Vista Cay

klo1335

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! I wanted to see if anyone has ever rented a condo at Vista Cay? We are going Thanksgiving week and have rented a 3 bedroom condo for the week. So far the process has been amazing and I am hoping it continues this way. The drive to UO seems short and with having a handicap sign for our car (due to my mom's recent double knee replacement) I am hoping parking won't be that bad for us. Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about these condos. The one we are renting is newly refurbished and we can't wait to have some room to spread out and have 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and washer/dryer.

Cheers, Katie

I can't help you, sorry, because I am staying there about 2 weeks after you. I was just hoping you would be willing to give me your impressions when you return.

Reviews on many travel sites seem good, but there doesn't seem to be a high number of reviews, for some reason.

I am staying there about 2 weeks after you. I was just hoping you would be willing to give me your impressions when you return

Absolutely. I was thinking about making a trip report. But it all depends on how much time I have. But I will let you know about the condo. Who did you book through? The owner uses a company to rent them out and they have been nothing but amazing to work with. We are actually paying $50 extra to check in early on our arrival day :) I will keep you posted.

We rented a condo several years ago thru VRBO before we decided to purchase DVC. We really enjoyed our stay there! We were also in a spacious 3BR/3BA unit. I remember the inside hallways being very warm (maybe little to no AC in the summer) but there was no problem with the AC in the unit. We had to check in at this small office next to Publix. Parking at/near the condo was no issue and there were elevators. Parking was limited near the clubhouse/pool. The pool area was minimal but it was so nice to have Publix right there in the parking lot and Seaworld and Universal close by. That's our favorite Publix and we go out of our way to shop at that Publix whenever we are in town. You will be close to several nice restaurants on I-Drive as well! Have a great trip!

Absolutely. I was thinking about making a trip report. But it all depends on how much time I have. But I will let you know about the condo. Who did you book through? The owner uses a company to rent them out and they have been nothing but amazing to work with. We are actually paying $50 extra to check in early on our arrival day :) I will keep you posted.
Thanks! Apparently, Vista Cay is a whole bunch of condos in a gated community that are all owned and rented-out by different management agencies. Millennium owns the majority of them. We are going through a company called Cozykey. We actually rented through Hotels.com, and, at one point, I called Hotels.com because I wanted to extend our stay by one day, and they basically told me "tough luck". So, I then called Cozykey, and the woman I talked to was great and said "No problem" and it was done within 2 minutes.

Looking forward to your trip report.

We are going through a company called Cozykey

We are using Special Dreams Management. I found them through VRBO. I originally tried to go with a private owned one and the owner lives in Norway. But I couldn't nail down dates with him and his communication wasn't as good as this other company. So we went with them instead and the process has been super smooth. I actually just added an earlier check-in to our reservation. 12pm instead of 4pm and it was just $50 more. We are driving from the Philadelphia area and plan to get there around 1pm arrival day. So that makes me feel better instead of finding something to do for a couple hours. At least now we can unload our stuff and go to UO :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter