Voluntary bump on SWA?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
We (2 adults, 2 kids) will be on a crowded saturday before Christmas flight to MCO and was wondering if we were to voluntary bump, what is the compensation that SWA will offer? And how/who do we asked to be bumped?
DH thinks I am crazy to consider this, but if this helps us get back to Disney sooner vs. later, I would seriously consider it.
Also, what would happen with our already checked luggage?
Thank you
Suzy V.

Your luggage goes on without you. You will go get it at the SW luggage office or from Disney if you use DME.

You will be offered a refund of your price and something else. I "think" it's a free voucher.

That said... make VERY VERY sure that they will put all four of you on the same flights and if A boarding passes are important inquire about that.

Personally I would not bump with 2 kids but....

Keep in mind that they will bump you to the next flight with available seats, which that time of the year could be three days later.

Anne

SW will not overbook a later flight to protect your family. You'll be flying "priority" standby which means your family will probably be split, won't get "A" BP and may be stuck with an indirect connection, possibly through Chicago.

Thank you so much for the quick responses. Based on what has been posted on this thread so far, I will NOT ask to be bumped.
Thanks again for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter