Volcanic ash clouds, here we go again!!!

Nooooooooooooooooo!!

We still have 10 weeks but I'm wanting this whole thing to go away!!!!

mo x

When I saw the title to this thread I thought it was a cruel wind-up - honestly! Then I saw Obi had posted it and realised it wouldn't be. :sad2:

They did say this could go on periodically for a year or so.

Blimey, what a nightmare. The uncertainty is enough to cause chaos and panic. Lots of best wishes to those due to fly :wizard:

After all the test flights, and threats of legal action from the airline companies against the governments, I would be amazed if it got to the same levels of chaos that many experienced last time.
I'm 100% sure that passenger safety will always come first but I genuinely do think they have more reliable data with which to make better informed decisions than they had a few weeks ago.

It's due to some 'dense' ash apparently (i.e. above the updated tolerances) - there's not actually much of this new 'dense' ash but under the EU regs they have to put a no fly zone in place including a 60 mile buffer.

Fingers crossed this clears and we all get to fly away :goodvibes

Oh I so don't want to read this :sad1: I'm already stressed up leading up to our trip as it is, I really can't contend with thinking about volcanic ash :sad1: I hope it does go away soon...

After all the test flights, and threats of legal action from the airline companies against the governments, I would be amazed if it got to the same levels of chaos that many experienced last time.
I'm 100% sure that passenger safety will always come first but I genuinely do think they have more reliable data with which to make better informed decisions than they had a few weeks ago.

Here's hoping :worship:

OMG,just when my spirits were lifted,my stomach is churning again,i cant cope with all this uncertainty.We fly in 15 days and their is just no way of being sure any more:confused:This volcano is making me feel sick now!

Hope this is the case Kenny :thumbsup2

aren't there stranded people who have just arrived back in the UK this week?

i remember people saying they were scheduled to finally get flights back the first week of May, which would be now...

have they all made it back?

This latest cloud is just affecting the european flights that fly under 20,000 feet, the Transatlantic flights are operating at normal levels due them flying above this level, so no need to get too stressed just yet guys.

Peter.

This latest cloud is just affecting the european flights that fly under 20,000 feet, the Transatlantic flights are operating at normal levels due them flying above this level, so no need to get too stressed just yet guys.

Peter.

They've just announced this on GMTV news and said flights to the USA etc are fine at the moment.

My suitcase is packed for the third time, hoping to fly out to Orlando on Thursday :rolleyes1 :bored:

original flight 17 April = cancelled,
rescheduled flight 23 April = cancelled,
rescheduled again 6 May = ??

I think we need some pixiedust: ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8658738.stm

Flights are resuming at 1300.

I totally agree that last time this was an known force of nature and now the authorities do have more info and knowledge so I don't think the volcano will ever ground flights indefinately again. I do believe that further disruption could ensue though and my pixie dust is with all of you flying soon :)

My suitcase is packed for the third time, hoping to fly out to Orlando on Thursday :rolleyes1 :bored:

original flight 17 April = cancelled,
rescheduled flight 23 April = cancelled,
rescheduled again 6 May = ??

I think we need some pixiedust: ;)

Hilary, we are the same as you !
Original flight 15th April cancelled
Rescheduled flight 19th April cancelled
Rescheduled flight 20th April cancelled

LAST attempt at a flight 6th May !

Fingers crossed to all that fly ..... x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!