1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Visa gift cards, Disney gift cards....

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by alwaysmagical, Sep 7, 2012.

1. alwaysmagical

alwaysmagical Earning My Ears

I need your expertise! I have a sum of $ to take to WDW and no credit card. I would much rather take it on a Visa gift card (that way, I don't HAVE to use any extra at WDW) but I can't find out about hidden fees, cost to use, etc. Does anyone have any experience with Visa gift cards?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bearloch

bearloch DIS Veteran

no idea but I too was thinking about doing this as well expecially for my teenagers spening cash while at wdw and then at christmas time at home!

4. xCourxCorex

xCourxCorex DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>You can't

I think the fee varies depending on the amount of the card. On average I believe they are $3.95-5.95 per card? This is for Amex and Visa gift cards.

5. *Flower*

*Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

I did a VISA gift card a couple of weeks ago and the fee for the $50 card was $3.88.

HTH!!

6. mieuxmew

mieuxmew DIS Veteran

Last I checked (which was around Christmas) if you have an account at TD Bank there is no fee for Visa gift cards.

7. mckinley

mckinley DIS Veteran

I do know that some of them start taking out $ each month the amounts are not used. So i would wait till right before your depature before buying.

8. alwaysmagical

alwaysmagical Earning My Ears

Are these the fees to BUY the card, or to use it each time? I'm more concerned with individual usage fees, as I don't want to be charged every time I buy a Mickey bar, and then some popcorn, and then a pair of Mickey ears. I really can't find an answer to this. Thanks all!

9. Lemurone

Lemurone Mouseketeer

Just to buy and then they charge a fee after 12 months if you haven't used. I just bought one from the grocery store--someone gave me a grocery gift card but I didn't need food from there so I used it to buy a visa card. Then I went to the other store to score on their BOGO!

10. *Flower*

*Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

The fee was for purchase, and I took it and bought a Disney gift card with it. We're going on a cruise next month, and I want to put it in our onboard account to help with expenses. We received 2 Wal-Mart gift cards for $25 each, so I paid the $3.88 to get a $50 card. We'd received $50 in other gift cards, so now I have 1 $100 gift card for our cruise!

That in addition to our TAs OBC for $200 should help a lot with our shipboard expenses!