Vistana Pros & Cons? Opinions needed!

Mom2Casey

Earning My Ears
We have reservations being held at POFQ and CBR however, we were offered to stay at the Vistana Resort for a 1/3rd of the price we were paying to stay in Disney. We are definitely all about saving money however what does everyone think about the Vistana???? My DD age 6 LOVES ducks and is it true there is a duck pond for her to visit and feed the ducks?

Also a night before we go to the Vistana, we are staying at the Courtyard Marriott Lake Buena Vista..... what are the pros and cons on that place although it is just for one night.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

:wave2:

My DD age 6 LOVES ducks and is it true there is a duck pond for her to visit and feed the ducks?
Vistana is a beautiful resort---very large as well.
There are several duck ponds (with feeders for .25 cents a handful) where you can feed ducks, swan, turtles & we've even seen otters there !

We love the extra room of the Vistana and the pools. We love the ease of getting to the parks.

Maria....I never knew there were duck ponds. Next time!

Del

Does the resort offer transportation to the parks? We have a car rental (GREAT price I might add..$196 for 9 days, mid SUV) and I know that Disney was VERY close but I was just curious in the event we don't feel like driving.

Also, does anyone recommend a certain area? I am not sure but I think my paperwork said Lakes/Cascade. Does that make sense?

there is a shuttle service that runs to parks but there is a fee and a limited schedule as i recall. you are probably better off driving so you have more flexibility with your day. if you do drive take 536 into disney and avoid the major highways. it only took me 10 minutes to get back to vistana from the epcot parking lot.
the lakes/cascades are the newest sections of the resort so you should have no problems with you accomodations.
bob

Have to admit we were "park snobs" until we stayed at the Vistana Resort. We liked it so much we went back the next year. And would probably stay there again had Disney not come up with the free dining for our visit.

They are nice & roomy... Love having a kitchen to be able to make a sandwich or bagel... Pools are very large & clean....
Even did laundry a couple times we were there... It was nice to throw in a load, go to the pool, come back to get some sandwiches for lunch and put them in the dryer... When we got back the laundry was done! We came home with all clean clothes!

We stayed in Fountains & Cascades in 2 bedrooms. Cascades was newer, but also smaller than Fountains.. Enjoy!

Maria....I never knew there were duck ponds. Next time!
Hi Del,
Most of them are in the older sections----Falls, Palms, Spas....but there is one in the Cascades & Lakes as well. We spotted the otter in the Fountains section several years in a row, but did not see him during last year's trip. Maybe we just missed him.

justplaingoofy said:
Even did laundry a couple times we were there... It was nice to throw in a load, go to the pool, come back to get some sandwiches for lunch and put them in the dryer... When we got back the laundry was done! We came home with all clean clothes!

Does this mean the washer/dryer is INSIDE the unit? If so, does every unit have one, or just some? thx.

yes, they are in every unit... They are the stackable kind.... love it....

Nothin like doing laundry while hanging out at the pool sippin on a frozen drink!!

HappyCamperToo said:
Does this mean the washer/dryer is INSIDE the unit? If so, does every unit have one, or just some? thx.

Vistana has websites for both the Village and the Resorts. I stayed at Resorts and loved it...Had a 2-bdrm unit with a patio facing the lake...Very picturesque. At the time I stayed there they did not have an accessible shuttle (lift-equipped) to the parks, etc. but I hear that might have changed by now... I made their lives miserable (legal requirement to provide equal access) while I was there because of it. Loved the laundry in the closet! I used a ramp-equipped taxi to get to the parks and the fee was paid by the excursion desk (ask the manager). All the units have laundry inside, although they may have built studios without them since I stayed there in '04.

Mom2Casey We have stayed at the Vistana Resort several times. It's a great resort with lots of activities for kids. If you plan on spending time away from Disney, it's a great place to be. The pools are great and the kids activities are really good. It's also very nice to have a separate living area & bedroom area. Makes it nice to put the kids to bed, then the adults can stay up. We like the Fountains area. The kitchen and washer/dryer are really nice to have in your room.

I guess I would ask - how much time will you be spending at Disney and what time of year are you going? We have also stayed onsite - and it is easier to go back to your room for a break during the days.

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard LBV - Palm Parkway for one night in March. It was quiet and clean. Decent accomodations, good location and very nice staff. The beds were comfortable. We had a free breakfast buffett, so that was nice. I don't know if I would want to stay there for a whole week, but it was fine for one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter