Viva Italia - bathrooms

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by lovetotravel, Oct 17, 2012.

1. lovetotravel

lovetotravel Mouseketeer

My parents recently did a cruise with Italy excursions but she had to pay to use the bathrooms when she was on land tours. She did not do ABD and used the cruise tours.

My question is, during the Viva Italia tour, did you have to pay to use the bathrooms during touring or did ABD pay for it? For what we are paying I'm hoping it's included!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chropistopy

Chropistopy DIS Veteran

ABD tells you frequently on the trip to use a free bathroom when there is one available. Take advantage of the bathrooms at restaurants where you are dining, make sure to go before leaving the hotel, etc. From what I remember, ABD did pay for a bathroom stop before getting on the funicular going up to Orvieto. I only paid once which was during "on your own time" in Orvieto. There seemed to be enough free bathrooms at the different venues we were visiting throughout the trip.

4. Judyat

Judyat Mouseketeer

Just to add the guides are also very helpful in finding bathrooms. We did Viva Italia and I never had to pay for a bathroom.

5. mapsd

mapsd Mouseketeer

On our Viva Italia this past July, the guides were well informed where clean bathrooms were (just don't expect pristine facilities like we have in the states). A couple times, the guides paid the fee for the entire group.

A few times while on our own, we paid a euro to ensure a clean facility (usually just a turnstile at the entrance).

I still recommend drinking plenty of water. Don't get dehydrated because you're fretting about finding a restroom, they're everywhere if you inquire.

6. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

They usually only cost a Euro or less but usually are very clean. Some we used in France you pay and then you get your T.P. Now that's a good racket. I don't mind paying for their usually an attendant who does a good job.

7. Phil1019

Phil1019 Mouseketeer

Hi, I went on the Bella Italia ABD trip in July. At times there were bathrooms that required Euro's, however our guides paid for all in group! Now that's the Disney touch!

8. pjacobi

pjacobi DIS Veteran

It's not just Italy!

The last time I was in Planet Holywood in DTD, there was a guy in the mens room handing out paper towls and wanting a tip. The place was extremely crowded with a corporate function going on in the upper levels. Perhaps the tip guy is only staffed on certain times.

-Paul

9. tufbuf

tufbuf Disney Addict!

Yup, not just in Italy. When we were in Nice, I had to use a public restroom and there was a stocky, extremely sun tanned middle-aged man in his Speedos handing out toilet paper at the entrance. It cost I believe 65 euro cents then but I could have been spared from the spectacle. ;) Oh and that was right in front of the ocean were people were sunbathing in the nude. :rotfl:

10. sandhya

sandhya Earning My Ears

Bathrooms are a non-issue on Viva Italia trip. The guides are so attuned to people's needs, they will pre-emptively suggest bathroom breaks and suggestions. The whole trip we never had a problem.

11. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

As a person with "restroom anxiety" lol, I almost sent dd and DH to AbD London / Paris adventure without me! You are so right about the wonderful guides being so attuned! I had no issues at all! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

Always follow the ABD motto....."Go when you can, not when you have to" and you will be fine.

13. DVC Kelly

DVC Kelly Mouseketeer Approved Advertiser

I agree! :)

14. alice99

alice99 DIS Veteran

Great advice anytime!