Videos Added! Pixie Dust and Magic - DLP Trip Report 14th-17th August 2012 FINISHED!

ok - i welled up for most of ur report lol
ur belle & tiana look like ours who invited the boys for their own private meet & greet (belle - english/america, tiana - french?)

uve got sum lovely pics, and sum fantastic memories..... i do reckon she wud have had loads of interaction regardless of the card as shes so dinky & cute :love:

as for the card not 'working' for unorganised meets - that depends on the cm, ive had the same, but then have had the opposite (and also had card refused at official meets!! - worst refusal was yrs ago when cay wanted to meet stitch and the cm almost pushed him away - but stitch saw and pulled him over)

i hope ur creating a photobook of these memories for rosebug for when shes older - it wud b a magical reminder..... so glad u had so much pixie dust xxxxxxx

Thank you. The princesses weren't at the DLH meal though - they were in the lobby for a meet and greet. I was quite surprised to see 4 of them there! I hope you manage to see them! Auberge is a guaranteed way to see 3 of them though!

xx

yes I am booking Auberges as its DD birthday (like you for the Princess meet & greet not the food):rotfl2:

was thinking of just having cocktails at DLP I'll time this at 3:30pm meet n greet time (do you think if I ask at reception of DL Hotel they will tell me the meet n greet times??

Another thought DH and DS go to the sports bat in the village and myself and dd attend the afternoon tea package at the Disneyland hotel but not sure what times these are available

yes I am booking Auberges as its DD birthday (like you for the Princess meet & greet not the food):rotfl2:

was thinking of just having cocktails at DLP I'll time this at 3:30pm meet n greet time (do you think if I ask at reception of DL Hotel they will tell me the meet n greet times??

Another thought DH and DS go to the sports bat in the village and myself and dd attend the afternoon tea package at the Disneyland hotel but not sure what times these are available

I'm sure they will tell you if you ask. I think usually it is Thursday - Sunday at 4pm in the DLH. But this was Tuesday at 3-3:30ish, so wondering if it was an unplanned extra? Worth an ask though!

My friend was at DLP the week before me, and it was her DD's birthday, she went to City Hall for the sticker and phone call, but also got given a fastpass to meet Mickey at his new home? Wonder if this is now part of the Birthday treatment?!

ok - i welled up for most of ur report lol
ur belle & tiana look like ours who invited the boys for their own private meet & greet (belle - english/america, tiana - french?)

uve got sum lovely pics, and sum fantastic memories..... i do reckon she wud have had loads of interaction regardless of the card as shes so dinky & cute :love:

as for the card not 'working' for unorganised meets - that depends on the cm, ive had the same, but then have had the opposite (and also had card refused at official meets!! - worst refusal was yrs ago when cay wanted to meet stitch and the cm almost pushed him away - but stitch saw and pulled him over)

i hope ur creating a photobook of these memories for rosebug for when shes older - it wud b a magical reminder..... so glad u had so much pixie dust xxxxxxx

You big softy! You wouldn't catch me crying (much!) ;)

I think being little helps, CM's randomly kept stopping to chat with her and give her hugs! If only they knew how nuts she is! :eek:

We were turned away at the Rapunzel meet too, my fault, we waited as long as possible because I didn't like pushing in, and when I finally went back to ask they had closed the main line so wouldn't let us in either. Rosebug was fine with this, as I explained that other little girls had never met Rapunzel but she had in February, so she had to let them have her chance!

Wendy and Peter Pan were un-organised meets too - Wendy had a little scrum, but nothing like Pinocchio. Peter Pan had very few people. I asked the CM at Wendy if we could stand to one side until it was quieter before we met her, as we had the pass and he said "Absolutely not, you're next" and took Rosebug's hand and led her in. Peter Pan, we were stood at the side waiting, I had the pass in my hand as we had been heading to rides and the CM saw it and asked us to go next. I totally understand that they can't accept them all the time and the practicalities of using it at the un-organised meets are difficult, so either way I wouldn't have been put out! But by god they need to do something about the scrums like at Pinocchio, people could very easily get hurt!!

I have a blog diary I've been keeping for Rosebug, but it is very out of date now, I have lots to add in - but need to get on with it!

I am ashamed to say, we did VERY little shopping. So not like me, but we were having too much fun!

We bought:
a Tinkerbell lanyard, Minnie 20th Anniversary pin and Alice pin
2 engraved glass slippers
20th anniversary photo album (light up one) and 2 autograph books
Some biscuits and sweets
20th Anniversary Minnie light up wand
20th Anniversary Christmas tree decoration
First Christmas tree decoration

and that was it! How shocking!!!! Rosebug did get her Snow White dress; hairband; bag; doll and Tinkerbell playset included in her makeover too! Although Snow White didn't make it home with us somehow, luckily a friend was there so I texted her and she brought Snow White home for Rosebug (well bought another one!)

I had all these plans to buy the most fantastic things and never went into more than 2 shops! ;) Oh well!

Thank you! It was a magical trip, but now I have to decide which photos to print off for the album. I took over 1000, and the album holds 200! :confused3 :lmao:

That's the difficult part! I need to do it myself, I managed to take 980 photos and still haven't chosen the ones to have printed :rotfl2: it's too hard when there are so many nice ones! Hopefully you'll mange, or have several albums :lmao:

Aw how cute is she with Pluto?

I know - it was the cutest thing ever! It went on for ages, at the end of the video he was pretending to eat her food, she thought it was hilarious!

That's the difficult part! I need to do it myself, I managed to take 980 photos and still haven't chosen the ones to have printed :rotfl2: it's too hard when there are so many nice ones! Hopefully you'll mange, or have several albums :lmao:

It's going to take a while. And then to choose some for the walls too! My house is already like a bloody gallery, it's going to be even worse now!

Really loved your trip report! Your little girl is adorable :) Glad you had a lovely time! :goodvibes

Aw, I've so enjoyed reading that, loved seeing all the photos of your beautiful little girl. I'm so glad you got the pass to make Rosebug's life easier (can't believe that awful woman wouldn't make way for that poor man, shocking behaviour :scared1: ) and never feel guilty about it as it wouldn't be given if she didn't qualify for it, I'm sure given the choice she'd rather wait rather than suffer with her tummy.

I think usually it is Thursday - Sunday at 4pm in the DLH. But this was Tuesday at 3-3:30ish, so wondering if it was an unplanned extra? Worth an ask though!
I thought so too but as we left Inventions a few minutes after 3pm on Sunday the princesses were all downstairs already meeting and greeting. I should have looked to see if there was a sign up giving dates/times (there was last year) but I didn't think, sorry.

I am ashamed to say, we did VERY little shopping. So not like me, but we were having too much fun!

Rosebug won't be little for ever so far more important to capture all those special memories :goodvibes and it's kinder on your bank balance! :rotfl:

Aw, I've so enjoyed reading that, loved seeing all the photos of your beautiful little girl. I'm so glad you got the pass to make Rosebug's life easier (can't believe that awful woman wouldn't make way for that poor man, shocking behaviour :scared1: ) and never feel guilty about it as it wouldn't be given if she didn't qualify for it, I'm sure given the choice she'd rather wait rather than suffer with her tummy.

I thought so too but as we left Inventions a few minutes after 3pm on Sunday the princesses were all downstairs already meeting and greeting. I should have looked to see if there was a sign up giving dates/times (there was last year) but I didn't think, sorry.

Rosebug won't be little for ever so far more important to capture all those special memories :goodvibes and it's kinder on your bank balance! :rotfl:

Actually you know what - if I gave her the choice and said "Rosebug, you can either have no more tummy problems OR you can go on Pirates/Peter Pan/Snow White and sodding Pinocchio as many times as you like, which would you like?" I am pretty sure I know which she'd take, what's a bit of tummy ache eh? :rotfl2:

Wonder if the Princesses is a summer addition to DLH?

Hell yeah, the lack of shopping has either MOT'd and taxed our car or bought me a new living room carpet! So I'm happy! ;)

I have seen on a few Disneyland Paris Facebook pages that the princess have been appearing for meet and greets at the hotel I hope we get to see them would love to be able to give princess pavilion a miss this time!

I have seen on a few Disneyland Paris Facebook pages that the princess have been appearing for meet and greets at the hotel I hope we get to see them would love to be able to give princess pavilion a miss this time!

I think they should make this more regular for definite. It isn't fair to expect little girls to either wait in line for 2 hours or eat at the most expensive restaurant in the park just to meet a Princess.

RoseBug said:
I think they should make this more regular for definite. It isn't fair to expect little girls to either wait in line for 2 hours or eat at the most expensive restaurant in the park just to meet a Princess.

I agree and we weren't that thrilled with the food at the restaurant so to pay that much then still be hungry is such a waste. We literally paid 100+ Euros for characters interaction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter