Victoria & Albert's

grannyed

Mouseketeer
I am hoping to book for this restaraunt, but see that it is formal - men need jackets? ladies to dress up - is that the case. Wouldn't usually take anything too 'posh' to WDW but would hate to go and feel out of place - will anyone who has eaten there tell me what they wore - jacket and tie or DJ for the men and also how formal/informal for ladies

grannyed said:
I am hoping to book for this restaraunt, but see that it is formal - men need jackets? ladies to dress up - is that the case. Wouldn't usually take anything too 'posh' to WDW but would hate to go and feel out of place - will anyone who has eaten there tell me what they wore - jacket and tie or DJ for the men and also how formal/informal for ladies

Yes, jacket and tie for me, I took a suit with me
My wife wore a dress.

The dry cleaners in Florida are superb and cheap, well worth packing some decent cloths for a change! :goodvibes

the official line from WDW is:
Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

At Victoria and Albert's, suit jackets (normal suit) are required for me and
ties are optional.

Proper evening attire is required for ladies.

thanks for that you say that your wife wore a dress - was it an evening dress I guess what I really want to know is can you go too overdressed ie. a long gown would that be okay or a bit over the top

for ladies being overdressed can be embarrasing

DW and I ate there following our wedding. I wore my Tux and she wore her wedding dress. Neither of us felt overdressed :)

grannyed said:
thanks for that you say that your wife wore a dress - was it an evening dress I guess what I really want to know is can you go too overdressed ie. a long gown would that be okay or a bit over the top

for ladies being overdressed can be embarrasing

Acouple of the ladies had evening dresses on, the rest including my wife had dresses, not gowns, but just below knee height (if that makes sense) :)

You can't be overdressed at V&A, especially if you want to make it an occasion to remember :)

Here's what a couple I know wore ;)

deb1matt.jpg

homerdog said:
Here's what a couple I know wore

...and what a fabulous looking couple they are too!
:cool1:

As well as having worn a tie, I have also gone in an open necked shirt - still with a jacket though. Personally I prefer this, as I always get hot wearing a jacket through Dinner especially along with a long sleeved shirt and tie, but with a short sleeved shirt I stay cooler - and look pretty cool at the same time;)

homerdog said:
You can't be overdressed at V&A, especially if you want to make it an occasion to remember :)

Here's what a couple I know wore ;)

I would like it known that I have protected my intellectual property rights and you will be hearing from my lawyer. ;)

As I had your permission to take that photo, I am the copyright holder and can distribute it as I see fit pirate: Tell that to your lawyer! :teeth:

Just read this and thought I'd share it with you! :sunny:

Victoria & Albert's restaurant at Disney's Grand Floridian
Resort was honored again this year as one of only six Florida
restaurants awarded AAA's top ranking of five diamonds. Nearly
57,000 restaurants and hotels throughout all 50 states, Canada,
Mexico and the Caribbean are reviewed each year by AAA, with
only about one-quarter of 1 percent attaining the five-diamond
level. To be considered, the businesses undergo an inspection by
one of AAA's 65 evaluators, and then the five-diamond winners go
through more extensive inspections and final committee review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter