Vista Way back in the day.......

bonefish

Earning My Ears
Anyone want to share some VW stories from when things were a little crazier? Late 80's through the 90's?
After all, there's a reason the hot tub no longer exists......

Here's one: It's true that there was an article in Playboy (might have been Penthouse but I'm pretty sure it was PB) entitled "Mickey would not be proud" (or something very similar to that). This would be in the lat 80's. The article was about CP cast members bringing guests back to VW for parties and extracurricular activities.

I'm pretty sure it was on Playboys list of top 10 best places to get laid lol.

Got thing I stayed at Chatham :p

Probably true. There was also a saying that if you came to VW with a boy/girlfriend, you probably were leaving with one.....

I think they got the hot tub back actually.

I wasn't in Vista Way but at least in 2012 it still had the reputation.

Stayed in vista way in fall 2015, still has the reputation but unfortunately no hot tub. Very memorable experience.

Oh-you mean the party tent? That security told us to use instead of the apartments? Or...about being careful about going to international side alone (for the ladies:) there was a more ...relaxed...dress code in some buildings...I also did my CP in Spring and women were specifically alerted about Ramadan.
Or about my DH's roommate who did a strip tease on the couch in front of the window (3rd floor) every night to try to get kicked out (he was in training for sous chef in NY but got a fast food role in CP so he was ticked off! Made the best fettuccini alfredo I have ever eaten though). Or the nickel beer nights on Church street? Or the back door into Fireworks for CM night every thursday (21 Rum salute anyone)? Yeah all these not strictly speaking VW but definitely party atmosphere...
After hearing about stories about hot tub I never set even a toe in there (eeewww).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter