VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

That was my initial thinking and I think you're right. When we all go for Gabby's we'll definitely get a verandah. Yours was fabulous!​

Most of the verandahs are much smaller. That room was a category 5E which is only on the Dream/Fantasy. On the Magic/Wonder the 6A category has the oversized verandahs.

:thanks: Thank you for the tip! :thumbsup2 I will tell them we want Parrot Cay if its open. But I do love build your own anything! Hmmm.......we can go to BBB anytime though right? I still don't have my head wrapped around cruise dining. :blush:

Yes, BBB is open every day for breakfast and lunch but there are certain hours. The daily navigator you get the night before will have the hours for the next day. I hope that makes sense. You can also go there for dinner if you want to skip the main dining rooms.

Pam, the carpets are very pretty. I'd take photos of them too. I'm glad you could reschedule. Tell me about the raffles. That Fantasy sure is a beautiful ship.

The spa raffle gave out money prizes that you could use for any spa treatment. They gave out several different ones. To enter you need to do a spa tour on the first day or book a treatment. And you have to be there to win. It was really fun.

I loved those carpets :) the Fantasy was so beautiful.

I absolutely love that picture of Remy looking into Paris. I have an obsession with scenes from Ratatouille! I took a picture of this on the Dream

Did you happen to get any pictures of the adult area on the ship? I know it's supposed to be a little different than the Dream because of all the complaints about it being too small.

I'm glad you kept your massage appointment! Can't wait to hear about that!

Did I get any pictures? Of course I did! The pool area is the same but there is also a wading pool at the front of the ship with tons of lounge chairs, its a beautiful and much needed area.

I love that picture, where was it on the Dream? I really enjoy all the artwork they have around the ships.

Did I get any pictures? Of course I did! The pool area is the same but there is also a wading pool at the front of the ship with tons of lounge chairs, its a beautiful and much needed area.

I love that picture, where was it on the Dream? I really enjoy all the artwork they have around the ships.

Figured you did :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see those. Our next cruise, whenever that will be, DH demands it to be on the Fantasy. He wasn't a fan of the pool on the Dream but loved the Wonder pool so just curious as to see how much different it is.

It was in one of the stairways that we always took. Then by the 3rd day, I needed to have a picture of it.

So funny to see the pictures of the carpets. My husband thought I was nuts. If I wasn't shooting the carpet, I was shooting the gorgeous blown glass chandeliers in the ceilings! The one at the entrance to Palo is this beautiful amber colour.

Figured you did :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see those. Our next cruise, whenever that will be, DH demands it to be on the Fantasy. He wasn't a fan of the pool on the Dream but loved the Wonder pool so just curious as to see how much different it is.

It was in one of the stairways that we always took. Then by the 3rd day, I needed to have a picture of it.

The actual pool area is exactly the same as on the Dream which was a bit of a disappointment. They have an extra adults only area on Deck 13 which is very nice. I havnt uploaded those pictures yet. I'll try to remember when I'm at home. Mom has decided the Fantasy is her favorite because they fixed all the flaws from the Dream. It really is an awesome ship.

So funny to see the pictures of the carpets. My husband thought I was nuts. If I wasn't shooting the carpet, I was shooting the gorgeous blown glass chandeliers in the ceilings! The one at the entrance to Palo is this beautiful amber colour.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I tried and tried to get a good picture of the chandelier in Palo but it just didn't capture how gorgeous it was.

No worries and no rush, there's links. Yes, it's the very back on the left :) I have pictures from the outside too. Unless they change anything you'll get one on your second cruise. I can't wait to hear how you and Denny like cruising.

Cool. I think they are so cute. :thumbsup2

I hope we like it. Thank goodness Denny got his stent in Hilton Head so we shouldn't have to worry about that. :faint:

Glad that you got your spa appt changed. I just emailed my TA to tell her to note that we are DVC members.

I left off with us heading to the Lifeboat Drill. We needed to make our way Aft/Portside on the Promenade Deck. Of course I continued to take photos the entire time.

We had enough time to revel in the beauty of the Atrium

The most beautiful of all the carpets on the ship

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at the very top

Mom needed a bathroom break and insisted I come in and take some photos.

The DVC desk

The Atrium is so pretty

Shutters

We never went in to figure how to use this place, it looked cool though.

I must have looked back at the hallway, I thought it was pretty cool

Heading Aft towards the bar area Europa

This is Ooh La La

I thought these chairs were wild

There was this little ‘courtyard’ in between La Piazza and Ooh La La

A very funky but cool bathroom area

We finally made it outside and found our station. The Lifeboat Drill was painless enough and they even had one open we could check out. I was fascinated and thought it was neat they let us look inside.

It appears as if you two are the only ones on the ship! How did you manage to get all those photos without anyone else in them?

Only Disney could make a lifeboat look like a fun ride. :rotfl2:

The Fantasy is gorgeous. :faint: I haven't read too much about it as we're cruising on the Wonder but oh my it's beautiful. Maybe we'll book that ship for Gabby's graduation. Is Oo La La a bar/club?

Cool. I think they are so cute. :thumbsup2

I hope we like it. Thank goodness Denny got his stent in Hilton Head so we shouldn't have to worry about that. :faint:

Glad that you got your spa appt changed. I just emailed my TA to tell her to note that we are DVC members.

Oh yes, I'm glad you did that, you'll get a DVC gift onboard.

I'll be shocked if you don't fall in love with cruising. It has all the magic of the parks but everything is close together you're not speding time getting to places. You can be as busy or relaxed as you feel like.

I'm so glad everything with Denny is ok :hug: Tears came to my eyes when I thought of how things could have gone. I'm so glad you were there when it happened.

Only Disney could make a lifeboat look like a fun ride. :rotfl2:

The Fantasy is gorgeous. :faint: I haven't read too much about it as we're cruising on the Wonder but oh my it's beautiful. Maybe we'll book that ship for Gabby's graduation. Is Oo La La a bar/club?

:rotfl: It's all about presentation, 'look everybody, there's no need to be afraid of these lifeboats' Mom made some comment wondering how they were going to serve us drinks in there. She said it so flat I thought she was serious until I looked around and she had a big grin on her face.

I went back and changed it, I should have said Europa was the bar area. I missed getting good pictures of the clubs.

You won't regret it, the Fantasy is amazing. But the Wonder is amazing too. I really would just be happy being on any of the DCL ships.

I agree, I kept taking pictures throughout the trip I thought it was so pretty.

I'm thinking everybody else was also trying to get to their drill spots. There were 3600 guests on the ship so it was just lucky timing.
Well I love it and think it was good timing on your part!

There is no two ways about this. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship. I love that little courtyard area between the lounges and I would never have thought that restrooms could be so glamerous.

Corinna

After the Lifeboat Drill we decided to head up to the Rainforest Room instead of going to the Sail Away Party. We have done the party on the past cruises so felt like we could skip it. We went up to the room to grab our bathing suits, and all our bags had been delivered. I unpacked a bit while mom made a phone call and then we headed up to the RFR. We watched the ship sail away while relaxing in a hot tub. I saw a dolphin which was so cool.

I didn’t take any photos of the RFR this trip, but these are from the Dream which are exactly the same.

We relaxed in the hot tub for a while and then went to the heated tile loungers. I think mom went and enjoyed the showers. Neither of us had a watch on us so I went to find out the time. It was 6:05! Oh no! We needed to get to the show at 6:15. Mom decided to go right to the theater and I raced back to the room to change into dry clothes and then raced back to the theater. I made record time. Our room was all the way Aft and the spa is all the way Forward. I got to the room and then to the theater, which was Forward again, in 15 minutes. I was proud of myself. We luckily had taken the Wave phones with us so mom called and told me where she had found a seat. It was a cute show, somewhat of a variety one but I can't remember the name. At the end they had a ventriloquist that was amazing. He was doing an adult show the next night that we would try to get to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter