Virgin Atlantic or British Airways!

Joseph Carter

Disney Is The Greatest Place
I am going to Walt Disney World in October 2010 and before the flight dates are released I would like to know which out of these two Companies would you reccomend and why?

I would very grateful to hear your opinions before a decision is made.

All the best

Joseph Carter

whichever is the cheapest from your chosen airport which i guess will be gatwick. Both fly into orlando international, in flight entertainment will be good on both, food is ok on both. for me it is just a mode of transport to get to florida.

I would have said whoevr is cheapest BUT British Ariways have upgraded their inflight entertainment so it is now on demand with more choice of films etc and have upgraded their club world seats on the Orlando route so I would try and go with them.

But if Virgin are significantly cheaper I would happily go with them (by the way I am flying with Virgin next week :thumbsup2).

Probably depends on price and where you are flying from, BA do not fly direct from Manchester, so in our situation we choose Virgin.

Also, if you have a later return flight, with Virgin, you could use the morning check-in at Downtown Disney leaving you a part day free without luggage. Some people prefer not to use this and go direct to the airport. I am not sure if BA have a similar local check in?

The big thing that puts me off BA is not being able to choose seats until check-in. Not even if you're flying business class!

Virgin isn't ideal because you can't see what's available until you've actually paid, but at least you can then pick seats.

With American and United you can see availability before you book, and maybe decide to fly a different day when you can get a better seat.

That is incorrect you can pick your seats with BA 24 hours before a flight in all classes.

Probably depends on price and where you are flying from, BA do not fly direct from Manchester, so in our situation we choose Virgin.

Same here :headache:

Would love to fly BA to be honest as I'm getting truely sick off the poor service been received by VA at the moment.

They seem to have increased prices and lowered standard over the past year:sad2:

:thumbsup2 I personally think BA has a better service than virgin. Also as other posters have said on Oct 7th they will be changing it so you can book which seat you want and also from 10days prior to flying you can select Exit Row seats. Of course this comes at an extra price. But its worth it to have good Legroom for a 8-9hr flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!