VWL 1/16- 1/22 Photos added

LindaBabe

DIS Veteran
I arrived yesterday about 1 pm. Sunny Skies temperature about 80. Villa not ready, so I grabbed a kids meal at Roaring forks and went out to ride the little boat around the Bay Lake loop. Twice. One of my favorite activities at the world.:goodvibes

Checked phone. no signal! Oops. Went up to the lobby at 3, room just then ready - saw the housekeeper in the hall as I was walking to 1514, perfect requested location near the laundry room. (I have a mobility issue but no ecv for this leg of the trip, so requested ground floor close in)

Room is in excellent shape. Sparkling clean and well stocked. Bedspread not only looked clean, it appeared to be new. This section still has the pinecone carpets, so I carefully took photos to preserve my memories of home as it was when we bought it.

The main lobby has been slightly redecorated, with groupings of high back chairs upholstered in something that resembles "storm" pattern Navajo rugs. The most notable feature was the utter lack of people in view.

Hidden Springs hot tub is closed, but the pool wasn't bad when I went for a dip last night.

Up for sunrise this morning. Photo later. Wish you were here!

Have a wonderful trip. The weather sounds wonderful! I really enjoyed my last stay at VWL in October.

For a second or two I felt as though as I was walking in the Lobby. I don't know how many times I would never see a soul walking in and out of the lobby at the Villas.

We are waitlisted at the Villas in May and I hope it comes through.

So, I rode to the Contemporary and back twice

20130116009_zps614f3fd4.jpg

But as the colors faded, I went in to cruise the shop and then prepare breakfast.

20130116014_zps72aa18b9.jpg

Still getting the hang of the new camera.

Out to the Premium outlets - disappointed in the charcter outlet - t-shirts, characters in blankets, and some nice evil queen stuff. Then over to LBV shops. Scored some clothes at the Lee outlet, but the Character outlet has seriously downsized and had only Tshirts and not much else.

Over to AKL to chat with the DVC rep and buy a pound of coffee, then back to the lodge for lunch.

20130116052_zps4693ca37.jpg

Spent the afternoon by the pool. Yeah Baby! Wish you were here!

Lunch, computer time, pool time (mmmmmmmmmm that Florida sunshine!) Shower, snack. About 5, I thought i'd go out and ride around the lake to catch some 'golden hour' pictures.

Unfortunately, the golden hour disappeared while I was still standing on the dock waiting for a Magic Kingdom boat. At the Magic Kingdom, I discovered where all the people are. . . POURING in to the park from every direction.

20130117amWDWwednesdayevening008_zps7e0f1027.jpg

Went to get on the boat around the Poly and Grand, but there were only two boats on the circuit, so the line got really long. I bailed.

Monorail to Contemporary. Looked around there and had an absolutely tasteless "ice cream" from the Contempo Cafe.
20130117amWDWwednesdayevening016_zps8b0fd3df.jpg

Boat back to the lodge. This pair of mocs is very different from the others. Why? The others are done by plains people, and these were likely done by the Tuscarora from upstate New York.

20130117amWDWwednesdayevening024_zps11c7ba69.jpg

Good Night.

Unfortunately, on Thursday, the clouds came out, the sun went in, and the temperature dropped 20 degrees in a couple hours. No pool time on Thursday.

20130118WDW008_zps58086d10.jpg

I went shopping,t instead. The highlight of the day was a hot fudge supper at Beaches in Cream. This is NOT what I ordered:

20130118WDW001_zps229d29c0.jpg

Friday, a friend and I went over to Lakeland to Violettes (scrapbook store) and to the International world Market in Auburndale. Why?

That's Why:
PeppersatInternationalWorldMarket_zpsbf6aa995.jpg

It was a wee tad warmer when we got home, so for evening entertainment, how about a few fireworks from Bay Lake.

20130118WDW032_zpsca423081.jpg

Wish you were here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!