Viggle App: Get rewards for watching television!

Ok, so a couple of questions..

Right now, I only see American Idol as a featured show. Are their more?
If I am out and about will I actually be able to see the show from my iphone?

I think that's it for now...THANKS!

FYI while this is a fun app just beware that it's a seriously huge data hog! LOL

To those with questions I've had tons too but am just clicking on various buttons and sliding my finger across other areas.......am seeing clarity the more I play.

But remember, if you have limited data this will suck it all up!

Ok, so a couple of questions..

Right now, I only see American Idol as a featured show. Are their more?
If I am out and about will I actually be able to see the show from my iphone?

I think that's it for now...THANKS!

Yes, you should be able scroll through and see all the featured shows. There are 16 of them.

No, Viggle does not allow you to see the show from your iPhone. (I think that's what you're asking...)

Just a couple tips for everyone who doesn't already know:

Be sure to fill out your personal information, including address and e-mail. Viggle needs your address to mail out the physical rewards, like the Amazon Kindle.

Sometimes flipping between the "What's On" and "Rewards" will reset the trivia questions and/or the videos for extra points. (Sometimes it works for me, and other times it doesn't.)

Also regarding the trivia and videos, these tend to reset every hour to every other hour. (At least for me.) So keep up on those points!

Instead of holding your phone when checking in, try placing on flat surface. I swear the audio 100% of the time always recognizes what show I'm watching live tv! One time I checked in during a Tide commerical and the app still knew what channel/show I was watching. Amazing!

diznee25

How did you get so many points in one day? Thanks for any tips ya'll can give me!!!

Well, 3,764 of that was from the first day including the 1,500 sign up bonus. My total points for yesterday was 6,541. That was with obsessive checking for trailers and trivia. I can't always be that obsessive with it everyday but I did yesterday.
Today I've only gained 2,472 points so far. I started by checking into a movie as soon as I got up this morning. I keep track of when that movie will be over and check into the next movie as soon as one is over. That way I'm checked into something at all times but I only have to check in every couple of hours instead of every hour or half hour like regular shows. Every time I open up the app to check into the next show I check to see if there are any trailers or trivia.
Tonight as soon as the featured shows with bonus points start I'll check into those. I'm trying to get as many points as I can when I'm home because I will be gone all day tomorrow and then again on Saturday and Sunday.

How do you check in for shows that are on the DVR. I look the show up but it didn't give me an option to check in.

I LOVE Viggle! I am trading my points in for Amazon Cards and am saving up for an I-Pad! It is going to take some time but after 1 week of "doing the viggle" I have $100 is amazon credit! Today Amazon was not listed as a reward anymore - but they assured me they will be coming back soon! This is a fun app!

I hope they do get Amazon cards back. That would be great!
One question about that though. If you have $100 credit with one place(amazon, Best Buy, Target or whatever) do they issue one gift card? The highest gift cards I saw were $15.
I would love to save up for something like an ipad but I could just see taking a stack of $15 gift cards in the store to pay for it!:rotfl:

Do you have to keep the phone in the room with the show running the whole time? Like tonight is American Idol. I don't really watch it and plan to be working at my computer in another room. Can I just check in in the first few minutes then turn off the TV and go back to work?

Where do you find the trivia? That's one thing I haven't been able to find on the ap.

Trivia questions can be found inside the featured shows. For instance, click on American Idol and you'll see trivia listed right there.

Do you have to keep the phone in the room with the show running the whole time? Like tonight is American Idol. I don't really watch it and plan to be working at my computer in another room. Can I just check in in the first few minutes then turn off the TV and go back to work?

Yes. I have been known to check into a show, grab my phone, and head to the grocery store. :o Since you don't need to keep the app open, there's no way for them to know if you are really watching the whole show. They can only make sure that you check-into one show at a time. And I've always gotten my points.

The only caveat is if the app kicks you out of a show. But since you're at home you can always turn on the tv and check back in. It's only ever kicked me out while I was still home. But if this happened while I wasn't home, I wouldn't be able to check back in.

diznee25

FYI while this is a fun app just beware that it's a seriously huge data hog! LOL

To those with questions I've had tons too but am just clicking on various buttons and sliding my finger across other areas.......am seeing clarity the more I play.

But remember, if you have limited data this will suck it all up![/QUOTE

We do have limited data, but if I am checking in from home (where we use our wifi and it doesn't "cost" us data), then is it still a data hog? I don't understand why it would be using data except for the checking in, unless I am missing something. I watch a TON of TV, and would love to earn for it, but didn't download it yet since this comment made me nervous! :)

But remember, if you have limited data this will suck it all up![/QUOTE

We do have limited data, but if I am checking in from home (where we use our wifi and it doesn't "cost" us data), then is it still a data hog? I don't understand why it would be using data except for the checking in, unless I am missing something. I watch a TON of TV, and would love to earn for it, but didn't download it yet since this comment made me nervous! :)

My phone is defaulted to use Wi-Fi first, so when I'm at home I don't eat into my data plan.

As long as you do this, you should be fine.

diznee25

Don't forget to check on to a Cspan channel before you goto bed and rack up a few hours worth of points. The longer the show the more the points. I just redeemed my first B&N gift card because I wanted to verify it works.

It's fun! I started on Saturday morning and have no access during the work day and am up to 19000 today!

How do you check in for shows that are on the DVR. I look the show up but it didn't give me an option to check in.

You can only check in for DVR'd shows using the audio recognition feature. But that feature is not working right now. They told me, by e-mail, they would have that fixed soon.

If you read their FAQ, it explains that you can't manually check in to DVR shows.

If you redeem for B&N giftcards you can only store 3 in your online account. I don't know what would happen if you printed them out and took them in to the store. Just in case you were thinking of saving them up in your online account to get a nook

I hust signed up for this yeaterday, and am hoping to tet a ton of points. Is there a limit on the target cards for how many you can get or use at once?

does the trivia/trailers come up? I had a ton last night (after I signed up) but this morning I don't have anything new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter