• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Well, I have been all over looking at the Geyser Point info on the net and all I can say is wow! This is truly unique and unlike anything I have seen at WDW, which means it's gonna be popular. With an unusual blend of high end appetizers and an upscale quick service menu I fear it could get busier at the lodge...

And, sign me up for a Black Cherry Mule! And, I see we are going to have Sierra Nevada pale ale and Blue Moon? It's like a dream come true. So smart of the mouse to open this first, have a few drinks, tour a cabin, sign up for a few more points.

This addition makes me think I was even smarter than I knew when I skipped out on VGF direct, and bought VWL resale....

That company in Orlando made me an offer and it's a significant offer. We're rather surprised by it. I have a week to decide and I'm putting together some questions. It's hard to pull up roots, so I'll be careful about my choice. They're paying to relocate. I'm leaning towards going for it.
Thats great news WD!! I am sure its hard deciding on what to do, as it would be for me as well. Pray, pray, pray for Him to give you the right decision then you can't go wrong:-)

That company in Orlando made me an offer . . . . . . . . . . . . I'm leaning towards going for it.

WDad . . . make that decision for all the reasons you can think of OTHER than money . . . . it doesn't buy the happiness we imagine it can. And in the end, of all the ships we owned, it was not the treasure ships that sustained us, but the relationships that filled our sails. God Bless you and yours.

WDad...talking to you on our last trip it sounds like the location and timing of the move to Orlando would fit right into your plans. Now it seems the decision is mostly a function of whether you think you will find the work enjoyable and fulfilling. As our resident guru @Dizny Dad indicates, you are in a good position to weigh all options and make sure that this is the move you want to make for all the right reasons. Prayers for you during your discernment process for this decision.

Granny; Not sure where that Guru stuff comes from

Guru: gə-ˈrü (noun)
a: a teacher and especially intellectual guide in matters of fundamental concern
b: one who is an acknowledged leader
c: a person with knowledge or expertise

Just sayin'....thumbsup2.gif

. . . . . But if it works out for WDad, I still think a shuttle bus to his new place in Golden Oaks for the BHGM would be nifty. Just sayin'. :D

yeahthat.gif

WDad-congrats on the offer, that's wonderful news!! I am sure it won't be an easy decision, but I am sure whatever you decide will be what works best for you and your family. Good luck!!

That company in Orlando made me an offer and it's a significant offer. We're rather surprised by it. I have a week to decide and I'm putting together some questions. It's hard to pull up roots, so I'll be careful about my choice. They're paying to relocate. I'm leaning towards going for it.
Congratulations!!!!!!

Long time VWL owner and first time poster to this thread. I have a question for y'all.
I have a friend going to VWL (yayaya... Boulder Ridge...) the week leading up to Thanksgiving. She is really wanting the pool to be open.
I have looked back about 10+ pages on this thread and could not find much information about the pool.
Will it be done by November? Disney's official wording is completed in 2017 - um that is generous 12 month window :)

So if any of you have info I would greatly appreciate it.
And for the record -- I sure do miss the trees!

Diana

Long time VWL owner and first time poster to this thread. I have a question for y'all.
I have a friend going to VWL (yayaya... Boulder Ridge...) the week leading up to Thanksgiving. She is really wanting the pool to be open.
I have looked back about 10+ pages on this thread and could not find much information about the pool.
Will it be done by November? Disney's official wording is completed in 2017 - um that is generous 12 month window :)

So if any of you have info I would greatly appreciate it.
And for the record -- I sure do miss the trees!

Diana

Disney has since narrowed their range on the pool opening to Summer 2017. Sometimes their timeframes are off, but with the effort they have been putting in lately to get it across the finish line, I'm very confident that it will be open this Summer. FWIW, I also have a Thanksgiving reservation this year and am definitely planning on putting on my Speedo and utilizing the new pool. Ok, the Speedo was a joke, I was checking to see if anyone would actually read my post :)

Disney has since narrowed their range on the pool opening to Summer 2017. Sometimes their timeframes are off, but with the effort they have been putting in lately to get it across the finish line, I'm very confident that it will be open this Summer. FWIW, I also have a Thanksgiving reservation this year and am definitely planning on putting on my Speedo and utilizing the new pool. Ok, the Speedo was a joke, I was checking to see if anyone would actually read my post :)

Whew the image of a speedo on almost anyone is scary ;)
That is good news. Thanks!

:crazy2: I mean, uhhh, cool! :thumbsup2 :duck: Seriously, I agree the pool should be open barring any last-minute crisis.

Long time VWL owner and first time poster to this thread.
I have a friend going to VWL (yayaya... Boulder Ridge...) And for the record -- I sure do miss the trees!
Diana
Yep. VWL in my book and always will be. I might have mentioned that once or 20 times. And, yes, we all miss the trees. Sigh.

And, welcome to the Groupies, Diana! We're glad you stopped lurking, at least for one post. We hope you'll come back often and join in our discussions. Pull up a rocker and make yourself at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter