Viva Italia - Vatican Day Schedule

Mirthrindr2

Mouseketeer
The day ABD has us scheduled to visit Vatican City, they indicate lunch is an included group lunch. After lunch, the remainder of the afternoon and evening is indciated as 'on your own' time.

Does anyone have any idea around what approximate time the days included group lunch finishes by?

I am considering doing a reservation required activity for the afternoon, but hard to plan for without knowing what time we would be available again after lunch.

Thanks

I do not remember the exact time and things can obviously change, but I seem to remember our lunch being done around 1 or 2pm.

The day ABD has us scheduled to visit Vatican City, they indicate lunch is an included group lunch. After lunch, the remainder of the afternoon and evening is indciated as 'on your own' time.

Does anyone have any idea around what approximate time the days included group lunch finishes by?

I am considering doing a reservation required activity for the afternoon, but hard to plan for without knowing what time we would be available again after lunch.

Thanks

Sorry I can't answer the question-you know we will be there AFTER you. What are you hoping to visit?

Sorry I can't answer the question-you know we will be there AFTER you. What are you hoping to visit?

I was thinking of trying to book the Scavi Tour at the Vatican for the afternoon we are already there. The logistics make it a little hard to plan though because you don't really know what time lunch gets over by with ABD, plus you cannot CHOOSE your Scavi Tour time nor are the times even listed on their web site.

Another kind person here on the Disboards who has done Viva Italia and planned the same thing replied to another thread of mine indicating they were able to coordinate it ok, so I'm optimistic, but was trying to guage what the EARLIEST is I might expect to be able to do the Scavi Tour.

Thanks

Hi our family of 8 are on the 9/15/11 Viva Italia trip.

I booked the Scavi tour for our group and was given a time of 1:15 PM the same day we are visiting the Vatican.

Like you, I wondered if we were going to be able to make it. So I called ABD and the staff there, as usual, were so helpful. After giving them our tour date, they told me we are visiting the Vatican and Sistine Chapel in the morning and that lunch is planned nearby (5 minute walk) for 11:30 AM and that we are free after lunch. They even told me the name of the restaurant and said we needed about an hour or so for lunch and we should have no problem making the Scavi tour.

They also suggested that we let our tour guides know of our plans as soon as we arrive. She said the tour guides will be able to give us directions on how to get around after the Scavi tour.

FYI - I sent the first request, via email, to the Vatican Office two weeks ago and sent a follow-up email last week. After I sent the second email I received a response with in 24 hours and paid for our tickets immediately and received confirmation the next day. The tickets cost 12 euros each. I was so surprised that they were able to accommodate us on such short notice. I understand many people request this tour months in advance. I didn't find out about it until a couple of weeks ago and figured I have nothing to lose by emailing our request. We are thrilled to be add this tour to our adventure.

Woo-hoo............. 30 day countdown starts today. Now I can take out my countdown calendar.

I hope everything works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter