Village Green View at BWV is great!!

riggins

You can't always get what you want, but if you try
Hi guys-
I just returned from a short trip to BWV. We booked BWV on short notice, so of course BW and Std views weren't available, so we ended up with the mixed bag Preferred view. At check-in, the CM asked if we'd prefer a 5th floor studio w/a Luna Park view or a 5th floor studio with a Village Green view. I'd remembered someone here saying that the Village Green view was nice, so that's what I chose. Boy, were you guys right. We were in 5057, a dedicated studio. We could see the boardwalk from Flying Fish down to ESPN and a large part of the Beach Club. We could see the high fireworks from Illuminations too. I was thrilled. Thanks for the tip. If I hadn't read it here, I'd have taken the Luna Park view and missed out.

Leslie

;) ;) Ssssh! Don't tell all the secrets. ;)

Glad to hear you had a good time. I think you also answered the question on whether that is considered a BW view or not.

The best view at BW is not from any room but from across the lake from the Yacht Club at night. I think it is one of the most romantic spots at all of WDW. Looking at the reflections from the lights at BW on the water is really stunning. Great spot.

Sounds like a great view and room. Interesting to hear that you were given a choice of rooms at check-in. We've stayed there 3 times since Oct and have never been given a choice. thanks for sharing:wave:

Thank you!! I just got off the phone with MS and requested the view. We're on the wait list for BWV but I doubt that we'll get it so thank you for the great view tip!!

I have had that view a few times, and agree that it is great. I mentioned how great the view is on this board on a few occasions. I am not sure if I was the one you heard about the view from, but I will be happy to take the credit! Glad you had a great trip.

This is kind of off the subject, but not really, I don't think. I have been looking for points tables for BWV for the new guaranteed BW view. Or -- do you just reserve preferred view and ask for BW view, and will they give it to you if they have the type of villa you are requesting at the time you make your reservation? Hope that question makes sense. It sure seems that they would charge more points for guaranteed BW view, but maybe I'm wrong. The DVC website shows only two point fees (standard and preferred).

Originally posted by jeanniec
This is kind of off the subject, but not really, I don't think. I have been looking for points tables for BWV for the new guaranteed BW view. Or -- do you just reserve preferred view and ask for BW view, and will they give it to you if they have the type of villa you are requesting at the time you make your reservation? Hope that question makes sense. It sure seems that they would charge more points for guaranteed BW view, but maybe I'm wrong. The DVC website shows only two point fees (standard and preferred).
Yep, you just ask for a Boardwalk view when you make your reservation. If boardwalk view is available you are guaranteed that view; if not you can get on a waiting list but I would not hold much hope out on this coming through--but you NEVER know! LOL!!
Yep, the boardwalk views are not any more pts than a preferred view villa.

To the OP,
I agree those Village Green villas are a hidden BWV secret. I also love those villas and always request one if I have a preferred view but not boardwalk view. I was just in one of these villas and it was wonderful!

To PaOKW95,
I know BWI/BWV and the entire boardwalk is a very beautiful sight especially at night but the view from the other side of Crescent Lake looking towards YC/BC etc is pretty stunning also. I love sitting out on the balcony when we have a boardwalk or village green view and watching the Friendship boats on the lake and YC/BC. etc and Spacehip Earth/WS in the distance.

Hi,

Glad you had a good trip!!!!

Allison an associate

We had room 3059 over Christmas, the balcony is much larger than the 4th or 5th floor, but the view from the 3rd floor of Illuminations is reduced.

We had a studio, 2059, when we went in December. We really loved it, the balcony was nice-we sat out there a couple of nights. Couldn't tell you if we could see the fireworks-we were always asleep- but we could hear them as they woke us a few times. But, my kids(4.5yrs and 20 months) slept right throuhg them.

Pam

We have a studio with village green view in early December. When I booked, MS told me that there were no "boardwalk" views left. So I guess this view is "garden". But absolutely great, would like it again any time. Best of both worlds. With it being near Christmas, we got to see the entertainers on the village green each evening.

I have a standard view 2BR reserved in April. Is it worth the extra points for the "Village Green View"? Also, what room numbers are these? Will MS know what I'm asking for?

Thanks.

One caveat about Village Green view. DS had a studio on the 2nd floor a couple of years ago (had myself, DH, DD, and my parents in a two-bedroom, so DS lucked out!) but it was right over the passageway between Luna Pool and Village Green. He said it was pretty noisy late at night! 'Course, we were there at New Year's so may not be representative of usual conditions....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter