View Comparison

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by fuzzlekins, Mar 5, 2013.

1. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

Looking toward our Jan/Feb 2014 vacation, based on information I've found on this wonderful site, I am now considering renting points through David's for 8-9 nights at AKL vs. 7-8 nights at Pop and transferring to AKL for 1 night. My question is how does a regular savanna view compare to a savanna view with the DVC? Would we be able to be in Jambo house with DVC? Do you get to stipulate which building you want when you reserve?

Also, is there any particular insurance company you recommend when renting DVC points (since I understand you can't make any changes)?

Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Harlemgirl720

Harlemgirl720 DIS Veteran

If you rent points and stay at Jambo, SV are on the two top floors. Pay OOP is lower floors. Kidani will be any floor. If you are going to do SV I would suggest staying at Kidani.

Are you renting a studio or a 1-2 bedroom? This also makes a difference. At Jambo in a 1 BR you have 1 bathroom. 2 BR - 2 Bathroom.
    At Kidani its 2 Baths in a 1 BR and 3 Baths in a 2 BR.

Many enjoy the convenience of Jambo but I prefer Kidani.

I wish I could help with a good rental. I see many use David's Vacation Club Rentals. There are some on this board that rent as well. Check the DVC forum.

4. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

We would be going with a studio w/ DVC.

5. Harlemgirl720

Harlemgirl720 DIS Veteran

There isn't much of a difference in the room size. Jambo will be fine. Never stayed there as a DVC member. I did stay there prior to purchasing DVC. Stayed in a studio. There were 2 beds. DVC there will be 1 bed and a pullout sofa.

6. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I've only stayed in Jambo, non-DVC. We've had Sunset savana & Arusha Savana views, both are nice but we prefer Arusha. Having said this, we also walk over to Kidani and really like their savana lookout too.

Kidani is newer, and as mentioned, more bathrooms as it was built as a DVC. Jambo was not, they just converted rooms on the top floor.
    Kidani gets picked up first on the bus.
    IMO Jambo has a nicer pool.
    Kidani doesn't have a food court, so you'd have to walk (about 15-20 min) to Jambo, or bus. Kidani only has a mug refill station in the very small gift shop.

7. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

I really want giraffe views (fairly reliable ones I hope), and I'd definitely prefer to be near the restaurants if I don't have to sacrifice view for it. Number of bathrooms won't be an issue since we're looking to do a studio.

8. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

We love Jambo! The lobby is stunning. Good luck, I hope you are able to get your studio.

9. Sugarglider

Sugarglider DIS Veteran

I stayed at jambo in DVC and was up on the 5th floor - so it is quite high and I was looking down onto the animals. whilst nice, I would think a lower floor would be a closer view to the animals. i overlooked Arusha Savannah and there were no giraffes. I am not sure where the giraffe's are - the map seems to suggest that giraffes are at Kidani on sunset savanna, and at uzima savannah

10. Tropics

Tropics Mouseketeer

We're renting DVC points through David's for our AKL stay in December. We were able to specify that we wanted Jambo House vs. Kidani. We wanted to be close to Mara and Boma so we made sure to specify Jambo. We will be staying in a studio with savanna view. We were not able to specify which savanna (whereas when you are paying cash for AKL you can specify Arusha savanna view... for an extra cost of course). A DVC savanna view could be any of the three savannas at Jambo. I think that you can request a particular savanna when doing online checkin but that is not guaranteed.

11. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the insights! :)