo the Rat was picked to be in the show. It was our very first trip to the world and Mama bear was busy snapping away on her camera, which back then was not digital. LOL

Yes, Kenny is the man! A lovely CM.

I haven't attended the newest version of Hoop de doo since they had to change the music but look forward to fitting it in to a trip sometime soon. I've seen it a few times over the years - first time was perhaps longer ago than I'd wish to admit. :laughing: Enjoy the Strawberry Shortcake!

Hi guys! Thought I'd share a few more random photos from The World:

The curtain is down, revealing the lovely lobby of VGF:

upload_2015-4-26_10-8-12.jpeg

Riding on the boat from Downtown Disney to Port Orleans and saw this guy who seems to have taken a wrong turn on the road:

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-26_10-8-5.jpeg
    upload_2015-4-26_10-8-5.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 0
And lots of exterior refurbishing at our beloved Lodge:

IMG_1019_zpso9ydx8mz.jpg

Sorry for the size of the pictures...I don't know how to downsize them. I'll work on that! :)

Last edited:
Great photos Granny! Your view is great!:goodvibes

PS- the size of the photos look good to me!

Thanks for the photos Granny! And I agree with Corinne that the size of the photos is good. ::yes::

Interesting. Unfortunately to me it sounds like they are adding FW into the bus loop from WL to/from MK. :( I'm sure FW would like it though since I think they only had the boat direct and had to take the FW/WL bus and then transfer to the WL/MK bus. Guess we'll see what #Granny finds out! :)

This may have been discussed, but it sounds to me like they are only adding during the evenings for HDDR access from MK. That's why it's testing during the evening hours.

Here at WDW, first day has had a number of glitches but we're ready to settle down to a nice stay. In general, we aren't in much of a hurry to go anywhere but it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to travel the 500 yards from the GF boat dock to MK boat dock. While we love the boat transportation from WL we were disappointed to find the long wait for a boat at GF and then find out it shares with the Poly....really??? Now the GF is the first stop departing from MK so that boat ride should be a better option. Overall, I think it's monorail all the way for the rest of the trip. :)

I will say that the VGF 1BR is a beautiful villa. Sounds like the studio is low on storage but the 1BR has tons of it both in the bedroom and the living room. We like the layout which made the kitchen a little smaller but overall has a real nice flow to it. I took some pictures before we messed up the place so I can share some of those later.

Crowds at MK were very low...we walked on to Buzz Lightyear's Ranger Spin and most rides had pretty short waits.

Hope all the Groupies are doing well! :)
Sounds like you lucked out with the crowds Granny!!! Good planning! The boat system sounds like a headache and like they need to work on that?? Have fun!

<<<< I'm a little confused Jimmy? It's something different than the direct bus they've had from WL/VWL to and from MK? We have frequently used that and considered it the best bus ride at Disney! Or does it mean they are the adding FW to that route? If so the that wonderful 3 minute ride to MK would become 15 minutes. That wouldn't make me so happy. :(>>>>>
Same here Kathy? I usually take the boat TO the MK, but on occasion, when it was late, we took the bus back and it did stop at FW first....then WL. This was several years ago but I def recall a bus route just for WL/FW.

DizneyDi......Heartfelt belated birthday wishes! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! You deserve it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter