V's BDay SURPRISE with 99 Characters and Costumes Galore Update May 19th Happy BDAY V

Hi Erin!

Can't believe I didn't notice that you had a TR going! :confused3 I'm all caught up now though.

Awesome trip so far! V is absolutely adorable too! Love her outfits so far. The step sisters are hilarious, but I don't think I'll be able to convince DH and DS to do that. DS was still into characters on our last trip but he has "grown up" so much in the last few months we'll have to wait and see how he is on our next trip.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip and see more of V's outfits!

I love the video.. I love how Victoria is like I'll have my doll back now thanks just in case you get any funny ideas about taking her lol

AMAZING! Thank you for posting the video, such a fantastic interaction. I really can't wait to eat at 1900 Park Fare; I think it will be a total riot.

AHhh I missed so much, I didn't realize you had started your TR. Love it so far. Looks like you guys had a great start :) Can't wait to hear more.

Followed you to your TR from Janet's TR earlier today and have spent the last couple hours reading. I have enjoyed reading about your trip so far. Victoria is a cutie, it looks like you are having a great trip so far, can't wait to hear about the rest. :)

Thanks for joining us! V is the cutest kid ever!

OMG!!! Loved the Drizella video! Priceless - no wonder V loves her so much now! Your mom did an amazing job on the dresses! I had to LOL at Drizella - she was so surprised that the doll did a "wardrobe change" ROFL.

Great update Erin! :)

D~

Ha Drizella was a hoot. I knew by doing the doll dress that we were setting up for a good interaction but she suceeded my expectations.

Erin, thanks so much for the personal heads up on your video. That was AWESOME! Looks like you guys had a ball. I'm behind here, but looked through all your PF photos. :goodvibes What a wonderful evening. And the cake is gorgeous!

Tell your mom great job on the doll dresses! And next time, Elizabeth needs to go as lady T!

Thanks Janet, they will never live up to yours but mom did a good job. Still no idea what to do about our upcoming trip.

Those stepsisters are so funny! Loved the video! Looks like V had enjoyed herself and what a lovely cake! Glad you were pleased with the cake.

Can't wait to read more! Karen

Thanks Karen. I admit I was dreading the worst with that cake and it turned our lovely.
Hi Erin!

Can't believe I didn't notice that you had a TR going! :confused3 I'm all caught up now though.

Awesome trip so far! V is absolutely adorable too! Love her outfits so far. The step sisters are hilarious, but I don't think I'll be able to convince DH and DS to do that. DS was still into characters on our last trip but he has "grown up" so much in the last few months we'll have to wait and see how he is on our next trip.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip and see more of V's outfits!

Ahh IDK park fare is hillarious. Your fam would have a blast. The stepsisters will get some good flirting going on.

I love the video.. I love how Victoria is like I'll have my doll back now thanks just in case you get any funny ideas about taking her lol

I know wasn't that funny. The look on Anastasias face was priceless.

AMAZING! Thank you for posting the video, such a fantastic interaction. I really can't wait to eat at 1900 Park Fare; I think it will be a total riot.

It was the best. I won't lie tho Food was BLAH but characters were fab.

AHhh I missed so much, I didn't realize you had started your TR. Love it so far. Looks like you guys had a great start :) Can't wait to hear more.

Hey Glad you made it! We had a blast more to come very soon.
Erin

Day 3
Part One: It’s a Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boo kind of day! (Also known as the day of the epic meltdown)

When we last left off, we were on Day 2. We’d been to Animal Kingdom and an awesome dinner at Park Fare with Drizella as our new favourite. I forgot to add when I put V to bed the night before (and it took forever for her to fall asleep) she said next time we came to Disney, she wanted a dress just like Drizella! (if you missed this be sure to go back and catch up and watch the video)

My alarm went off early, far too early; but V had an 8 am appointment with her very own Fairy Godmother! My aim was to catch the 7:15 bus. I woke at 630 and got ready super fast. I showered the night before so it was easier. I woke V at 645 and laid out her tiara and her invite to the BBB one of the lovely Disigners had made for her. She was excited at first and then got pretty quiet when I told her I had her dress already.

If you were reading my very short/limited this was a decision I agonized over. I love surprises, but I like to be able to choose things and I was worried that V would feel the same. She might have her heart set on a certain princess and by pre-buying a dress.... well you know.

I ended up deciding to just buy the dress from the Disney Store. It was Rapunzels' Wedding Dress and it was so pretty and comfy and not itchy at all. (well it didn’t look it and V certainly never complained on that day! ) I wanted a dress that was a little more unique and at that point it had only been out for a few months so I didn’t think I’d see too many little Rapunzels in that dress around the park.

Yes it turns out V had her heart set on another dress. She wanted the Aurora dress. It was pink and pink was her favorite color. I knew this was a possibility and since I wanted to make this trip special for her I decided ahead of time that if she was disappointed I would just buy her the aurora dress for another day.

V was super excited that Cinderella herself had invited V to the BBB and despite the momentary disappointment that she could not pick out her own dress; V was excited and ready to go!

We were of course running behind schedule. I got V dressed and lathered in sunscreen and then we were off. I made a quick stop at the front desk to see if my package had arrived yet. It hadn’t. I was so ticked off. It was supposed to have arrived 2 days before!!!

We missed the 7:15 bus and ended up on the 7:30 ish one. I got V to snack on some dry cereal on the bus. I knew we would make it but we still weren’t as early as I wanted to be. We rushed into the Magic Kingdom and headed straight back. It was nearly 8 am, but we stopped for some photo pass pics in front of the castle of course. There was a lot more people than I was expecting!

Disney2012Day3.jpg

Disney2012Day3_02.jpg

Disney2012Day3_03.jpg

We checked in and I passed the FGIT the bag with V’s dress so she could hang it up in the dressing room. Soon we were on our way back and Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boo! The dress was revealed. V liked it. It really is a gorgeous glittery dress. She was super happy to get dressed and then we were off to meet our FGIT.

V got situated in the chair and I took a seat on the bench and got the camera ready. I was curious at first because there were too FGIT with V then I realized that one was in training. I didn’t think much of it, everyone has to train; but as V’s appointment progressed I was a bit disappointed. V’s FGIT didn’t really talk or engage her as much as the one last year or the ones with other girls. V is quiet by nature so it does take a bit to get her out of her shell. Aside from the very beginning when they were just getting started the FGIT didn’t talk to her much at all. We had an amazing FGIT last year so it was just a little disappointing but oh well.

Disney2012Day3_04.jpg

The FGIT showed V her choices for hair and my throat did a little gasp when V picked the Diva or the Pop princess style. Her FGIT caught on and commented on how pretty V would look with the fairy tale one. I really wanted V to pick but I could not picture V in a Rapunzel wedding dress with pink hair! V did pink the fairy tale one and I promised myself that if we ever did it again she could pick whichever one she wanted. (I’m going to likely regret this but I will keep my promise!)

Disney2012Day3_05.jpg

Disney2012Day3_06.jpg

Disney2012Day3_07.jpg

Some More Photos from the BBB

Disney2012Day3_08.jpg

Disney2012Day3_09.jpg

Disney2012Day3_10.jpg

Disney2012Day3_11.jpg

She picked pink nail polish, big surprise!

Disney2012Day3_12.jpg

Disney2012Day3_13.jpg

Disney2012Day3_14.jpg

Disney2012Day3_15.jpg

Disney2012Day3_16.jpg

Disney2012Day3_17.jpg

Disney2012Day3_18.jpg

Disney2012Day3_19.jpg

The Big Reveal!

Disney2012Day3_20.jpg

Disney2012Day3_21.jpg

Disney2012Day3_22.jpg

Disney2012Day3_23.jpg

The BBB Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZHA3ZwMBBw&feature=youtu.be

(cont)

After we paid we headed over to Castle Couture for a photo shoot. As we went outside and grabbed the stroller V was acting a little.... odd she was very sullen and quiet. I figured she was just upset about the aurora dress. She was a sad little girl when we started our session, BUT we had a fantastic photo pass photographer named Meliss who got V going. For some reason we ended up with these cheesy teeth grins but oh well.

Disney2012Day3_24.jpg

Disney2012Day3_25.jpg

Disney2012Day3_26.jpg

Disney2012Day3_27.jpg

Disney2012Day3_28.jpg

Disney2012Day3_29.jpg

Disney2012Day3_30.jpg

Disney2012Day3_31.jpg

Disney2012Day3_32.jpg

Disney2012Day3_33.jpg

After Vs session we headed to the desk and I asked if they could find Vs pics from the Alice Tea Party 2 days before and put them on our photo pass card since we hadnt done it yet. The CM didnt know how to find them, but not a big deal. We made sure the BBB and Photo session pics were on there and we headed out of the store. As we got out into the sun V went from happy to meltdown in .5 seconds. At the session shed been coughing a little and asking for water, but I didnt want to do anything until after the pictures so she only had a couple minutes to wait which she could do. Out into the sunshine the coughing started and she started crying and wanting water and I was completely thrown for a loop.

One thing to know, V does not melt down! She does not have tantrums. And this wasn't even a big meltdown/tantrum or anything by any standards but for her... it was! At 5 shed had maybe 3 little ones in her entire life! She kept saying that something was in her throat and making these coughing/gagging noises. I gave her water but to no avail she kept telling me that something was wrong and in her throat. I was confused, was something really wrong? Was this because she was upset over the aurora dress and deflecting her disappointment? I didnt have a clue all I could reason was that maybe somehow she inhaled a bug or god forbid hairspray at the BBB. During all this the Castle Couture CM came out, shed found our Alice pics and I handed off my photo pass card so she could put them on. V was still crying and completely ruining her make up so I did what any good nanny would do (sarcasm inserted) I resorted to bribery. Yes Im awful I bribed. I just didnt want our whole day to be ruined. I felt awful about the aurora dress and she was disappointed. I told her if she could stop crying and just be happy we would get the aurora dress for another day. I knew ahead of time I might be buying it anyways so the bribery wasnt a stretch and it was unusual behavior for her anyways.

(What I didnt anticipate was that a week after we came back from Disney the throat thing would start up again and she refused to eat. 2 trips to the doctor, lots of bread and chocolate pudding and about 6 weeks later it finally ended and she was eating normally again)

So after my bribery and getting my photo pass card back we were off to meet our first princess of the day.

Previous Character Count: 23
This Chapter: 0
Total Count: 23

August 2013 Disney Schedule Comments? Suggestions?

I am really struggling with the mid day breaks thing and feel like I am wasting time. I am also struggling with the Early/Evening Magic Hours and wondering if I should rearrange our schedule to try and give them a go on some days.

We are arriving Tuesday August 20th and leaving Tues aug 27.

Tues Aug 20 -- Arrive and late breakfast at Ohana, Check into POR and then head to Typhoon lagoon for the afternoon/early evening. In Bed by 8pm

Wed Aug 21 -- Magic Kingdom Arrive for 8 am BBB appointment. We will likely stay the day and not break. We will eat at CRT this day and possibly BOG but I'm not sure on if we will do a lunch BOG or a dinner or CRT for dinner and BOG another day. (if we can even get reservations!) This day crowd levels are a 4.2 MK is a neutral Park, AK is 1.1 at best park then HS at 3.6

Thurs Aug 22 -- Animal Kingdom Rope drop and we'll just go for however long we last; probably until 5 or 6 or so. no later than 6! AK is listed as Best park with 1.4 crowd levels

Fri Aug 23 -- Hollywood Studios I don't know if we'll take a break or not this day or just power through. We missed a lot last time and we took a 2 hour midday break, but crowd levels were a lot higher then. HS is a neutral Park with a rating of 1.5. Epcot & AK are best parks with 4.4 & 1.1

Sat Aug 24 -- Resort Day, POR in the AM then we'll head to DTD for a little mid day for lunch and a teeny bit of shopping then the boat to French Quarter for their pool Dinner at Park Fare I think

Sun Aug 25 -- Magic Kingdom I think we'll take a break this day especially if we try for Family of the day. I think we probably will mid afternoon and then head back after. Not sure if we will stay for Wishes since we will have already seen it. Might choose this time to do rides. I'd love to ride Dumbo in the dark!

Mon Aug 26 -- Epcot Again not sure if we will take a mid day break or not I think we won't as I anticipate not arriving at the park until a little later since we will be up the night before. We may not make rope drop. I think we won't break because it is our only Epcot day and there is SO MUCh to do in Epcot. I'd really like to explore the countries and we must meet the Beast. I'm betting I'll have to rent a stroller for V this day. I am SO NERVOUS about hher walking this trip. She is NOT a walker! but heck, I did it when I was 6 (well almost 7!) Epcot is a best Park with a rating of 3.2 If we stay for illuminations we'll be doing it at the front! I've always let V do a late night swim on our last night so.... we'll have to see but we might do it this time.

Tues Aug 27 -- Departure Day. We will spend it at Magic Kingdom! It a best park at 2.5. We may have breakfast at Grand Floridian or Crystal Palace. I'd like to do Grand Floridian we loved it last year but I also want to do a Crystal Palace Breakfast (I want to try the Poohs stuffed french toast!) so we'll see what V thinks.
If we want to try for Family of the Day on our previous MK day, I might book a Crystal Palace Breakfast for 8 or 8:30 or so on that day and if we end up getting Family of the Day (ya right!) we'll just get charged the $20.

I was hoping we might fit a Chef Mickey breakfast in our schedule but I doubt it.

I like Chef Mickeys dinner so I am hoping to book an early dinner and then meet V's parents at POR or have them pick us up at The Contemporary early evening. V will head to Bradenton with her parents and I will most likely transfer myself to POP or AoA for 1 night. (I can't justify staying at POR for one night by myself!) and then the next morning I'll take the ME to the airport and fly home on the midday flight. The flight times from Orlando to Toronto suck. 8 am 130 pm or 8 PM it's a 3 hour flight and then getting someone to pick me up. I think we will all be better off if I just stay one more night. I didn't want to loose our full last day at MK. Maybe someone will want to meet for breakfast!

Hoping to meet up with D and her girls on our Epcot Day, it's the only time our schedules match :rotfl2: but we'll be at the same resort unless something changes so I'm sure we'll meet up again at some point during the trip! Hoping to meet with anyone else there at that time.

Luvin the update. Hope V perked up for the rest of the day.

V looked beautiful and I LOVED her dress! The videos are great. Rachel's FGMIT was less than interactive and she is also quiet, so we weren't as happy the second go round. They really need folks who can carry on a conversation.

(cont)

So after my bribery and getting my photo pass card back we were off to meet our first princess of the day.
[/COLOR][/B]

V looks beautiful in her dress and BBB expericience! Just have to laugh at the toothy grin, that they all seem to get around that age! Nothing wrong with a little bribery :wizard:

We had to bribery too, as soon as we walked out of BBB, DGD wanted to take her dress off :scared1: And, was quite demanding to 'take this off now!'... til I said, 'you really don't want to take your dress off infront of ALL these people' and she had to keep on for breakfast at CRT. Once inside for breakfast she was fine.

Looks like you've got everything planned out for August! :cool1:

Can't wait to see more pictures! Karen

Nice update! Great BBB pics, I just LOVE that Rapunzel Wedding dress, :love: so pretty! Did that little veil come with it? It looks pretty with her hairdo from BBB. Thank goodness she didn't end up getting the pink hair style, LOL

I loved V's dress! And she would just look adorable in anything anyways... Sorry about the melt down - I've resorted to bribery before - not very often, but I have.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day...

Oh and the plans for your Aug trip sound perfect!

D~

Nice update! Great BBB pics, I just LOVE that Rapunzel Wedding dress, :love: so pretty! Did that little veil come with it? It looks pretty with her hairdo from BBB. Thank goodness she didn't end up getting the pink hair style, LOL

The veil came separate with a bouquet of flowers. We left the flowers at home.

Day 3
Part 2: Royalty at their finest

(There are short videos intermixed so watch for the links. At many points my descriptions are very brief because in many cases the video just says it better!)

The plan was this, Early BBB appointment, pictures, then straight to Merida to hopefully be one of the first in line, nip over to the fairies, . (Clearly this was everyone’s plan, but we were a bit after 9 by the time we were done pictures and V’s meltdown.) When we got to Merida (going the LONG way of course) There was already a good sized line, but not awful. We got in it and Merida came out soon after. V was excited to meet Merida. The week before I had taken her afterschool to see Brave and although of course she was scared of the movie (she’s scared of ALL movies!) she was excited to meet Merida. We got to the front of the outside line and of course were stopped! (Story of my life!) However this proved to be interesting as we chatted with the CM about where we were from. He asked V if she’d met Rapunzel yet, (she was in Rapunzels wedding dress) and she answered no. “Well,” he said. “Be sure to head over to Town Square Theatre. But make sure you get there before 4, because after 4 Rapunzel goes to spend some time with Flynn Ryder”. (Remember this info for later).

Finally, it seemed endless but we were let in and we joined the inside line. V didn’t want to color so she just stayed with me. She was still in a funk. I asked her if she wanted to go shoot Merida’s arrow but she didn’t.

Disney2012Day3_34.jpg

Disney2012Day3_35.jpg

V was so quiet going up to Merida! She seemed excited and I was so impressed with the whole Meet & Greet. Merida was awesome, the accent was spot on! She really engaged V! The costume was gorgeous and so was her hair! I hopped in for a quick picture before we said goodbye!

Disney2012Day3_36.jpg

Disney2012Day3_37.jpg

After we said goodbye to Merida, I warned V it would be her last chance to shoot the arrow and she was definitely game now after perking up a little bit. I took a video and the photo pass photographer got some great shots!

Disney2012Day3_38.jpg

Disney2012Day3_38.jpg

Disney2012Day3_40.jpg

Disney2012Day3_41.jpg

Here’s a video of V meeting Merida, It’s not long if you want to give it a whirl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK0DOhlYDW4

Our next stop was the Fairies since their line is the second longest, but we had to pass through Liberty Square and spotted Tiana with hardly a line at all so we quickly jumped in. There were only 3 kids in front of V so the wait was fast and in no time at all she was meeting her. V was so shy with Tiana. But she proved to be one of our funniest meets of the day it was cute!

Disney2012Day3_42.jpg

Tiana asked V if she’d been to see Rapunzel yet. V replied no that she was on a date with Flynn Ryder and Tiana seemed pretty shocked. I loved Tiana, she really tried to engage V despite V being quite shy and distant with her. Tiana isn’t a favorite of V’s but she is definitely a favorite of mine!

Disney2012Day3_43.jpg

I also took a video of this meet with Tiana and it is definitely worth a look! Tiana’s reaction to V’s answer was too funny.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oeK06cNcqY

After saying goodbye to Tiana, we skipped over to the fairies and joined their line. It wasn’t too long of a wait and before I knew it we were seeing Vidia! This was a very different experience seeing Vidia. She was different... She was so friendly and just was not quite the same as our last meeting with Vidia. I suspect somehow she was Drizella in another life!

A Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlrbVJGVQ

And Pictures:
Disney2012Day3_44.jpg

I love this one!

Disney2012Day3_45.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiRDwyESQdI

She certainly loved meeting Tink and Tink was great, fabulous and perky. She gave us a good video when she was looking at V’s autograph book. She wasn’t too fond of Wendy!

After saying goodbye to Tink, we headed back to the castle. The Fairy Godmother was a must do for us today. We joined her line and we saw her almost immediately. She was lovely as usual. She spent a decent amount of time with V and wasn’t rushed or anything. V adores the Fairy Godmother. I think she adores everyone but something about the Fairy Godmother just makes her light up a bit!

Disney2012Day3_48.jpg

Disney2012Day3_49.jpg

Disney2012Day3_50.jpg

Disney2012Day3_51.jpg

The Fairy Godmother had a great conversation with us.

Disney2012Day3_52.jpg

Disney2012Day3_53.jpg

Disney2012Day3_54.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6BLILyPwvY

After we said goodbye, we headed into Castle Couture for a few minutes taking a break from the heat. I knew that The Fairy Godmother and The Tremaines traded off so we only had a little bit of time to wait. And of course what is in Castle Couture but Princess Heaven. V had kept up her end of the bargain and so did I. She was settled on Aurora so I picked up the Aurora dress, crown and wand for her.

(continued next post)

continued...

We headed back out to the courtyard and joined the line again anticipating The Tremaines.

They came out not too long after and we had a little wait but soon it was our turn and much to my surprise and delight it was our Drizella from Park Fare! I didn’t catch it on video but as soon as Drizella saw V you could see the blank look on her face as she tried really hard to remember V’s name and she did! Drizella filled in a few of the blanks for Anastasia and Lady Tremaine about seeing V the night before!

Disney2012Day3_55.jpg

Disney2012Day3_56.jpg

Disney2012Day3_57.jpg

Disney2012Day3_58.jpg

This was one of the most annoying meet & Greets that we did due to OTHER PEOPLE GETTING IN MY WAY! I was busy with the photo pass photographer at the beginning trying to hand off my card so I was delayed in getting video and then a complete stranger kept getting in my way! I was half a second away from asking the CM to tell the lady to stop. It’s one thing to take pictures of the characters while not in the Meet & Greet, but you’re taking pics of someone else’s kid and getting in their adults way! Lol oh well Photopass got some good shots and I got a crazy wacky video.

Disney2012Day3_59.jpg

Disney2012Day3_60.jpg

Disney2012Day3_61.jpg

Disney2012Day3_62.jpg

Drizella was just as awesome as usual and I quite preferred this Anastasia to the one we met last night. Anastasia was just funny the way she was holding the doll etc...

Tremaines Video (crazy video due to someone continually getting in my way!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHRufFB-zo

We Said goodbye and set off in search of our next princess.

Previous Character Count: 23
This Chapter: 8
Total Count: 31

It's fun to see the videos. Thanks for sharing those. I need to do more of those.

It's interesting to see which characters kids warm up to right away and which ones they are a little reluctant with. Bella took forever to be willing to see any of them. She is finally willing to walk up on her own now. She likes the Princesses, but she is a bit shy with their fellas. She usually tries to stand on the side of the Princess that is away from the Prince. Brooklynn was never afraid of any of them, although she was a little more shy with face characters when she was little, and she did better with the 'cartoonish' ones.

I loved seeing all of the videos and the pictures turned out great!

V is just so adorable in that dress! :)

D~

Joining. Love this trip report. I got hooked when I read the title that you met 99 characters and since I am a person who will stand in line to meet the characters and search them out I was totally interested to see who you met.

I must say you exhaust me when I read about all the costume changes for V and her AG Doll. :faint: You make me want to get a few costumes for my DD when we go. I have 11 months to plan so I guess I will start watching for sales and things. :)

Loved seeing the videos! Could not believe that woman standing right in front taking pictures of V with the Step Mother and Step Sisters. I think I would have tapped her on the shoulder and ask to move to the side. I don't think the CMs do anything about people getting in the way, cutting lines. But, really, did she feel she had to get a good picture, in the middle? Really, hate for someone to mess with my photo ops!

Waiting for another update! Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter