Vitamix Blender recipe's

lukenick1

DIS Veteran
The recent Vitamix thread inspired me to start a recipe thread. I know this is a budget board but at the same time you can save money making your own foods with this blender. :goodvibes Does anyone care to share their favorite vita mix concoctions?
Much appreciated!

I marked that thread so I could get the recipes. Then I looked online for the Book and found they were 50-75$ holysmokes!

So I'd love to have the ice cream one....milk ice? That's it?

i have a Blendtec--here are some of my favorites:

Totmatillo Salsa:
Roast in a 400 degree oven--3 tomatillo, 1 large onion cut into large chunks, 6 cloves of garlic--sprinkle with olive oil. Roast for 20 mins--then blend in blender for 30 seconds on Dip mode--add 3 avocados pulse 5 times.

My favorite salsa

2 pickled jalapeño peppers from a can, chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1/2 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
4 quarters artichoke hearts, from a can
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
Juice from 1 lime
Small handful (about 1/4 cup loosely pack) cilantro leaves

Blend on Dip mode

Chia Tea Latte Dry mix

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 t white pepper
1 t allspice
1 t nutmeg

In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a 12 oz. mug of hot water.

Popeye Ice cream:

2 cups spinach, 1 banana, 1/2 cup cream, 2 tsp agave nectar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 cups ice
Blend at ice cream mode

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter