Virgin Atlantic food?

tony64

<font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font
I read some pretty bad reports lately, I was wondering just how bad the food is in economy now?

Do you still get the ice cream or have they stopped doing that as well?

We didnt get ice cream in March !!!
The food was edible though the main was just alright bu the choc pud was to die for !!! the kids meals were really quite good too !!!

Same the food is edible (just!), but the GU choc puddings were yummy! We had a choc ice on the way out but not on the way back.

There is a starbucks and sandwich deli place at the gate at MCO so I just took my own sandwich and ate the pudding!

They only came round with drinks a couple of times during the flight, but it was easy enough ask for more when you wanted them.

Thanks
Glad they are still doing the GU :goodvibes

The veggie option wasn't to bad but the food flying home from Orlando was terrible. I had beef stew and it was tough and fatty. We were in row 46 and by the time the trolley got to us there was no choice. The breakfast snack was a cheese and egg bagel or a cheese, ham and egg muffin. They were inedible.

The food flying to Orlando was slightly better but not much.

The only good thing was the large measures of vodka that they pour but they insist on using Virgin Cola which isn't very good.

My advice would be to eat at Gatwick before you fly. The Wetherspoons do a good breakfast and you can have a glass or two of wine with it!

We didn't get any pretzels with our first drink like you used to.

I'll second that the food coming home was inedible both dinner and breakfast. If you don't want cheese then you get no breakfast (I normally eat cheese but just wanted something plain after 7 hours in the air.)

In May we still got the icecream. The food on the way out was just edible. On the way back we got cold sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich at DTD for dinner and ate them on the plane. For breakfast we took cereal bars on board - I dont know why but the return food is always disgusting with the breakfast - powdered egg in greasy croissant - being the worst of all!!

Actually - we have booked premium economy next year . . . does anyone know if the food offerings are any different in there?

I agree, we went in September and the food was ok going out. The kids enjoyed theirs. The food comming home was not good....even the kids food wasn't nice. We couldn't eat it!!!

We didn't get ice cream

we usually fly PE and the food is always gross IMO. we usually eat at the airport and take a sarnie from M&S with us for the flight. Leaving the states we buy subways to eat, that way we can sleep without being disturbed for the rank food!

We flew pe both ways last month and the food was aweful, the only change from economy was the crockery and cutlery!

Here was meal going out this summer

IMG_0186.jpg

I started it before I remembered to take a picture. It wasn't too bad, veg curry.

what bothers me most about the plane food is when you can't identify what is on the try and its not labelled and there is no menu either!

If I can't name it I probabl don't want it :rotfl:

I liked the breakfast muffin, the rest of it was grim though ( and im NOT a fussy eater as a rule )

We flew Premium Economy in April, and I found the food 'okay', also I am a very plain eater and extremely fussy.
We don't set high expectations, and have never flown with anyone else so cannot really be over critical.
I don't expect gourmet dining either but from what I can remember this year I had no real complaints, although I seem to remember a tub of ice cream that hadn't thawed out after 2 hours.

Our son never eats much on board so we take sandwiches & crisps for him.

Thanks Tim
I think we will be investing in something a little more edible at the airports to take on with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter