view of Stateroom 8100 1 bedroom

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by elderfam, Dec 24, 2012.

1. elderfam

elderfam There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. elderfam

We checked in early for our Panama Canal cruise and I ran to the supervisors desk to ask about upgrades. He asked me what kind of upgrade was I looking for and I said "Think BiG" He said they had 1 1bedroom available. So we went from a cat 11 to a HUGE suite on deck 8. I wouldnt have done it if we were on a one week cruise, but for two weeks and the panama canal, I thought the money spent for the upgrade was fair. We had family in two other cabins, so this was a great place to gather.
    I am always wanting to peek in the different staterooms...so thought you might like to see it.

4. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

This is an awesome stateroom suite and probably the perfect way to enjoy those longer cruises. Did the upgrade to this category and suite include anything else?

5. elderfam

Concierge! Holy Cow this was awesome! When you board the ship they take you to one of the clubs for cocktails and you meet your "person". LOL I was in a hurry to make Palo reservations and they told me to relax and sit down, that they could do that for me. ...Pretty much anytime I wanted. So I said Sunset on a sea day. 10 minutes later we had two dinner reservations at sunset on the days I wanted. If you want to borrow a movie (because your room will have a DVD player) they bring you a bag of popcorn with your movie. popcorn::

I felt so pampered! My favorite favorite favorite thing...was being able to order a hot breakfast for the next morning. They come in and put a white table cloth on the table and set it like they do in the dining room. Hot breakfast in my fluffy robe with an ocean view. I pinched myself every single day.;)

I don't know if there is a full list anywhere of what they can do..but I can tell you they will TRY to do anything they can to make you feel special.:goodvibes

6. elderfam

I have to say I am stunned by how many people have been to my youtube site to see the room. 450!
    It's a great room and worth a look for sure.
    enjoy!!:thumbsup2

7. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Love it! Dang, that veranda looks even better than the royals

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

8. cinjam

cinjam When will we go again???? Why in April, of course!

Love it!

9. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Awesome! :goodvibes

10. OrcaPotter

OrcaPotter Lucky to be local to the Mouse

How much was the upgrade, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking about how much to expect if my family decides to upgrade for our Alaskan cruise.

11. elderfam

$5000. Which at first I thought we would have a heart attack, however, it was for a two week panama canal cruise. It was sooooo worth it. My FIL who uses a walker was on the ship with us...just down the hall. Our room was perfect for him. Our 5 year old son had plenty of room to play.

If you ever get the chance....take it. Felt like a Queen!

12. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

thanks for sharing. this is probably as close as I will ever get to a one bedroom so nice to see.
    again, thanks.