Virgin - Baby/Child meals

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by UKDEB, Sep 30, 2009.

1. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

What do they consist of? Trying to decide which would be better for a 16 month old.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DjdBrit

DjdBrit DIS Veteran

I have always ordered and never recieved a baby meal on VA. I have asked for juice etc and they have given me juice and baby food. Good luck and Happy Planning.

4. tashasmum

tashasmum DIS Veteran

Would definately not rely on a baby/childs meal. Even after double checking at DTD whilst dropping bags still no childs meal.
    If it was me i would personally make sure you have an alternative with you, at least then you know they are guaranteed to eat it.

5. stephensmum

stephensmum DIS Veteran

Have I missed something here? 16 month baby?

6. Lizzybear

Lizzybear <font color=purple>You fool! You gave cheese to a

I think Deb is talking about her grandson :)

7. BRobson

BRobson <font color=green>Beavers is a dangerous place to

Sorry Deb not sure what Virgin serves up but I have always taken my own as BA childs meals are vile :confused3

I just did finger food when they were little - breadsticks, small sandwiches,raisins, banana etc. They will heat up jars of food which you can buy airside in Boots.

Is Louis a good eater?

8. ChipnDaleRule

ChipnDaleRule DIS Veteran

DS will not touch aeroplane food with a barge pole. DD will eat anything. Cover all bases and take plenty of finger food (not stogy stuff) and plenty of juices. Just remember to leave any fresh food ie fruit on the plane, they will NOT allow you past immigration with anything like that :thumbsup2

9. barnaby1

barnaby1 Mouseketeer

For a baby meal you get one jar of puree something and a jar of pudding something which is not suitable for a 16 month old. The childs meal consists of a hot something (anything from chicken nuggets, pasta, fish fingers with veg), a pudding and extras like a fruit shoot, yogurt, cookie or chocolate and sweets or crisps.
    Having said that the last 4 times I have flown in the last 12 months my requested childs meals were no where to be seen so definitely take back up food. If he is OK with some prepacked meals (for older babies) the staff will always heat them up - or simply put them in a bowl of hot water for a bit.

10. Byron13

Byron13 Mouseketeer

We have just returned with our 19 month old granddaughter, they would not give her a child's meal as we had not paid for a seat. They did not offer her any baby food, she would not of eaten it anyway. Take all their food with you. We had a few small yoghurts, they let us take them through security. Make sure they are less than 100ml. You can buy fruit shoots once you are through security.

11. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

That's really confusing, Byron, not to mention outrageous! The option to choose a meal is flagged up when you book. And given that you haven't paid for a seat, what precisely are you paying for if not for a meal? I think we paid £20+ for the privilege of our grandson sitting on our daughter's lap!