Villas at Beach Club or Grand Floridian with Easter crowds?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lile, Sep 20, 2013.

1. lile

lile Earning My Ears

We are currently booked the week following easter at the new VGF. A 2- bedroom villa just opened up at the Beach Club. We have never stayed at an "EPCOT" resort, so we are torn. I know it will be very busy when we are there. How is Stormalong Bay during busy periods and bus service? I guess I worry about giving up the ease of the monorail- not to mention the brand new VGF!
    Yet, I still feel a pull to try something beyond the monorail:)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

BCV is one of our favorites. Easy access to EPCOT & DHS. Plus there are lot of great restaurants close by. ::yes::

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at any of the villas, but have stayed at the BC as well as the GF and I would stick with VGF. SAB can get pretty crowded, but that can be said for any resort pool. The buses at the BC are hit or miss, IMO. Some report that they are shared among all 5 resorts, while others report they are only shared between BC & YC, so I don't think you will know for sure how they will be until you actually get there. Staying at an Epcot resort is great for going to Epcot and DHS and we did enjoy our BC stay, but we love the MK area and tend to stay there over Epcot. With all of that said, if it were me, I'd stick with VGF. Everything is brand new and the rooms look beautiful and that would be enough for me to keep it. Good luck.

5. DreamerWDW

DreamerWDW A dream is a wish your heart makes...

I would absolutely keep the VGF!!! It's fun to try a new resort. I love the BCV too but you can always stay there in the future. I'm trying out VGF on our spring break trip too and I can't wait!:cheer2:

6. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

If it were me I would half and half it but I can't see past split stays