Virgin Flights in September?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Laurafoster, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

Im thinking of booking to go sometime late september, early october next year and went to take a look at prices on Virgins website.

It hows no flights at all after the 25th September? And only 1 flight a day for all of the other dates i looked at? Anyone know why this is?

Im not bothered about the 1 flight per day (although i do prefer the earlier flight to the late flight) but there's nothing for Orlando after the 25th? I checked other destinations and they are on there?:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chuds

chuds Earning My Ears

Hi

May be best to give them a ring on the booking line we had a similar experience when trying to book for late Sept 2010 found that they seemed to have more info than website.

4. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

They sometimes take a few days to appear online :confused3

Also they only ever have the one flight in September been like that for 3 years now. Its always the VS15/16 I really wish it was the 27/28. We like to get there on the earlier flight with DD otherwise it is too late for her.

5. alexandra uk

alexandra uk DIS Veteran

We're going on the V27 on September 22nd next year.

6. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

Who did you book this with? I phoned Virgin Atlantic and they confirmed that there is only the 1pm flight going in September?:confused3

7. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

i am looking at 1st sept and can price up the 11.15am flight

8. jtlover

jtlover DIS Veteran

That is rubbish as I have just booked 11.15 on 2nd September:thumbsup2

9. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

It is normally both flights for the first weekish depending when the majority of schools go back after that it is just the one flight per day.

10. Obi Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan Kenobi DIS Veteran

Virgin like all airlines do have times of the year whehn they reduce their schedule due to low take up.

next year there are two flights from gatwick until Monday 6th September when it drops to the single flight per day.
    This continues as a single daily flight until the 5th October when two flights per day re starts

11. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

Problem solved! I'll just have to fly out on the 6th September and back on the 5th Oct! :lmao: