Victoria & Albert's - Picture Trip Report

OMG!

That was outstanding. The pictures were absolutely incredible! Even things I don't really like made my mouth water. (And you have a couple of handsome sons!)

Thank you so much for sharing with us, and sharing your response from the manager.

I'm assuming that you don't need to do the wine pairings, right? Is that the $125 price?

I'm assuming that you don't need to do the wine pairings, right? Is that the $125 price?

Dinner Price = $125
Wine Pairings = $60 (optional)

If you have a Tables in Wonderland card (formerly known as Disney Dining Experience), you can get 20% discount.

Your Pooh picture reminded me of this one

p282605974-3.jpg

That "once-a-decade experience" I mentioned at the beginning of this thread - HAH!!

Returning May 13th for DS's 21st birthday (at last, someone to help me with the wine pairing!!

Stay tuned for more pictures!!

Thanks for sharing. DW and I are planning to eat here on our trip, just for the experience, but now that I have seen the food, I can't wait!

I've said it before in some of your other threads, but WOW, you are truly an artist with that camera.

Fantastic review of a fantastic restaurant. Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait for your update after tonight's dinner!

Enjoy - and Happy Birthday to your son! :cake:

-Brad

Looking forward to another V&A review. Are you going to CG as well? If so can you ask what is up with the flatbreads being removed from the menu? Also, I'd LOVE a current CG menu if you are going (I'll be there on June 1st :goodvibes) Thanks!!

Have a fantastic meal and wish your DS Happy Birthday :)

Thanks for sharing. DW and I are planning to eat here on our trip, just for the experience, but now that I have seen the food, I can't wait!

Let us know how it goes!

I've said it before in some of your other threads, but WOW, you are truly an artist with that camera.

Fantastic review of a fantastic restaurant. Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait for your update after tonight's dinner!

Enjoy - and Happy Birthday to your son! :cake:

-Brad

Hey - thanks - I recognize you from the Bocuse D'or thread!. We just had a most memorable meal last night at V&A - stay tuned!! The pictures are uploading (from PC to web host site) as I type. We are heading off to Artist's Point at 5:30, then La Nouba - so I am unlikely to post them here tonight - but sometime over the next couple of days, the amuse bouche should start showing up!

Also - I asked the manager (Israel Perez) what the chances were that Disney would be able to host the Bocuse D'or USA finals again in 2010. He didn't say, but he mentioned that the V&A chef, Scott Hunnel, is married to the woman/chef responsible for the F&W festival. I told him we had IDEAS and would forward them for him to share with here. May have to start a thread just for that!

Looking forward to another V&A review. Are you going to CG as well? If so can you ask what is up with the flatbreads being removed from the menu? Also, I'd LOVE a current CG menu if you are going (I'll be there on June 1st :goodvibes) Thanks!!

As a matter of fact..... I will be at CG tomorrow night (5:30 in case anyone else will be there). I always keep my menus - although, without a scanner, I don't usually post them. I will inquire about the flatbreads for sure - since that is what I was planning to order for myself. Stay tuned.

And now - I really must get other clothes on for dinner, as I am still in my "archery" clothes from that outing today in Ft Wilderness (will have to write that up as well!!)

Lovely evening, all!

OK. So there was pre-dessert gellato, then dessert, then post-dessert snack. My kind of place!!

Very nice. I'm not sure I could do V&A as much as the food looks so good. But I am picky. Nothing interested me (in terms of eating, not your lovely report) until about the entree.

Maggie

As a matter of fact..... I will be at CG tomorrow night (5:30 in case anyone else will be there). I always keep my menus - although, without a scanner, I don't usually post them. I will inquire about the flatbreads for sure - since that is what I was planning to order for myself. Stay tuned.

I'm glad you had a wonderful meal at V&A and hope you have a great one at CG tonight. More than a full menu, I'm interested in anything new and exciting as far as sushi, first course and dessert go. Thanks!

The quick update..... before I turn in for the night....

1) Flatbread oven is awaiting repair. They expect it to be fixed, and flatbreads back on the menu, June 2nd.

2) Dinner was great - will be uploading pictures tonight, not sure when I'll be posting. If you are subscribed to CG thread, the details will be there.

3) Yoshe had added a soft shell crab roll (Medusa - you'll understand when you see the pictures) - for as long as it is in season.

4) New chef - Brian - is officially in place (from Animal Kingdom Lodge)

I have not been the DISboards in quite awhile, so I smiled when I saw your revview of V&A's...I love seeing old familiar faces (well, ok, I mean screen names) and your threads ALWAS make me smile.

I have dined at V&A's once, on our 10 year wedding anniversary (which was 2 years ago) and it was such a lovely experience. I don't know when we will get back there, so thank you for sharing such details with us.

BTW, your sons are GORGEOUS!

The quick update..... before I turn in for the night....

1) Flatbread oven is awaiting repair. They expect it to be fixed, and flatbreads back on the menu, June 2nd.

2) Dinner was great - will be uploading pictures tonight, not sure when I'll be posting. If you are subscribed to CG thread, the details will be there.

3) Yoshe had added a soft shell crab roll (Medusa - you'll understand when you see the pictures) - for as long as it is in season.

4) New chef - Brian - is officially in place (from Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Just wanted to note that as of June 1st 2009 there were no flatbreads on the menu at California Grill :sad2:

Just tonight we were able to secure reservations at V&A on the first night of our Disney vacation. We will be meeting our son and his girlfriend (have never met her!) they live on the opposite side of the country from us.
Never thought we would be able to get the reservation because it's less than 3 months but my husband said why not try and it worked. Gotta love a husband like that.
We are so looking forward to the trip to meet up with our son and his girlfriend and this will be the perfect start!
Loved being able to see the pictures and read the review. Thanks!!

They are so tiny they are almost pointless. And if they are that small how many courses do you get?:banana:

The courses being small is the point. Just big enough to fully taste and enjoy the course, but not so large you are completely full for the next course. By the end of the meal you are stuffed. V&A is far from pointless. It by far ranks as one of the best meals I have ever had. When I was there earlier this year, there were 6 menu courses, plus the amuse bouche (which was 4 separate items in our case), plus 3 bread & butter courses, plus the candy plate, plus a cranberry orange loaf for the next morning.

I have never been to the V & A.

That being said, POINTLESS!?!?!?

(Oh, yeah, wait....if they think it is pointless, they won't go...if they don't go, it will be easier for me to get a reservation...hmmm....)

Yep, its pointless, by golly!

Thank you for the beautiful review and STUNNING photos.

Did the sommalier check in with you and ask your preferences for wine or were the pairings just sent out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!