Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Point Price

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Does anyone know why the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge point price, directly through Disney, is so much lower than the other resorts? Right now, at $102, it is lower than Saratoga Springs.

I sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

Yes, but it is $13 less than the Beach Club and BoardWalk Villas, which also expire in 2042. Something is contributing to its lower cost.

pretty sure it's still supply and demand.

sounds like people would rather walk to epcot than boat to the MK...

Supply and demand. The BLT hype is so strong that people don't even think about VWL.

:earsboy: Bill

So, the current selling price has less to do with the quality of the villas and more the popularity of other resorts? I guess with the opening of a third Magic Kingdom area DVC resort that VWL will be further eclipsed?

So, the current selling price has less to do with the quality of the villas and more the popularity of other resorts? I guess with the opening of a third Magic Kingdom area DVC resort that VWL will be further eclipsed?

Each resort has it's own style and theme. You will find that some like the BLT style and others the VWL style. We own contracts at both resorts and others.

BLT was strongly hype by DVD as they were selling their new modern MK resort. IMO the theme park views are over rated, the pool, so so but the walk to MK is a plus and so is the monorail when it is running.

VWL on the other hand is a small quiet resort with woods/wilderness views. A boat ride to the MK, the lobby at WL puts the Contemporary to shame, and the resort has better decorations at Christmas.

Each resort has it's own style and theme. You will find that some like the BLT style and others the VWL style. We own contracts at both resorts and others.

BLT was strongly hype by DVD as they were selling their new modern MK resort. IMO the theme park views are over rated, the pool, so so but the walk to MK is a plus and so is the monorail when it is running.

VWL on the other hand is a small quiet resort with woods/wilderness views. A boat ride to the MK, the lobby at WL puts the Contemporary to shame, and the resort has better decorations at Christmas.

Yes, I do know all of this to be true and agree with you on the BLT views and pool. I just cannot help but wonder why VWL is less than BCV and BWV and more comparable in price to OKW.

Yes, I do know all of this to be true and agree with you on the BLT views and pool. I just cannot help but wonder why VWL is less than BCV and BWV and more comparable in price to OKW.

Size, location, and demographics. VWL is in less demand than BLT as a MK resort. BCV & BWV (we own both) is a better location with 2 parks and a boardwalk, multiple restaurants, S&D, with more empty nester's buying BWV IMO. BCV is in more demand for the younger set because of Storm-A-Long Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter