Victoria & Albert's - Picture Trip Report

We are particularly partial to seafood....

Florida Black Grouper with Artichokes, Fennel, Leeks and Jamon Iberico

p634971699-4.jpg

Wine Pairing: Domaine Vincent Girardin Santenay 1er Cru Clos de Tavannes 2006

Caramelized Diver Scallop with Zellwood Corn Ragout

p585620244-4.jpg

Edible art!!

Wow, foods are delicious. We better try that in our next trip. I love it. Thanks and looking forward for more pics.

Have a nice day. :)

Yes, I highly recommend V&A's...it's more than a meal, it's an experience, an adventure and a great way to step out and have some fun.

Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Baby Beets and Sherry Bacon Vinaigrette

p711106512-4.jpg

Far left: Potato/Parsnip gratinee
Middle: Pork Belly - wonderfully rich bacon
Right: Tenderloin

Pennsylvania Lamb with Kabocha Squash and Italian Chestnut Sauce

p574459285-4.jpg

Wine Pairing: Familia Schroeder "Saurus" Merlot, Patagonia 2003

Marcho Farms Veal Tenderloin with Yellow Chanterelles and English Peas

p821977101-4.jpg

Yummy... and great photography... I hope this place is still there in 10 years my kiddos are way too young to enjoy it now. Maybe I'll have to do a date night one of these years.

Really, I am in awe, drooling, stunned beyond words. I love V&A. I can't get enough.

Colston Bassett Stilton, Comte Fort des Rousses and Chabichoi du Poitou

p909812836-4.jpg

Wine Pairing: Qinta do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Porto 2001

White Chocolate Gelato with Tableside Shavings and Micro Orchids

p1055970429-4.jpg

I thought for sure a photo with so much "white" would not turn out - and it turned out to be one of my favorites!

Tanzanian Chocolate Pyramid, Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle and Peruvian Chocolate Ice Cream and Puff Pastry

p999869860-3.jpg

p737667705-3.jpg

p812902092-3.jpg

Grand Marnier Souffle

p788022091-3.jpg

Caramlized Banana Gateau

p873490584-4.jpg

Friandise, anyway

p1048787675-4.jpg

What you have here are three post-dessert treats

Left: cookie - some variation on Russian tea cookie, Mexican wedding cake - almond, I think. Excellent, but for those of us of a certain age, we grew up in neighborhoods with first generation immigrants who made these from scratch every Christmas, and shared them. Excellent, familiar, but not what you would call unique (not that everything has to be unique, just observing...)

Middle: chocolate covered caramel - liquid caramel - liquid still slightly WARM caramel. Unlike anything I've had before. Buttery, rich - probably not something that can be commercially made / sold - wouldn't withstand distribution.

Right: probably has a "real" name, but to get you oriented quickly, we'll call it a "gourmet gum drop" - only soft and chewy - with fresh, tart fruit flavor. Loved it! DSs let me have them all!!

Up next (and last), a visit to the kitchen!

We just had our 20th Anniversary dinner at Victoria & Albert's last week. :love: :cloud9: We didn't take any pictures this time. (not that any of my pictures would have turned out half as good as yours!) I hope you don't mind, but when I write about our dinner in my TR, I plan on posting a link over here so everyone can see what the heck I'm talking about! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for posting these amazing pictures! I'm glad you had a great dinner with your sons, and I hope you get to go back with your DH later this year! :goodvibes

Cheers!
-Michelle

We love V&As and cant wait to go back. What a ray of sunshine you brought into my life with your beautiful Pics. Thank You! ::yes:: :)

This is a very enjoyable review, thanks for taking the time to share it! I am especially impressed with how artistic each dish is - as you said in one post, it really is edible art! Fantastic!

Chef Aimee smiling with DSs - note the series of awards on the wall!!

p626853382-4.jpg

Pastry station

p993408177-4.jpg

Note - the cake was a special order. The private room was in use - a former Imagineer hosts an annual dinner for 20+ - and this was their dessert.

Chefs hard at work

p834975663-4.jpg

At this point, I was just pleased to be in the kitchen - I have NO idea what they were doing.

Why was I in the kitchen? Dunno - they asked if I was interested! Maybe they ask everyone. Maybe they thought anyone silly enough to take pictures of food might LIKE to see the kitchen. Who knows! Next time, I'll take more pictures and ask more questions.

I don't know if it was the Manager (Israel Perez) or our server Anita (formerly known as "Victoria") who mentioned that V&A has three times the staff proportionate to the number of diners (I think that was the ratio - we are talking SIX glasses of wine over 3 hours.... with at least a couple of bottles of bubble-water). Might contribute to "three times the cost". Almost certainly contributes to the number of items, complexity of each item, sheer detail composing each item into artwork available to us in this very special, delicious, creative, beautiful, unique dining experience.

I loved it.

Thanks for the fantastic report!! I have always hesitated to think about spending that much money on a meal, but the way you describe it, I think I am getting more tempted to try it as a very special experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!