VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

What a relaxed ending to your cruise! It is perfectly natural that you should mourn the departure from your mother.

That really stinks that they were trying to rush you on the last day, but good on you that you took your time. I had to smile that your mom had a Mickey Bar for breakfast. I did not manage to have one at all on our last trip even though I was on the ship for two weeks. It's a shame that your mom could not join you at AKL, but I am looking forward to reading about this part of the trip.

Corinna

Hey again! Popped over here from your other TR and wish I hadn't...makes me want to do another Disney cruise. Our very 1st cruise was the Magic in 2007 and it was an awesome trip!!! But, for cost reasons we switched over to Carnival and have my 7th Carnival cruise coming up in August. We decided it will be our last Carnival cruise and think we'll try out Royal Caribbean...but after reading this TR, I may try and convince the DH to do one more Disney cruise. I like the itin you did on this one. You used DVC points? How many points was it per person? Anyway...nice TR...looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Pam - first I just want to say how sweet you are for stopping by my TR to wish me good luck on the first day of my new job. You must be a mind reader because I am feeling pretty nervous. Hopefully I will feel better once I get there and get started.

I have heard that disembarking the boat is a real drag. it doesn't sound fun and all and I don't blame you one bit for savoring every last moment.

Sorry that you and your mom had to separate. That's a bummer and I'm sure you felt more than a little sad going to AKL without her - especially concierge. I love your room view. It's perfect!

Never too old to be sad about leaving your mom! I know exactly what you mean about the last morning, they totally rush you and we agree with your mom, we aren't getting off any faster than we absolutely have to! I don't know what the table service breakfast is SO slow and odd that last morning either but boy, it is.

So sorry you got a but car sick but very happy your room was ready and it looks just lovely!!!

That last day on the cruise is always so painful. That's terrible that they made you rush off the ship. I can understand not wanting to part with your mom. You two are really close. I find that with my parents, as much as I enjoy spending time with them, I need to eventually get away! :rotfl: I just need my own space and go back to being an adult!

Awesome that your room was ready at 11:40, at least you could relax in your room or not, but you had the choice! :thumbsup2

That really stinks that they were trying to rush you on the last day, but good on you that you took your time.

I don't remember them being so pushy the other cruises, they were paging at least every 15 minutes. And then there was somebody waiting outside the room even though we didn't need to be out until 8:00. He didn't knock or anything but he appeared to be waiting.

I had to smile that your mom had a Mickey Bar for breakfast. I did not manage to have one at all on our last trip even though I was on the ship for two weeks.

She loves those Mickey bars! I still have yet to try one. I hadn't remembered that she has asked about it at dinner the night before until I read the journal this morning. I think Martin thought she was joking if she could have one for breakfast :laughing:

It's a shame that your mom could not join you at AKL, but I am looking forward to reading about this part of the trip.

Corinna

It was an even more slower paced four days than the trip in June, if you can believe that. I have some great pictures of the animals to share, can't wait to show you guys :)

Hey again! Popped over here from your other TR and wish I hadn't...makes me want to do another Disney cruise. Our very 1st cruise was the Magic in 2007 and it was an awesome trip!!! But, for cost reasons we switched over to Carnival and have my 7th Carnival cruise coming up in August. We decided it will be our last Carnival cruise and think we'll try out Royal Caribbean...but after reading this TR, I may try and convince the DH to do one more Disney cruise. I like the itin you did on this one. You used DVC points? How many points was it per person? Anyway...nice TR...looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Thanks for coming over! I've thought of trying other lines but love DCL so much the thought has gone to the back burner. I love the theming, I love the atmosphere, I love the CMs, the food is delicious, the shows are fantastic, everything, I love it all! :love: The itinerary was great, but we both would be happy staying on the ship the whole time as well. It was 200 points each for category 5E. While I have no problem using my points like that I think I'll save them for 1 bedrooms in the future. It was marvelous trip, thanks for reading :)

Pam - first I just want to say how sweet you are for stopping by my TR to wish me good luck on the first day of my new job. You must be a mind reader because I am feeling pretty nervous. Hopefully I will feel better once I get there and get started.

I was thinking about you :) It's always nerve wracking to start a new job. It's a scary thing, at least for me. Send up a little prayer for some comfort tomorrow, I know He'll take care of you :hug:

I have heard that disembarking the boat is a real drag. it doesn't sound fun and all and I don't blame you one bit for savoring every last moment.

That is the main reason why I like to extend the trip to WDW after the cruise, it's much easier to disembark knowing the trip isn't over.

Sorry that you and your mom had to separate. That's a bummer and I'm sure you felt more than a little sad going to AKL without her - especially concierge. I love your room view. It's perfect!

Thank you, I was. Some pity party tears might have escaped. If I can't have a savannah view I'll take a pool view any day,

Never too old to be sad about leaving your mom!

Thank you :goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean about the last morning, they totally rush you and we agree with your mom, we aren't getting off any faster than we absolutely have to! I don't know what the table service breakfast is SO slow and odd that last morning either but boy, it is.

We squeezed every minute we could out of that cruise! If you want me off the ship earlier then make disembarkation earlier than 9:00, otherwise I'm staying! :rotfl:

I don't know if it would be faster going up to the buffet but I like ending the cruise being served one last time.

So sorry you got a but car sick but very happy your room was ready and it looks just lovely!!!

I was amazed it was ready, that was really cool.

That last day on the cruise is always so painful. That's terrible that they made you rush off the ship.

They certainly tried but we were having nothing of it! :laughing:

I can understand not wanting to part with your mom. You two are really close. I find that with my parents, as much as I enjoy spending time with them, I need to eventually get away! :rotfl: I just need my own space and go back to being an adult!

I'm blessed that we have evolved into very good friends. And it would have been a totally different thing if I had spent the previous year planning that we were going different ways.

Awesome that your room was ready at 11:40, at least you could relax in your room or not, but you had the choice! :thumbsup2

I thought it was awesome, totally unexpected. I did relax for a little bit after getting settled, that was really nice.

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS on your GF contract! How exciting and can't wait till you book a trip with those points! :cool1:

I dread the last day for 2 reasons: 1)It's the last day and 2)It's so stinking rushed. I understand that they have to get the boat in tip-top condition for the next cruise, but man.

I'm really excited to stay at Jambo House on this next trip. I really enjoyed Kidani, but it will be fun to stay in the main house I think!

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS on your GF contract! How exciting and can't wait till you book a trip with those points! :cool1:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I've already booked a trip with them :) Per moms request I changed my December vacation from Jambo House CL to VGF. She won't be able to go with me much in the future so I'm going to let her choose where we go.

I dread the last day for 2 reasons: 1)It's the last day and 2)It's so stinking rushed. I understand that they have to get the boat in tip-top condition for the next cruise, but man.

There is no need to rush us that much. Let me enjoy my last morning in peace! I guess some people would never leave if they didn't make all the announcements.

I'm really excited to stay at Jambo House on this next trip. I really enjoyed Kidani, but it will be fun to stay in the main house I think!

Oh you're going to love it! I know I need to try Kidani at least once but I can't drag myself away from Jambo House.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I've already booked a trip with them :) Per moms request I changed my December vacation from Jambo House CL to VGF. She won't be able to go with me much in the future so I'm going to let her choose where we go.

There is no need to rush us that much. Let me enjoy my last morning in peace! I guess some people would never leave if they didn't make all the announcements.

Oh you're going to love it! I know I need to try Kidani at least once but I can't drag myself away from Jambo House.

I didn't know that they would be open that soon already! What are your dates for December? Is there a particular reason your mom won't be able to go as much now? Hope nothing serious...

That's right! I completely forgot that you haven't stayed at Kidani yet. That makes me even more excited that you love Jambo House that much!

I always dread the last day of a cruise, it really is not a day, it is breakfast then gone....

It is not worth even saying it is a day.

Anyway, I have no problem with you missing your Mom that just means that you two have a wonderful relationship. I could never have vacationed with my mom, we were just two different people.

But I wish we had the kind you and and your mom have. It is envious.

Love CL, and know you will have a wonderful time.

I didn't know that they would be open that soon already! What are your dates for December?

They open October 23 or 24, I was surprised they'd be ready so soon but I guess they've been building for over a year now. December 6-10 in a studio. I've been toying with the idea of getting a 1BR but the point difference is 88 points.

Is there a particular reason your mom won't be able to go as much now? Hope nothing serious...

Not serious as far as I'm concerned but her DBF has expressed that he'd like her to spend most of her vacation time with him. She has 6 weeks so I'm not sure why he's started to get possessive over her vacation time. Their relationship is very important to her so I'm trying to be understanding. It just means the time I do have with her will be even more special.

That's right! I completely forgot that you haven't stayed at Kidani yet. That makes me even more excited that you love Jambo House that much!

I'll be curious which one you'll like better. To me Jambo House is just amazing. I love the lobby and the pool much more than Kidani's.

I always dread the last day of a cruise, it really is not a day, it is breakfast then gone....

It is not worth even saying it is a day.

Definitely not a day, more like a smidgen of a day :rotfl: I am glad they still serve you breakfast instead of pushing you off the ship, I like seeing everybody one last time.

Anyway, I have no problem with you missing your Mom that just means that you two have a wonderful relationship. I could never have vacationed with my mom, we were just two different people.

But I wish we had the kind you and and your mom have. It is envious.

I was definitely blessed in the parent department. My mom lost both her parents in her mid thirties and knowing that makes me try to cherish the time I have with mine. You never know whats going to happen tomorrow.

Love CL, and know you will have a wonderful time.

I definitely did! I took full advantage of that CL popcorn::

I think it's extremely sweet that you were sad to leave your mom. I don't have any relationship with my mother so I think yours is extra special. I hope, and think, I've got special bonds with mine. I just saw The Guilt Trip last night and can say I also tell my kids to hydrate constantly. :rotfl: If you haven't seen it, it's worth renting.

Just thinking about the last day of the cruise makes me sad. I have read that they really rush you in the morning. I'm so glad we've got late seating as a 6:30 breakfast doesn't sound all that wonderful.

Looks like you had some great table mates. :woohoo:

I hope everything was fine with your mom. :goodvibes

Love seeing photos of AKV! It's so amazing.

They open October 23 or 24, I was surprised they'd be ready so soon but I guess they've been building for over a year now. December 6-10 in a studio. I've been toying with the idea of getting a 1BR but the point difference is 88 points.

Not serious as far as I'm concerned but her DBF has expressed that he'd like her to spend most of her vacation time with him. She has 6 weeks so I'm not sure why he's started to get possessive over her vacation time. Their relationship is very important to her so I'm trying to be understanding. It just means the time I do have with her will be even more special.

I'll be curious which one you'll like better. To me Jambo House is just amazing. I love the lobby and the pool much more than Kidani's.

They really knocked out those villas! I thought construction time for that would take years, and now it's already opening in the Fall. Awesome! I'm looking forward to reading about that TR:thumbsup2

Ahh I see and that kind of stinks from your perspective. She's your travel buddy so it has to be difficult trying to plan upcoming trips, wondering if she'll be attending or not. Has he ever been interested in going to WDW or doing a cruise?

See I will probably never be able to compare the pools, since I never schedule any time for us to be at them! Maybe I can adjust my mindset for this next trip and make some time for it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter