Virgin phone call

feathersmcgraw

Mouseketeer
Hubby received a phone call from a US number last night. It was a Virgin rep offering special price on BMG. We fly out on Tuesday. Hubby paid for the tickets over the phone and we collect them at the airport in Orlando.
Trouble is, they said there was going to be an email and we've not had one.
I suppose it could have been anyone after our details and not Virgin at all.
So, I wonder, do Virgin often ring about deals like this? Is there a UK number I can ring to confirm it was them and that the tickets have been added to our booking? Am I being paranoid over nothing?
I am of the belief that you can't be too careful these days so any advice would be greatly received :-)

Sounds a little odd - have you got a phone number of the company or have Virgin themselves confirmed the booking

Sounds odd: I would quickly call Virgin to confirm; and if they do not confirm the booking and payment, I would immediately cancel the payment - I assume it was done by credit card?

In case it is fraud, you might also need to report this to the credit card company so that they are aware that your details have been obtained and might be used fraudulently.

It was paid for on the Fair FX card. I will get hubby to ring on his lunch break as they will only speak to the lead booking name

It may not be as bad as you think

The US Virgin rep usually rings before you leave offering additional park tickets etc so they may have had a genuine special offer for BMG

I got the annual call a couple of weeks ago and even though I said no to Universal tickets she said she would send me an email and this did take a over a day to arrive so it could be genuine

Hope everything is all OK

Have a great time!

As Janet says they do ring with deals (I still found them expensive)
They rang me a few times when I used to use VH, thankfully they rang evenings UK time and got my business answer phone, just once I actually spoke to them.

Saying that I would try confirm, you should never give details to anyone who rings you. Relatives were scammed a few week ago for £250 (not related to VH) even if they give me account numbers and inside leg measurements I won't discuss anything on the phone, only if I ring them.

Well still waiting on hubby to ring VH but in the meantime I checked our online fair fx statement and it is the right amount and it says Virgin Holidays payment.
I feel a bit more at ease now but I know how sophisticated scammers can be these days so still not 100% appeased yet.
I think I watch too many watchdog type programmes, they have left me paranoid.
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Well still waiting on hubby to ring VH but in the meantime I checked our online fair fx statement and it is the right amount and it says Virgin Holidays payment.
I feel a bit more at ease now but I know how sophisticated scammers can be these days so still not 100% appeased yet.
I think I watch too many watchdog type programmes, they have left me paranoid.
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Not paranoid at all, it's a shame but we have to double check these things. I think I would feel better knowing the payment says Virgin Holidays.

Not paranoid at all, it's a shame but we have to double check these things. I think I would feel better knowing the payment says Virgin Holidays.
Thanks, Stephensmum. Hubby seems to think I have lost it :confused3
He has called them, it doesn't show on our booking as it was done via VH in the US. They have put a message on the computer for them to call us this evening though so hopefully all good :thumbsup2

Did you get the person's name? On the 3 times the concierge service have phoned me it's always been a woman named Lynne. They do phone 'out of the blue' and offer you deals - Just a thought (you probably have) but have you checked your junk mail box as my first confirmation email went into there as it wasn't the usual Virgin mail addy.

Nothing wrong with being careful. We have had calls from Virgin as well and, rather than speak there and then ask them to ring you back the next night. This can give you the opportunity to double check with Virgin before releasing card details.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter