Villas at Wilderness Lodge Remodeling?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Polynesian27, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Polynesian27

Polynesian27 Mouseketeer

Hi All, I'm a bit confused and need your help. I'm trying to plan for a December trip for my family and we were interested in getting a 2-bedroom at VWL...so I looked up some room videos on youtube to see how the rooms looked and I can across the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQb6idsuJl4 and the room looks amazing and new! However, I also came across a second 2 bedroom video and the room looked like it needs major updating. Has the VWL gone through a totally remodel and I just didn't hear about it? Maybe the video I came across is actually a grand villa? So confused, please help! thanks!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I believe that two bedroom is one of the remodeled villas. They changed to lighter colors vs the dark reds and greens. To the best of my knowledge, the villas are all being redone, floor by floor.

4. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

I think I read (on another board) that the remodeling was completed last spring.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

There are no grand villas at VWL. Unless one is available for cash through Disney Reservation Center, it will be tough getting a two bedroom villa at VWL for December.

6. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

What you see in the video is the remodeled villas look like. I believe all the villas were finished by May.

7. aimes0105

aimes0105 Earning My Ears

The villa remodel is complete. There is a lot of great information WL thread, its lengthy but if you look on the first few pages created by WDWKook, there's just about anything you could possibly want to know. Here's a few pictures I took quickly on our check out day so please excuse the unmade bed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Polynesian27

Polynesian27 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the information!