Vow Renewals on the Magic

mikesmom88

DIS Veteran
My family (19 of us) are going on the Magic Aug 28,2004 and my Aunt and Uncle are celebrating their 50th anniversary and renewing their vows on board.

Has anyone done the vow renewal package? Can you tell me about it so I can share it with my Aunt. As you can imagine, she is very excited and next August can't come quick enough for us.

Thanks,:D

we considered strongly for DW's and my 10th anniv last year....

IMHO, we passed on this b/c of the cost....for the same price, we could have flown to Vegas , stayed in a top hotel for 3 days(weekday rate) and renewed our vows at any one of those wonderfully tacky wedding chapels....

There are several really long threads on this subject. Maybe you can search or else sort by thread to read them. We did it in August on the Magic. It was for our 15th wedding anniversary and a surprise for my husband. It was nice but short. Especially if there is more than one renewal taking place. The whole thing lasted maybe 30 minutes, that includes cutting the cake, toast, etc. I had the first ceremony. Maybe the second ceremony wouldn't be as rushed. Then a photographer takes you around the ship for pictures. I would recommend bringing silk flower bouquets, corsages, etc. They look just as good in the pictures and Disney wanted way to much for fresh flowers. We made them for my two daugthers and best friend. The total cost was about $15 for everything wherein Disney wants $50 for one bouguet and you can't bring it home with you. The cake was nice and you get a cute cake topper and a few other gifts. You get conceirge once on board, which was nice but we didn't use it much. I thought maybe Mickey and Minnie would come by but they didn't. They did take us to take a picture with them when we walked. It does make you feel special. 50 years is a long time. They'll probably have fun picking out the cake and doing all the planning. You meet with the wedding planner once on board. I hope they enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter