Vow renewal on DCL or WDW ?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by criddla, Jan 26, 2014.

1. criddla

criddla Earning My Ears

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has looked into comparing vow renewals .... Looking for something very small (just DH, myself & 2 DS's) but we are planning to stay at WDW for a few days before our double dip in Oct. Any advice??

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

you might want to check out the wedding forums - lots of threads on there about just this! basically though, for quick info, weddings and vow renewals are the same in disney’s eyes and the smallest land package (for maybe 6 people?) is about $2k (possibly more, i think that memories package was $1995 when it started, may now be a little more). cruise weddings/renewals begin about the $3k-ish range (in addition to cruise fare). there are definitely non-disney venues (both outside the parks at WDW or at ports on DCL) that may offer something you’d be interested in!
    HTH!:thumbsup2

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

People have arranged to have their renewals done in port at a much smaller cost.

5. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

We renewed our vows on the Magic 2 years ago this week for our 25th anniversary.

It was just us our children their significant others and our 2 grandchildren. It was wonderful. We chose just a small ceremony and a dance or two. We did book a photography package also. The cost in 2010 was $2500 plus $1000 for the photos and a CD. Our ceremony was on a sea day on deck 7 (which sadly is no longer there)

We decided to have the cake in the dining room for dinner that night. You can do a cake cutting right after the ceremony if you choose to.
    A two tiered cake was included in the package. Along with a bouquet and boutinierre.

6. Parkerpirates

Parkerpirates Mouseketeer

Great question! We are going in January (a couple of months after our 10 yr) and thought it would be fun to renew our vows. We used to live in the Cayman Islands the year after we got married so I thought as a cheaper alternative that's still special to us we would arrange a beach vow renewal. Or we could always do our own thing free by just writing our own vows and reciting them to each other on the beach. Our two kids will be with us on the cruise and I thought it would be so special to include them too!

7. criddla

criddla Earning My Ears

Thanks! And I will check out the other forum too.